• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Music verses Pop Century

maeslife

Earning My Ears
We are taking 3 teenage boys to WDW. I am trying to decide between All Star Music and Pop Century. We will have two rooms...all the boys in one and DH and I in the other. Which would be best for teenage boys and why? They are all 15 and up. This is for my oldest son's senior year and I want it to be very special. Thank you!

What interests you in these two over Sports and Movies?

I would assume you don't plan on spending a ton of time at the resort, the All Star Sports Theming your boys may enjoy the most.

I have stayed at both in the past two years...and found them very similar.

All Star Music
We stayed at the Family Suites and found the extra bathroom nice to have (not sure if you are planning on a suite)
PROS
Pool activities were awesome!
Very clean
Very quiet
Very convenient to Blizzard Beach and especially Animal Kingdom
Food Court was good

Cons
Only one...seemed a bit far to MK on the bus Epcot and DS werent too bad.

Pop
Stayed most recently
PROS
Very convenient location to all parks
Very clean
Good food court

CONS
Noisier
No pool activities when we were there (but I am told there are some now)
Bus wait times at night seemed longer

I think you will be happy either way, hey you're in Disney World!

If you are planning on having connecting rooms, the Music resort is a poor choice. Many of their connecting rooms were converted into the suites, so they have fewer of them to give out. And if all of your kids are under 18, you have to have connecting rooms. If not, you and your hubby will have to sleep separately, which is probably not your idea of a great vacation. Disney insists an adult has to be in each room, unless that room connects to another room with an adult in it.

We've stayed at both and prefer Pop. We like the Pop food court much better, and we had far better housekeeping there than at ASMu (which I know can be good or bad at any resort, but for us this is how it worked out). For me, Pop feels newer and the atmosphere was more fun. My kids (13 and 7 when we stayed at Pop, 14 and 8 when we stayed at ASMu) preferred Pop, too.

We've done both and prefer Music. I think it's really just a personal preference. Does your oldest son know that you will be going? If so, ask for his input since the trip is for him.

Just a though cause I am going in June and was debating these two as well and would prefer pop but know that my kids would see AOA across the lake and be heart broken to be unable to go into the pool over there(need aoa room key or so the rumor is anway) as they are not sister resorts So I am planing Music then Mermaid in the fall as we dont need the suite

If any of your sons are musicians, as both of mine are, then they will LOVE ASMu. But I am not a musician and I love it anyway, in fact, staying there in 31 days! However, as far as the "cool factor" I think your sons would like Pop a lot. It is awesome in it's era themes. Either way I hope all of you have a great time!

I have stayed at both when I was younger and Pop Century was my favorite. I don't know if it was the bright colors, the theme, or the "newness" of the resort but it is my favorite value resort by far.

I say go for POP!!! I love the resort. I didnt find it noisy at all. We've stayed there a few times. I love the fact that they have their own bus. Also they definitely do have daily activities by the pool now. ALL DAY LONG! Its a lot of fun, they play music and everything. The games they do are fun. They also have movies nightly by the pool. The arcade at pop is one of the best ones ive seen yet, because they have a prize redemption area. My son loves this! In August he won a real guitar!! he was happy.

The food court is quite good. I love the dessert bar. On the QS plan when i get a meal, instead of choosing a dessert from the market section/freezer icecream bars, I get the cashier to stamp my receipt, from that point i have 1.5 hours to claim my dessert at the dessert bar (sundae, tye dye cheesecake, apple blossom with icecream, etc). I also love the lo mein noodles, the beef/brocoli with rice, and their pasta. Burgers are good too.

If you get a standard room and ask for a building in either 50's or 60's, you will still be very close to the main building without all the pool noise. We were by the playdough can, facing the lake. super close but quiet.

All values are usually the last bus stop....thats just how it is. We're fine with it.

BTW, all resorts now have daily activities by the pool.

My advice is a little late! LOL! But I will leave it incase it helps someone! LOL

I haven't stayed at Music but I have seen it. I walked over to see it incase I ever stayed there on a good discount. I have stayed at All Stars Sports(2) and Pop(1). I didn't have a problem with either & Room is the same in all 4 Value resorts. I didn't have problem with food or buses at either.

Pop is a bigger resort & has a bigger arcade & food court than music. Pop is newer. Pop had three pools instead of two. Pop is pretty located on the lake & with the bridge to AOA. Both Music and Pop had a pretty pool in the middle. Music was surrounded by Palm trees and shakers on the buildings. Pops was a pretty pedal shape with ping pong table table set up that I noticed older kids playing. Looked like a little bigger area.

Sometimes Pop had the longest walk to bus station area when leaving theme park.
I would not want to be in the rooms at Music that overlook parking lot in the very back section between Music and Sports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter