All Star Sports 6 days no kids Day 1

MichelleTO

Mouseketeer
Just DH and myself this trip, left the 3 young ones at home (lots of guilt!) for our first vacation in 9yrs alone!
Flt BUf to MCO via PIT. Sun Sept 15th. Great no delays and breezed through check in. From Canda so did our customs at the bridge, that was even quick! Arrived to 'Rabbit" aiteing for us and were at the AllStar Sports by 12 noon. Room not ready so we stored our luggage after changing into something cooler(90+++ and humid and sunny yahoo!). Headed via bus to MK. At MK at 1:00. Still as exciting as ever to walk up to the gates. Security check a bit more organized than last year. First Stop the Exposition hall to pick up the AP 100 years of Magic Trivia Challenge. On to Space mountain for a FP. It was a 40 minute wait! Whats this I thought the parks were supposed to be empty. Turns out just bad timing as nothing else really lined up. Made a pitstop for a Gallatic Gobbler (aka giant turkey leg) and our first of many bottles of water. We shared this on our walk to Fronteirland. Getting trivia answers along the way. Wow I had forgotten how hot Florida can be . We have lived through the hottest , driest summer in years and this still takes the cake! Did all the shops at our own pace and even tried things on. What a treat shopping and not having to listen to "can we go now " and having to repeat "don't touch that please". Much less stressfull than I could have ever imagined. Thirsty again so I went to try a doel whip which everyone raves about. Changed my mind whenIi saw it was like soft icecream,I wanted something more slushy/icy as it was a scorcher. Had pineapple juice, very refreshing.
We basically did all the attractions we wanted in all the lands and visitied or skipped anything we wanted. Beat DH at Buzz, haha! Wouldn't listen to my tips about scoring, was he sorry. ! We spent another 45 minutes strolling through shops on Main St. before leaving the park. Our touring style with the kids and on previous trips was very different as we catered to what they could do or would like to do. This time we did the attractions we wanted to or ones that I needed trivia answers from and some which are just old time fav's. I found it very relaxing and had sympathy for all those parents with kids that were getting a bit too tired and hot. Of course I was one of these parents last trip. Any feelings of guilt about leaving the kids behind were fading fast the more we saw parents and kids at the end of their ropes.
We took the Monorail to The poly to have a drink in the Tambu lounge and to tour the resort. As soon as we stepped into the Poly I wished we were staying there! Back over to the Contemporary and to the California Grill for a 8:00pm PS. perfect timing to watch the sunset through the building storm clouds. Great meal. Sushi sampler then the Pork Tenderloin, DH had the Salmon. Great meal and great table with a view of the castle turning colours and then the water parade at the Grand Floridian. Too bad no fireworks.
Now the hard part. How to get back to the Allstars after the parks were all closed. Headed to the TTC via the monorail to catch a bus. No no no, buses don't run from TTC to the Allstars at that time. Downtown Disney is the hub. Even though it is completely in the wrong direction. So onto a bus that stops at WL and then to DD and then onto another bus to the Allstar. We had a great bus driver for one of the many legs of this trip. His name was Mark and he made everyone laugh and quized us on Disney trivia, he also did add some humour to the bizarre route which we all were having to take to get back to different resorts. He even had stuffed animals to give to the kids to play with while they were on board. Finally back at the hotel at midnight and into our room in the Football section. Our non smoking room smelled like stale smoke. We were too tired to bother moving and had a great location so we asked housekepping the next day to do their best to get rid of the smell. To tired to unpack. we'll do that in the morning.

Good for you guys, getting a vacation all alone. :) That comes very rare at my house and my kids are older. Sounds as though you had a great day. :)

Sounds like a great first day! You fit alot in for arriving at noon!

Great trip report Michelle! I am looking forward to many more! S

Sounds like a nice start to your WDW vacation WITHOUT kids! LOL:p

We were in Orlando for the first time 10 years ago with our DS, (who was 12 at the time) and then, for the past 6 years have been going just DH and I and what a difference when you can take your leisurely time and do only the things that interest you and your spouse!! Almost like a "honeymoon"? LOL;)

Can't wait to read more..thanks Michelle.:wave:

We had the same experience with getting back to the ASM from other resorts (where we had dinner) after park closing time. Such a drag! If it could be made a bit easier I'm sure Disney would find that more people would go to the other resorts for meals (and therefore spend more $$)!

Inga

Sounds like a great start. You guys must have a lot of energy to do so much in one day. Can't wait to read more.
SoMoGo

Wow! What a busy start! It must be a treat to be able to tour at your own pace, and do what you want to do (without the kids)!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter