• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Sports for Older Adults?

allboyzz

Mouseketeer
My inlaws are thinking about meeting us down at Disney for a couple of days. They are trying to find an inexpensive hotel. We are staying at POR but I know they won't want to pay that much. I called and All Star Sports has availability. Do you think that it would be "okay" for older adults with no kids (they are both in their 60's)? The only place we have stayed before was Shades of Green so I don't know about the other resorts.

If your in-laws are just looking for simple accommodation, without too many perks, then I think they'd be fine staying at Sports for a couple of days.

I stayed there last April and can report that the rooms were very basic, but were clean, which is pretty much all I ask for. They'll either have two double beds, or one kingsize if there's any available.

If they need to be more central, by this, I mean shorter walking distances, then they could ask for building 10 in Touchdown, which is pretty central to all that there's to offer.

The foodcourt serves simple meals, but I did find I enjoyed the breakfast options quite a lot, there's always plenty choice.

Anything else, please ask, and I'll try help if possible :thumbsup2

If your in-laws are just looking for simple accommodation, without too many perks, then I think they'd be fine staying at Sports for a couple of days.

I stayed there last April and can report that the rooms were very basic, but were clean, which is pretty much all I ask for. They'll either have two double beds, or one kingsize if there's any available.

If they need to be more central, by this, I mean shorter walking distances, then they could ask for building 10 in Touchdown, which is pretty central to all that there's to offer.

The foodcourt serves simple meals, but I did find I enjoyed the breakfast options quite a lot, there's always plenty choice.

Anything else, please ask, and I'll try help if possible :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the reply. I supplied them with all of the options so they can make an informed decision. I hope they decide to stay inside Disney. Thanks again! :)

All - We've stayed at all 3 All-Stars and saw lots of older folks with or without kids (grandkids). If they want a quiet spot, we stayed in the baseball section and it was relatively quiet as long as you don't directly face the pool. The food court and bus stop can get a little chaotic, but if they go to both at 'off' times, they should be fine.

We are 60+ disney fans and we like Sports. DH likes the fact that it is the first section after you get into the complex, so it is easy for him to get in and out with our rental car. Center Court is in the back and is very quiet...

We went a year ago and my parents both 65+ loved the resort. They really liked the food court, so they could get whatever they wanted. This was the first time they had ever stayed on Property, since they live only an hour away. Being first for the buses was also a plus.

I have stayed there many times with my parents who are in their 60's. It is a simple room, but it is fine if that is all you want. We liked how the buses pick up there first of the all-stars. Riding the bus would bother my dad on the long trips (depending on which park we were going) because the jerking/shaking would bother his back. But that is going to be the case for any resort bus rides. Lots of young sports teams will stay there, but it was never really a problem, just loud in the lobby areas.

Weird as it sounds Pop and Movies is still preferred over Music and Sports. Even though they have completely redone Music and Sports. I love this. Sports always has a short check in line, Its very quiet, as you can see from the following map http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarsportsmap.htm
the lobby is centrally located. Have you considered staying at CSR instead of POR to be closer to them? Probably less than a mile down the road. POR seems to be between DHS and DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter