All Stars- Refrigerators?

When I called to make my reservations the gal told me that all value resorts have fridge's now, it was a WDW cast member who told me, so it must be true right???

My cousin & her husband just returned from All Star Sports 2 weeks ago & their room DID NOT have a fridge. She was really bummed because I told her that they all did & it did show on the resort website that it was supposed to have one. She didn't want to take the time to go back up to the front desk & find out why. Their time was so short at the resort & the parks anyways. I told her she needed to write a letter to WDW though to find out why the website said it did & then the room didn't. :confused3:confused3:confused3

They all have refrigerators in the room now. If they don't have one, then simply request one and they will bring it to you. My BIL and I had connecting rooms and his room had a broken refrigerator. They removed it and put a replacement fridge outside of the place where the broken fridge was. Once we checked out, not sure if the replacement fridge, placed next to the table, was removed and left the room without a fridge.

We were at All-Star Sports (Homerun Hotel) in June and had a fridge.

We just got back yesterday from ASMusic- Broadway, and we had a fridge. It was a nice surprise because I had no idea they put them in all the rooms now.

Just picked up my tickets yesterday and asked about a fridge. Travel Agent said no we have to rent one. Just emailed Disney to confirm that I have to rent one or not! Will be displeased if we have to.

Just picked up my tickets yesterday and asked about a fridge. Travel Agent said no we have to rent one. Just emailed Disney to confirm that I have to rent one or not! Will be displeased if we have to.

You do not have to rent a fridge. They are in all the resort rooms free of charge. If it's not in the room they probably took it out for maintenance and forgot replace it. That travel agent is living in the past.

My cousin & her husband just returned from All Star Sports 2 weeks ago & their room DID NOT have a fridge. She was really bummed because I told her that they all did & it did show on the resort website that it was supposed to have one. She didn't want to take the time to go back up to the front desk & find out why. Their time was so short at the resort & the parks anyways. I told her she needed to write a letter to WDW though to find out why the website said it did & then the room didn't. :confused3:confused3:confused3

As I sometimes have blonde moments, I feel I can ask: Did your cousin open all of the dresser drawers? The fridges are made to blend in, and not look like a fridge shoved into the room. Unless you know where they should be, you may miss it.

If you get there and don't have one, just pick up the phone and call the front desk and tell them. No need to walk all the way back to the main building. ;)

So are they actually fridges? The reason I ask is because, awhile back I heard they were putting in a cooler into the value resort.

buzznina said:
So are they actually fridges? The reason I ask is because, awhile back I heard they were putting in a cooler into the value resort.

They are beverage coolers; they keep things cold as long as they are already cold.

It's just like a mini-fridge for a dorm room. It kept all our stuff very cold. We put things in there that were not cold and it took no time for them to get cold. We kept milk in there too. It does not have a freezer section though.

As I sometimes have blonde moments, I feel I can ask: Did your cousin open all of the dresser drawers? The fridges are made to blend in, and not look like a fridge shoved into the room. Unless you know where they should be, you may miss it.

Yes-they checked everywhere in the room. They didn't go back up to the front desk or call about it was their time was short to get to the parks & they'd saved for quite awhile to have this special trip. Just wish the WDW reservation person had given them a bit more information over the phone about the resort itself. I think they would have been happier at another one where not all the sports teams were staying. They were told 18 different countries staying there when they checked in.

Yes-they checked everywhere in the room. They didn't go back up to the front desk or call about it was their time was short to get to the parks & they'd saved for quite awhile to have this special trip. Just wish the WDW reservation person had given them a bit more information over the phone about the resort itself. I think they would have been happier at another one where not all the sports teams were staying. They were told 18 different countries staying there when they checked in.

I don't think Disney can give out information on who is staying at their resorts. Offering up that Joe's basketball team will be at the Music resort on your dates and you may want to switch resorts would be a good way to get sued for slander by Joe's basketball team. Not to mention, an invasion of privacy. You have to find out that kind of info for yourself.

People know to avoid the Pop Warner group(if they choose to) because Pop Warner puts those dates out there for everyone to find. We didn't have a problem with them when we were at the Music with them in 2010. But Disney won't tell you to avoid the resorts they are at either. Btw, teams also stay at Moderate resorts, they don't just stick to the Values.

I don't think Disney can give out information on who is staying at their resorts. Offering up that Joe's basketball team will be at the Music resort on your dates and you may want to switch resorts would be a good way to get sued for slander by Joe's basketball team. Not to mention, an invasion of privacy. You have to find out that kind of info for yourself.

People know to avoid the Pop Warner group(if they choose to) because Pop Warner puts those dates out there for everyone to find. We didn't have a problem with them when we were at the Music with them in 2010. But Disney won't tell you to avoid the resorts they are at either. Btw, teams also stay at Moderate resorts, they don't just stick to the Values.

My cousins had never stayed at WDW on property at all, so they didn't really have a clue how bad things could be at the resorts. I've always been able to get a feel from the WDW reservationists if the resorts are going to be crowded. They didn't want to know WHO was going to be staying at a certain resort, but they certainly didn't expect to be overrun the way they were. Same in the parks. I tried to help them but the reservations had already been made & paid for before they asked for input. :confused3

Reservations CMs will answer any questions the guest asks, and perhaps provide a little more information, but can't reasonably be expected to anticipate or guess what the person on the phone does or doesn't know or may or may not ask. I might annoy the heck out of some friends or coworkers (family either lives WDW or avoids it like the Plague ;)) by bombarding them with information - but if I know they should avoid July and Jersey Week and Pop Warner week if possible, and they wouldn't know to ask a CM about unusually large crowds... Why wouldn't I, the WDW "expert", share what I know?

While it's truly too bad they didn't have a refrigerator in their room, even if they were spending all their time in the parks there had to be a two-to-five minute period when they were in the room but one of them was just waiting for the other? One person could have picked up the phone and called housekeeping or 'the front desk' and had the problem fixed. If they were too busy or unwilling to take literally a few minutes to resolve the problem, is it even worth them mentioning after it's too late to fix?

Do all Disney Hotels have frigs now???? I thought I read that they did however I cant find it now.

The fridge/cooler is in here:

P1110917.jpg

P1110933.jpg

This is from All Star Movies, June 2012

haha!! That's hilarious, because I did the SAME exact thing this past June 1st!! I forgot they had them in there and when we were putting our items away, I smiled!

I was impressed they updated the AS resorts and it was refreshing. I opened up the dresser and BAM there was a refridgerator. i will say though that it did not keep anything cold. just a smidge cooler than room temperature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter