All Stars or Pop?

MakingDreamsComeTrue

Earning My Ears
I am going to admit first thing, Coronado is the one for me. I love it and its King Beds. It beckons to me, you know? Haha.

But here is my dilemma - I am throwing together a last minute celebration at the World and flying down my DBF from Jersey. I haven't seen him since February, guys!

This is (technically) for my 21st birthday, which is next month on the 25th. But this is also more of a vacation for him that he really deserves. He is a volunteer firefighter in South Jersey.

I really, really wish I could afford that king bed in Coronado but this much short notice doesn't allow for such money at hand.

So that leaves me with the values. The All Stars are cheaper, but Pop has a better food court from what I hear?

What do you guys, in all your vast, vast knowledge suggest?

+ I am hoping for something not too crowded at the very end of October. (October 28th-November

+ Good food court selection

Any help or advice anyone may have to offer would be so very appreciated! :)

Love Pop. Never stayed at the all-stars. You could put in a room request for a king bed (no extra), but there is a chance you won't get it. We have gotten the king one time and been denied one time. So it's iffy. The food court is yummy! We love the tye dye cheesecake :). Also, you can walk over to AOA and check it out. You also only have one bus service. We have always had good luck with the busses at Pop. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you will love it! Have a great trip. ;)

We've stayed at all 3 AS and at Pop. Personally we like Pop better. The theme is cooler and the food court was nicer. Also we liked that it was by itself and not three resorts in one. Out of all three AS though our favorite was the movies. The other just weren't themed as much.

We've never requested a king bed but like pp said you can try it and see.

The POP was way better than the All Stars imho. We <3 the Coronado too. The *** aren't comparable. We were really disappointed with those. No grounds, lots of concrete, lots of kids running amuck. We were there during a teen thingie. Nightmare.

I know I'm in the minority, but I much prefer the All Star's. Pop was cool, but I love Music and Movies. And I love their food courts. Pop was the last I tried, and I was very disappointed that the items I loved at All Star's weren't available at Pop. I just felt like Pop was more crowded and hustle-y bustle-y. (yes, that's a word, lol)

I've stayed at Pop and Sports. Pop does have a much superior food court, but we found we liked the actual resort of sports better. We got a king size bed room at Sports and it was comfy, we had great housekeeping, and it was shorter time to get from point A to Point B.

Sorry I know split answers don't help much!

Wow!! Thank you so much everyone!! This was a lovely thing to come off work to after a hard day at MK. :)

All you advice really helps me and I think I am going to call rather than book online. That way I can see about Pop as a first request and ask the CM's opinion on the availability of a king bed. If not, then All Stars Movies and Sports will be next choices.

Thank you so much for your input and advice!! This really helped calm my nerves and give me a plan of action!

I will definitely make sure to update y'all with what I find out so as to help those in the future whom might a query similar to mine. Thank you again!! :)

IMO I would choose POP and not only because of the food court because it does not share a bus with anyone else!!
We had requested a King size bed and our request was honored

and p.s pixiedust: Welcome to DISboards!

We love Pop!although I have not stayed at the other values,other then just going to look around.We have never had a bad experience at Pop.The food court is very good and I love not having to stop at other resorts after a long day in the parks(other value resorts share the buses) Whatever one you decide to go with....Have FUN:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter