All-Star Sports on Priceline for $36?

I admit I was a chicken... I finally bit the bullet for one night. I figured that if worse came to worse it was just a fairly inexpensive lesson.

BabyFu it is a name your own price and there is a BIG risk you will get something else. I have posted the results of the bids reported so far. I think we have 6 Disney Wins and 3 Holiday Inn wins all at the $36 rate.....

expedia is showing ASSp, ASMu and Pop as available for my travel dates....as it stands I have been thinking of switching from AKL to a value to save $$ and since I booked the std view at AKL and they are booked so I can't upgrade. But if you go through priceline, do you have an actual Disney conf #?

Do you have to give them CC info before you see which hotel you get? And if you don't get the Disney hotel can you cancel and not lose money?

If not, then I'm not willing to take the risk, because I'd have to book it for my entire 7 night stay and I wouldn't want to be very dissapointed.

BabyFu18 said:
Do you have to give them CC info before you see which hotel you get? And if you don't get the Disney hotel can you cancel and not lose money?

If not, then I'm not willing to take the risk, because I'd have to book it for my entire 7 night stay and I wouldn't want to be very dissapointed.

Yes and your CC is charged for your entire stay before you're even told what hotel you're staying at. No changes or cancellations are allowed. The Holiday Inn clearly meets the 3* criteria so you don't have any grounds to complain.

It might be a nice surprise to a customer that thought they'd be getting the Holiday Inn but it's very dangerous to bid if you only want a Disney hotel.

you have to give the cc before seeing what hotel you get and there is a no cancellation policy.

if you win the one night and they offer you to extend you see the hotel first though right?

Ok so after reading these posts I am debating whether or not to take the risk.

We are scheduled to stay at ASMu 9/28-10/2, I would love to take the chance to bid on any value to arrive a day earlier (9/27).

I know I am taking a risk and may not get a Disney hotel, let alone the ASMu, but for 36.00 a night, I would take a late flight out after work a day earlier and the room will really only be used to sleep in, but then when I wake up I will already be at DW instead of on an airplane out of NYC :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I guess I have 2 questions...

If by some lucky chance I get ASMu, can disney take over my ressie so I do not have to check in & check out several times as this would be a split ressie???

Can I get Magical Express if I do get the ASMu even if it is thru priceline??

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

If you are NOT going until Sept I would NOT suggest the PL bidding right now. We have seen NOTHING past early June...... I would bet you would get the Holiday Inn. My gut feeling is that these will be LATE releases IF it continues....

I doubt you could combine the reservations.

One of the other winners will have to call about using ME, and even then I suspect it will be one of those he-said/she-said CM-Roulette sorts of things. I could imagine Disney going either way on this.

Also, it will take a few days before you are in the CRO system. Having used PL in the past it's not a book now and instant transfer. So when you call in five minutes and you aren't there DO NOT PANIC!!!!!

Now, if getting the Holiday Inn or ANY of the MULTIPLE other 2.5* options will ruin your vacation this is NOT the way to go. I would NEVER EVER recommend PL if you can't live with any outcome. In my case for one night there were very few on the list I was really worried about and reading www.biddingfortravel.com I didn't see evidence that they had come up recently. You are however bidding HIGH for a 2.5 star in that area and one of them could "grab" you. (I have not a clue how the PL technology works!)

Originally posted by CarolA
If you are NOT going until Sept I would NOT suggest the PL bidding right now. We have seen NOTHING past early June...... I would bet you would get the Holiday Inn. My gut feeling is that these will be LATE releases IF it continues....

Thanks I am going to take your advice and wait!!! I have no idea how this works and I guess waiting is the best way to go. I already have my ressie's so I am not going to push my luck!!!

Originally posted by Brian Noble
I doubt you could combine the reservations.

One of the other winners will have to call about using ME, and even then I suspect it will be one of those he-said/she-said CM-Roulette sorts of things. I could imagine Disney going either way on this

Thanks for the replies, I am definitely not willing to take the chance!!

I just called down to Disney to see if they would match the price. They would not do it. The lady did mention that Disney did release a block of rooms to Priceline for May and that if you can get it your getting a great price. Why they would not release it to the AP holders or FL residents I have no idea.

well I am out $43!! I chose DW Vicinity 2 1/2stars, $36 and got the Nikki thing on 5/16. Oh well, I figured it was worth a shot! So what happens now....since I paid it doesn't matter if I check in or not right? I have no plans to actually stay there.

AP holders and FL residents have rate releases for May.. Its after May that there are no releases...

Miwings said:
I just called down to Disney to see if they would match the price. They would not do it. The lady did mention that Disney did release a block of rooms to Priceline for May and that if you can get it your getting a great price. Why they would not release it to the AP holders or FL residents I have no idea.

there are already value resorts with AP and FL rates for May, just not that low.

Well, I really blew it big time, I had tried for the first day of my stay which was a Saturday and got Nikki Bird.

I thought I would try again for mid-week, with plans to extend for most of the rest of my dates, well lo and behold I got All-Star Sports, then tried to extend, but it would only let me extend one night, so now I have two nights at Sports, but the rest of our reservation is at MUSIC.

There is no way, I can talk my family into moving mid-stay, then moving back!! I also tried moving the rest of my ressie over to Sports and no availablity for the last three nights.

Anybody want two nights at All-Star Sports, (May 23rd and May 24th) I'll be happy to add you to the room? PM me. (If this violates any rules, please delete)

Keep calling Disney back up until the night prior to your travel to see if there is a vacancy at Sports. Chances are that there will be.

Good Luck pixiedust:

MILEMRKR63 said:
Its true. I bid and won All Sar Music, 2 rooms from 5/31-6/7 36.00 a night for a total of 588.00. I did this last night after reading the post regarding Priceline winnings.

I called Priceline after winning and the man said "You saved 63% off the rate"

I priced it on the WDW website and it was 784.00 for one room and i got 2 rooms for 588.00.

I am very pleased to say the least.

I'm trying to figure out how to do this and I'm not having any luck! Can you please give more info on this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter