• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star or Pop

I too was going to start a thread wondering which resort was better. By what I've been reading, most people seem to lean towards POP. I just worry about the noise level, I've heard it can be distracting even at night. :confused3
Anyone know if this is true?

I would assume 80's and 90's are a lot quieter than any of the other resorts. If you are worried about noise, do NOT book a preferred room and request a room far away from the pool and main walk ways. And ask for a room that is NOT connecting.

My first time there, we stayed in preferred on the 4th floor. I don't think there was ever any noise, but we were only there late at night and early morning. Maybe we were the ones making noise! ;) JK! JK! The second time we were on the back side of one of the 50's. Other than the kids next door trying to break down our connecting door, no noise.

:confused3 What was the purpose of stating this? :snooty:

I always wonder that, too, since it shows up every time that long review gets pasted onto a thread. I've seen it several times in the past few days!

As for the question, Pop wins, hands down. Better buses, better food court, better atmosphere, better location. Nicer rooms.

We've stayed at all the Value resorts a bunch of times. We used to love POP but it is way, way too smoky now. There's a cloud of smoke hanging over the outdooor eating area (just outside the food courts) every morning at breakfast, plus tons of people smoking at the pools. It's just plain nasty (to this non-smoker).

If you smoke, stay at POP. Otherwise, stay at an All-stars. There is NO difference in buses (yes, the All Stars may share buses, but the buses may come more frequently). Sports has a smaller food court than Music and Movies but I would recommend choosing an All Stars based on your favorite theming. DH and I aren't big sports fans, so we try to stay at Music or Movies if we can (but for 49 bucks we're staying at Sports next weekend ;) ).

We're staying at Pop again this year. If you're worried about the noise level, try to get a room overlooking the lake. Not as noisy as a room overlooking the pools. Also, we didn't hear the infamous "Turbo Toilets" ever, nor did we hear our neighbors. We did, however, have neighbors who hung their towels over the railing, which didn't bother us, but it did some other resort guests. Plus (Legendary Years notwithstanding) the lake view is lovely. The food court is great - crowded at times, but where in Disney are you NOT going to find crowds?? - and the food is good. We had good luck with the CMs and Mousekeeping was fine. The bus service wasn't too much of an issue, just an odd hit here and there, but whatever...it's basic public transportation so one has to expect an occasional glitch.

We enjoyed Pop. It was our first time at a value and we highly recommend this one, although I do have to say that when we first pulled into the resort all I could think of was "holy crap what did I do" - those icons, etc. were a bit of a shock - but boy were we pleasantly surprised!!! You'll like it there and will definitely want to do a repeat.

We've stayed at ASMO, ASMU and POP. I like the rooms better at ASMU (they were redone recently), especially the beds. However POP has a great atmosphere, theming, nice food court and IMO the best gift shops of all the WDW resorts. Direct buses are nice too.

I will not stay at ASMO again until the rooms are updated. In April we're going to POP!

I would assume 80's and 90's are a lot quieter than any of the other resorts. If you are worried about noise, do NOT book a preferred room and request a room far away from the pool and main walk ways. And ask for a room that is NOT connecting.

My first time there, we stayed in preferred on the 4th floor. I don't think there was ever any noise, but we were only there late at night and early morning. Maybe we were the ones making noise! ;) JK! JK! The second time we were on the back side of one of the 50's. Other than the kids next door trying to break down our connecting door, no noise.

Thanks for the tip! I wanted to book the fourth floor but now I know to ask for a non-connecting room. :) That would mean a corner room right? :upsidedow

I can well afford to stay at any of Disney's resorts...

:confused3 What was the purpose of stating this? :snooty:

I always wonder that, too, since it shows up every time that long review gets pasted onto a thread. I've seen it several times in the past few days!

Don't worry about people like that guys, though she was being very helpful with all the information she gave, some of us just feel the need to boast. :confused3
I live in Naples, FL (The Snowbird Capital of the world) and I have to DEAL with people like that all the time. :snooty: But only cause my job requires me to do so. :laughing:

I was a little disappointed the last time I went to WDW because the only Values that were available was ASMu and I always stay at Pop.
But I was very much impressed when I opened the door to my newly refurbished room. It was very nice!! Also, I did not have any issues with the busses, except for one night (and I went during the holiday season) when ALL the bus stops were packed!! So a friend and I split the cost of a cab to get from MGM to Epcot ($12.00 w/tip) and when we went back to the hotel from there the busses were fine.

I too was going to start a thread wondering which resort was better. By what I've been reading, most people seem to lean towards POP. I just worry about the noise level, I've heard it can be distracting even at night. :confused3
Anyone know if this is true?

I stay at the values quite often and have never had an issue with noise.

The noise issues at the values sometimes happen because :

1. The main pool is located very close to some of the value rooms.

The themed pools at the mods and deluxes are set away from the rooms.

Tip: Ask for a room facing away or located a ways from the main pool.

2. Turbo toilets

The Values and the newer Disney Resorts,(ie: AKL, SSR ) have the turbo toilets.

Tip: Close your bathroom door at night because noise travels through the plumbing.

3. Connecting rooms

About 50% of the value rooms have connecting doors.

Noise will travel under the connecting doors in a room.

Tip: If you have noisy neighbors open your connecting door and place a rolled up bath towel on the floor between then close and lock your connecting door.

These tips should help you get a restful sleep wherever you choose to stay.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

Sorry, that quote was part of a post when I replied to a thread that was berating value resorts and those who stay there.

I stay at the values quite often and have never had an issue with noise.

The noise issues at the values sometimes happen because :

1. The main pool is located very close to some of the value rooms.

The themed pools at the mods and deluxes are set away from the rooms.

Tip: Ask for a room facing away or located a ways from the main pool.

2. Turbo toilets

The Values and the newer Disney Resorts,(ie: AKL, SSR ) have the turbo toilets.

Tip: Close your bathroom door at night because noise travels through the plumbing.

3. Connecting rooms

About 50% of the value rooms have connecting doors.

Noise will travel under the connecting doors in a room.

Tip: If you have noisy neighbors open your connecting door and place a rolled up bath towel on the floor between then close and lock your connecting door.

These tips should help you get a restful sleep wherever you choose to stay.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

Thanks for all the tips. You sure know you Disney resorts. :goodvibes

BTW, sorry about the boasting comment. :flower3: When you read your old post in this thread, it can sound pretty bad to some people. I'm glad to hear you we're defending the value resort guests. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the tips. You sure know you Disney resorts. :goodvibes

BTW, sorry about the boasting comment. :flower3: When you read your old post in this thread, it can sound pretty bad to some people. I'm glad to hear you we're defending the value resort guests. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the kind words. You are correct out of context it did sound pretty bad.

Have fun at Disney! :wizard:

We have stayed at all star movies twice, and pop once.....WE LOVE POP. The only thing that movies had that POP didn't was the over sized Buzz and Woody...this was a big thing to my buzz wanabe. Everything was so much better at POP. The not sharing buses is one of the biggest perks for me, with the all stars sharing buses, if you don't stay at the first in line then don't ever plan on sitting down.....It also seemed like we waited twice as long for the buses at asm. Our biggest reason for changing was the decline in service that we saw between our two stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter