all stars is it worth prefered room

gregpso

Mouseketeer
For 9 nights at the All star resort they want an extra $154 for a preferred room. Is it worth paying the extra

For 9 nights at the All star resort they want an extra $154 for a preferred room. Is it worth paying the extra

i think its worth it!! there could be a very long walk back to your building late at night! unless you stay at POP and request the 50s building which is not preferred but just as close are preferred rooms-- we stay at the calypso building preferred at all stars music -- and we love how close it is to everything include the pool! Its great i would stay its worth the money for sure:)

YES!! It is worth it. We stayed there on our very first visit years ago without it and it was awful. On our next visit we had a preferred room and it made all the difference in the world. :) It's great to be close to the food court & the bus stop. :thumbsup2

Yes! We recently stayed in a preferred room at ASMovies and I loved how it was literally only steps to the food court and feature pool. :goodvibes

I can't tell you how much better your stay will be in the prefered building. We stayed at ASMu a few years ago and really liked the place but we were as far away as you can be from everything. Even the pool by our room seemed not nice (was much colder then the big one by Calpyso) I asked a guy how he got so lucky to be so close to the action and he said he paid more and requested it. I did not know about this AWESOME boards then or I would have done the same. DO IT!!! I am for sure.

alrite, i guess im the only one who thinks its COMPLETELY NOT WORTH IT! the thing about having a preferred room at any of the all stars is that you are right by the pool AKA it is WAY noisy! :scared1:

I think it's nice, but could be noisy if you are by the pool, and don't really think it's necessary. We've stayed preferred and non preferred and were fine with both. We have stayed at the very back of Sports and had no problem with the walk to the front. We actually thought it was relatively short and we were with our toddler.

I have stayed preferred at

ASMo...only because that was all the was available.
POP....we were staying for 14 nights and thought it worth the money to be closer due to the length of our stay.

Movies was great but with the layout of that property it really is not a big advantage. We were in the center of the building behind the elevator and it was only about another 30 second walk to the next building which was standard rooms.

POP we were placed on the 3rd floor and I have bad knees so we had to use the elevator. From the elevator the standard rooms are the EXACT same distance as the preferred ones. So that time it was a waste of money. In future I would request a ground floor 60's room. IMO, that would be worth the extra money.

We just stayed at ASMu in a standard room. I requested and got the Jazz building which is right beside the preferred building. We are definitely going to stay there again but I will only stay preferred. You will be literally steps to the food court....coffee in the morning fast....and steps to the pool. I will say that ASMu and ASSp are a different layout and the standard rooms are a much longer hike from the main building than at movies.

I don't think it's worth it. I've stayed at All Star Music twice both times in the Rock Inn section. The walk to the foodcourt and buses isn't bad at all. It is very noisy up by the preferred. The resort in general is smaller not spread out like say CSR or CBR.
I think you can use that money on somethign else...souviners or dinner!

For us, it was worth it. BUT my children were 6 and 3. SO nice to just get off the bus and not walk far to our room...had a ground floor room to, so I could just wheel the stroller right into the door.

alrite, i guess im the only one who thinks its COMPLETELY NOT WORTH IT! the thing about having a preferred room at any of the all stars is that you are right by the pool AKA it is WAY noisy! :scared1:

I didn't think it would be worth it either. We didn't stay in a preferred room when we stayed at Sports. Depends how much you want to walk I guess but we didn't mind, I'd rather have the extra money.

Also when we were sitting around the pool at night it was so noisy, we couldn't imagine trying to get to sleep in a preferred room with all the noise.

For us, it was not worth it at All Star Movies. We stayed in the preferred section in the Dalmation building, but it would have been 30 seconds more to walk to the Mighty Ducks section. Toy Story section is preferred too and I thought it seemed further than the Mighty Ducks. The Love Bug section was probably the most distant, but still not that far I didn't think. If you could ask at check-in for the Mighty Ducks section, not only did it have its own pool, it was very close to the All Star Music bus stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter