All Star Music Suites vs. AoA Suites

Disneylvr

Always Disney Dreaming!
Anyone stayed in both? Which one did you prefer? The cost just over $300 less for ASM so it has me looking at them too but just by photos I am liking AoA better.

I haven't stayed at both but I did just stay at ASMu in May. I loved the suites at ASMu I think if it was my choice and not the kids I would stay there again in a heartbeat. From the pictures of the suites at AoA here are some things I didn't like compared to ASMu. The kitchen at ASMu is bigger and has lots of space to store snacks and stuff out of the way. The closets at AoA look to me like coat racks in the living area. ASMu has the ones in the sink area. And at AoA there doesn't look to be a desk in the master bedroom like there is at ASMu. I know that shouldn't be that important but my husband liked it since he had to do some work while we were there. I guess you could say that AoA has the bigger table that converts to a bed that you could use if needed but my husband would go in the bedroom and do what he needed while we were getting ready to go to dinner or after the kids went to bed. I know you wanted someone that has stayed at both so hopefully someone else will chime in.

I do think the pools in the Nemo section and Cars section at AoA looks awesome. That and the food court I would have to probably give to AoA even though I haven't been there.

We stayed at aoa in june and there were many pros and cons. We havent stayed at asm but we will in february! At aoa, there werent many food choices that suited us. We are chix nugget and burger people, and because food like that wasnt offered we ended up eating at pop or the parks. And buses were HORRID. We waited in lines for 45-1 hour easy every time for every park. The hotel itself was awesome! The theming and activities were always fun and bright. We stayed in nemo ans cars but prefered nemo. The rooms sleep 4 comfortably but my oldest dd slept on a blow up the whole trip pressed up against the kitchen area. She didnt complain but i thought it looked uncomfortable. All in all the staff was perfect the rooms were amazing but the food and transportation will probably stop us from staying there again. Hope this helped!!!!!!:)

Thanks for all the info! Another question...how far is the walk from the main building at AoA to the same at POP? I am thinking our very picky DD might prefer the food court there.

Thanks for all the info! Another question...how far is the walk from the main building at AoA to the same at POP? I am thinking our very picky DD might prefer the food court there.

It should be a 5 minute walk at the most. The resorts are really close to each other.

Regarding the bus review above, I did not experience anything close to what the PP experienced. Of course, buses at any resort between June and early August will be awful. However if you go anytime the kids are supposed to be in school, then buses should not be an issue. AoA suites are better in my opinion as I've stayed in both. From now on AoA will be our Value resort of choice.

The AoA offers more immersive theming than All Stars, and it has Pop within a short walk, yet ASMu Suites do have a few things to consider, which might make them your first choice.

ASMu suites are in the preferred section of the resort. None of the suites are in the far reaches of the resort. Some of the suites at AoA are a longer walk, and as of now proximity to the main building is only a request.

ASMu Suites have four beds, Queen, Full pull out, Twin pull out, and slightly less than twin pull out. This can be useful if you have people who prefer not to share a bed. AoA has three beds, Queen, Full pull out, Full Murphy bed which is also the table.

While each room can legally hold six people, plus infant, the sleeping arrangements are different.

The $300 differrence could get you cabs back and forth to the parks avoiding a long line for a bus every day of your trip and still have enough money for other fun perks!

I think the theming at AoA looks cuter, but I am glad we stayed at ASMu for the four-bed setup, plus the larger kitchen. It was tailor-made for our family. If it was that big of a price difference, I would decide how much time I was planning to spend at the resort admiring the theming.

PHXscuba

How about the comfort of the beds? Would an adult be comfortable on the pullout beds or Murphy bed?

Mrs Grumpy said:
Are you changing your resort again :upsidedow

Lol! Well it depends on Disney releasing discounts for either May or September. We currently have a LM room booked at AoA but would love a suite! DH snores and would love the extra room to retreat to and that is where DD would sleep too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter