All Star Music family suite

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
We are planning a November or December 2012 stay. I originally planned to get two rooms but my mom wants us all to stay together so she can spend more time with the baby (he will be one when we go).

Please tell me the good and bad of the resort and suite. We will be avoiding pop Warner week, and going before or after.

Have the discounts been applied there recently?

I looked into a 1 bedroom DVC rental but the family suite was less expensive.

Thanks. :)

We haven't stayed in one of the suites yet but we have one booked for our trip in June. We did get a discount on it.

We chose the suite instead of 2 rooms because we don't want to risk not getting connecting rooms. Disney won't guarantee the 2 rooms will be together - that's a request only. And several people have posted on here that they did not get their request for the 2 rooms to be together. Some even said that they were on opposite ends of the resort. With the suite, we won't have to worry about that. We also like that the suites have a space for the food we bring from home and a microwave. And that there is real living room furniture - we get tired of nowhere to sit except on the bed. I would also think that the extra floorspace you get in the living room area (cause there are no regular beds) would be a plus for someone who has to bring along the usual baby gear for a one year old.

As for the bad, I've read comments that the suites at Music are getting worn-looking and in need of a refurb. And some people have expressed concern that the pullout beds might not be as comfy as a "real" bed. Since we drive down, we're addressing that issue by taking air mattresses for the kids. If the pullouts aren't usable, we'll inflate the air mattresses and use those instead. Sounds crazy maybe but the ones we have are raised and the kids say they're comfy. I'd rather have to do that than deal with our rooms being far apart.

Thanks. I am hoping of course to get a discount applied but the cost is okay without one. I know it may not happen, but it would be nice. :thumbsup2

The no guarantee of connecting rooms is exactly why we have to do the suite, although I also like having the kitchen and sitting area. We might have done two mod rooms if we could definitely count on the connecting door or at least next to each other.

How are the buses at AS music? We've never stayed at a value resort before, I'm hoping the bus service is still as good as always.

It's been a long time since we last stayed at the All Stars (we've stayed at Music and Movies), but the bus service was fine. From all reports that I've read recently, it's still good. The three All Stars will sometimes share buses so you may experience having to stop at Movies or Sports on your way to and from the parks. But that seems to only happen during non-peak times of day. At opening and closing they usually run seperate buses for each of the All Stars due to the larger numbers of people traveling at those times.

For what it's worth, we've had more issues with bus service when staying at a moderate or deluxe than when we've stayed at a value resort. The only issue I can recall when staying at a value was getting a bus to DTD. It took forever for a DTD bus to come along and then it made other stops on the way there. But that has been my experience with DTD buses no matter which resort we were staying in.

We were upgraded to a Family Suite in Feb 2009 from ASMo, due to the Cheerleading Competitions.

I know its been 3 years, but we loved the suite. It was DH, Myself, DStepD 13 and DD 5 at the time. The suites are 2 normal ones knocked into 1, with 1 having a separate bedroom, kitchen area and bathroom and the other being the living area and second bathroom. There was a pull out 2 seater couch, pull out chair and pull out foot stool.

There was room (just) in the bedroom for a pack'n'play. We enjoyed having 2 bathrooms (especially with a teenager) and the privacy of our own bedroom. Yes it is a bit of pain having to pull out the beds everynight, but the extra space you get being able to collapse them everyday was great. There are also 2 tv's and 2 sets of drawers and hanging spaces.

The kitchen had a fridge and microwave, so saved the expense of booking a fridge.

We loved ASMusic, found it very clean and didnt really have any problems with the bus service.

Very nice! Plenty of room, two bathrooms, nice kitchenette. One of the hidden treasures at Disney. It gives you a nice place to hang out when you're not sleeping, which is great if you have little ones.

We stayed there in Jan. 09 and are going back in 10 days. We're looking forward to it. We prefer DVC 1 bedroom villas, but they are SO MUCH more expensive that we switch it around.

We loved it. It has been a few years but my little one was 18 mths. Its was great to have the bedroom that we could shut the door to for nap times. We used the resort pack n play and it was great. I did bring my own sheets and bedding that my DD was used to sleeping with. My kids were small and they thought the pull outs were comfy...not sure what it will be like for an adult to sleep on. The microwave and fridge were a must with a little one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter