All stars for lunch for people staying offsite?

Daisy57b

Mouseketeer
Hi there!

I'm trying to find a place for my mom and aunt (very picky eaters) to eat lunch that would be inexpensive. They will be going to Animal Kingdom and then Magic Kingdom one day. I've looked on www.wdwig.com for menus and stuff for both AK and MK and noticed that there really isn't much of a selection for picky eaters - mostly hamburgers and cheeseburgers and the cost after drink will probably be $12. I'm trying to find a place that has a big selection and is reasonable. My mom has diabetes and my aunt doesn't want to spend a lot of $$. and plus we're doing chef mickey for dinner that same night. So I thought the food courts at the All Stars have a large selection and are a bit cheaper. I was thinking that they could stop off there after AK and have lunch and then go on to MK. If you aren't staying on site, can you still go have lunch at the All Stars?
Thanks!!!

I don't see why not! We stayed at All Star Music, and thought the food court had a good selection. It is very big and I don't think it would be too crowded in the middle of the day. It is also not a long bus ride from AK, as that is the park that is closest.

They could also buy the vouchers at the AK and dine at the Tusker House before they leave. They could grab their popcorn and water after before they leave the park.

After factoring the bottle of water, it's about the same price as the average meal and drink from the food courts. The portions are also rather large, and they might want to think about sharing.

Anne

I think that going to the All Stars between two parks, just for lunch would waste a lot of time for food that is very simular in quality and price to counter service in the parks. When we staryed there a few years ago, we did several meals there and they were just fine. They were not however, meals I would have chosen had we not been staying there & just wanted something quick and easy. I am sure however that you could do that using WDW transportation. It would be no different than going to one of the deluxe for lunch and many folks do that.

Jordan's mom

I've never been there, but Trail's End at Ft. Wilderness gets great reviews and is very reasonably priced. I think they would park at MK and take a boat to Ft. Wilderness.

For lunch at all stars...you will mostly get hamburgers/cheesburgers. I would go to Tusker house at AK and have the wonderful chicken with potatoes and vegetables...it is excellent.

you mentioned they are picky. What would they be eating?

Personally I wouldn't bother with going to the AS food courts unless they were getting a whole pizza.

If they like salads the Kit carson chicken salad at Peco's Bill's is wonderful. The chicken wrap is good too. The columbia harbour house gets great reviews as does the plaza pavillion and Cosmic Rays.

Opps double post... Will they ever fix the delete feature here?

I guess I will just suggest Peco Bill's or Cosmic Rays. I just wanted to find a place that had more things that hamburgers but that wasn't a lot of food since we're doing a big dinner that night.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter