All Star Resorts and busing

gingera

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know which All Star of the 3(Movies, Music, or Sports) has the busing that picks up passengers first in the morning?

We stayed at ASSports in 2005 and I think they were first.

Sports is first in line when you drive by the hotels.

We always stay at Music & many times we have busses that pick up or drop off at just our hotel.

TY for the info..I thought it was Sports....so, now will have to decide whether to use the first pickup which is the Sports x2 rooms or to use the Music suites...decisions, deicsions!!

Sports -> Music -> Movies

However, during busy periods they may each get their own bus.

TY for the info..I thought it was Sports....so, now will have to decide whether to use the first pickup which is the Sports x2 rooms or to use the Music suites...decisions, deicsions!!

Keep in mind that if you want 2 rooms that connect with the inside door, you can request them, but they are not guaranteed. Disney tries to meet any request for connecting rooms, but sometimes they are simply not available. We have been denied connecting rooms once out of the four times we have asked for them. For us, that is a huge selling point of the Family Suites, not having to worry about getting connecting rooms.

When I stayed at ASMovies in October 2010, we shared buses only once and that was midday around 2pm when the buses weren't crowded. Morning and night each All Star resort had their own bus.

Personally, I'd stay at Music-coming back, if you just miss the Music bus, you can jump on either of the others with not too much of a walk at the other end....

the Music suites are great...and an added bonus is that they are in the buildings very close to the lobby/bus stop. With little ones in the morning, it saves you a bit of time each way. We had absolutely no problems with buses at Music, and often did not share with others...

Buses at All Stars was never a problem for us. By the time we had a few sips of coffee and 5 minutes of talking about our plans for the day... the bus was there! We stayed at the "first" pick up (AS Sports) and the "last" pickup (AS Movies). Made no difference.

Many times we had our own bus to/from the resort with no stops at the other AS resorts. And when we did share a bus... it's because there was plenty of room on the bus... and the AS resorts are close together so even when stopping at all three, it didn't add any more than a few minutes (barring a scooter loading).

And do NOT assume that if you "just" missed the bus that it will be a long wait for the next one. I've seen one come right after the other. Sometimes, there were employees there with walkie talkies monitoring the waits... we just missed getting on the bus to Epcot... and he had another one there in just a few minutes.

The longest I've ever waited for a bus at AS resorts was about 15 minutes but usually only 5 or 10.

Now getting back from a park at peak times has been a problem (like right after the MK fireworks are done, right after park closing, etc.... but that's a problem for ALL resorts.

if it's of utmost importance that you have connecting rooms, then go with the suites at Music.

connecting rooms are never 100% guaranteed, even if they say it is.

To me, "shared bus" is a dirty word because it's never been a problem. Even when they share, it's no problem at all.
I cringe every time I read "Allstars share a bus" ... :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter