• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Stars and school/sports groups?

rbalcom

Mouseketeer
I have recently heard that Disney books ALL the large school/sports groups at the All Stars, particularly ASMu, and that Pop may be the better place for us when we go as we will have 2 seniors with us. Is this true? I just love ASMu and really feel it is the most adult themed of the value resorts, but I'm concerned things might get too rowdy for my parents to enjoy it. We are planning a trip for April, 2006.

I don't know what the official policy is, but I can tell you that when my daughter had a cheerleading competition at Disney's Wide World of Sports a few years ago we were booked into the All Star Sports. It seemed that the Sports was filled with groups then.

Why don't you call and ask CRO what their usual policy is? Maybe they can't guarantee that there will not be any groups at ASM, but they might be able to tell you where they start booking groups first.

Our school chorus has stayed at ASMu the times we have gone. I would request a preferred room in the front. You may still see alot of kids coming and going, but the noise at night shouldn't be bad. I know there was alot of complaints about our building when we were there last month, but it wasn't our kids. We adults took turns sitting outside at night making sure our kids were in their rooms and quiet. Disney security told us many times how they wished all school groups were monitored as ours was! I'd avoid Broadway, Country Fair and Rock Inn for sure.

Last 2 yrs, my daughter was as ASsp w high school softball. DH and I stayed w her. The place was crawling w adolescents. Some of the behavior was obnoxious. The place was VERY VERY NOISY. DH and I snuck away to the Dolphin for a few of the nights. DD is in college now so we never have to go back. Don't flame me, I'm gettin old. I like the comfort of a mod/deluxe. I couldn't wait to sit in a comfy chair again. We resort hopped just to visit comfy lobbys, oh and try a few cocktails. :drinking1 :goodvibes
Sooo, if you need quiet, or your seniors need comfort, maybe a sound machine ( I always bring mine) would be a good idea. BTW the girls had a fabulous time. All the adolescents had a ball. We were in the baseball area, near a pool. The room was quit dirty. I had to clean every drawer of crumbs, mold on the tile in the bathroom and lots of mold in the soap dispenser. Bring your own soap and shampoo. If I said too much I'm sorry, but I am a bit of a pest w cleanliness. ;)

I don't think they book ALL the big groups into the All-Stars, but they certainly do book SOME groups into the All-Stars.

I've seen far more sports/cheerleading teams at All-Star Sports and Pop Century than at All-Star Music. In my trips to Music it has always been pretty quiet and uncrowded. Music is my favorite of the Value resorts because it's so peaceful, especially in the Braodway section, which is one of the farthest from Melody Hall.

A few years ago while staying at AS Sports there was a high school group there also. We never had a problem with the way they conducted themselves, but at that age they will be noisey. Our room overlooked the back swiming pool (shaped like a baseball diamond) which was open until midnight. I would stay away from any room near the pools, since we had a hard time falling asleep until the pool closed. Kids will be kids, and I did those same things when I was their age, you just need to know the best room choices. Call the hotel and ask if any teenage groups will be staying at the hotel while you're there, and ask to be as far away as possible.

Chris

Does anybody know if there is a list posted somewhere, that has the dates of these sporting outings?

DS high school track meet in 2003 was booked into CBR, 2004 was booked into ASSports but due to an error and the all stars being totally full with many teams they were bumped to CSR. He said maybe one or two other teams were with there too. We stayed in ASMu with cheerleader competition one May, and they were SO loud into the wee hours and food court unmanageable. Just there in Jan in ASMo and nothing BUT school had just gone back so I doubt any trips. DD middle school trip was in Feb to EPCOT and they stayed at ASMo..............but with that age they hire private security.

You can go to the WWSports section and at least see what special events they have going on. It stays pretty active all year. Chances are those student groups are heading to the All Stars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter