All Start Sports February Stay

cathynmichigan

Earning My Ears
Is there any place that I can check to see if there might be groups at All Star Sports during February 3-8? We normally stay at POP but DH wants to try this resort, but I am getting worried about groups of cheerleaders, etc. We have never experienced that at POP before.
Thanks!

there does not seem to be a schedule for 2014 on disney world - wide world of sports - guess you can call and ask?

Here are a few so far. These are the competition dates but most are offered special rates a few days before and/or with discount tickets. Those that say just AllStar, that is what their package says so guess it depends on where Disney wants to fill the rooms. (Just listed those I found for sure are staying on property).

Compete Dates/ Name/ Hotel
Feb1-2/ Dance/ AllStar or CBR
Feb1-2/ Cheer/ AllStar or CBR
Feb5-9/ Field Hockey/ POP or CBR
Feb8-10/ Cheer Nationals, all ages/ AllStar or CBR
Feb14-17/ Gymnastics/ Allstar Sports
Feb14-17/ Twirl Mania/ ASMU or POP
Feb14-17/ Soccer/ ASSP or CBR
Feb28-Mar1/ Dance/ AllStar
Feb28-Mar1/ Dance AllStar
Feb28-Mar2/ Cheer & Dance/ AllStar
All month/ All sports training camps

Thanks for the info! Do you know, when the groups come in, are they in standard rooms or preferred?
We were thinking of staying in the baseball area of All Stars, but am now debating on preferred water view area, hoping the groups are not placed there?

We stayed at Sports in 2012 - Can't remember if it was the last week of January or the 1st week of February. During our stay we shared the resort with both cheerleaders and a Brazilian tour group. It was very crowded and very loud....especially in the food court. The Brazilian tour group would get there early in the morning with plates and loaves of bread to make breakfast. They would take up about 1/2 of the tables and chairs. Also, the cheer groups would practice their routines outside between the buildings and the tour groups would play soccer.

The stay was doable if we planned our meals and bus transportation around the groups but we would have preferred staying at a different resort had we known they would be there.

This was the trip that convinced my DH to purchase a DVC! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter