All Star Music Family Suite vs. Art of Animation Suite

lonestarTX

Earning My Ears
So, I realize AOA isn't open yet BUT I need to book my June 2012 trip soon. Wondering if it's worth going with the new but unknown at AOA or should I book at ASMu where they don't have as many suites, so I can guaranted I get one?...and ASMu at least has a "history" I can read about on these boards.

If I book AOA now, then bad reviews start coming out in May(?) when open, I think it'll be too late to switch to ASMu to guarantee the suite. I almost feel it'll be safer the other way around, but either way, I can run into them being booked up.

Thoughts? Opinions?

HELP! :confused3

i would go with AoA. I always like to try new things though.:goodvibesI want to take my youngest this fall and looked into AoA, but there are only suites available, and I won't need one this trip because it will only be the two of us. There may be some kinks at AoA, but Disney is used to opening new resorts, so I'm sure your stay would be great!

Go for AoA- how often do you have the chance to be one of the first to try a NEW Disney resort? :thumbsup2

Also, the themeing at AoA will be beloved Disney characters instead of the more generic themeing at ASMu. We stayed at the Pop just after it opened and it was so exciting to stay at a brand new resort and the kids still remember that they were one of the first families to stay there. I would definitely go AoA!

I don't like the compartmentalization of the AoA suites. It looks like 3 rooms, which is great for sleeping separation, but gives you a much smaller living room and dining room, rather than one large great room.

Plus there will be a double sleeper sofa and a double dining table sleeper, vs. the separate chair, ottoman and sofa. That will guarantee sharing if you have more than 2. At ASMu, you'll only have to share with 4.

Also, $50 a night more is a LOT for a week's vacation.

On the other hand, could be a cool place to stay for the theming, lots of pools and hopefully multiple food courts!

We're booked at AoA for June 2012, and couldn't be more excited. Looks like it will fit our family perfectly.

Personally, I would book a family suite at ASMu. I have not been to ASmu but have been to Asmo (had connecting rooms) and enjoyed it very much. I have read many positive things about Asmu and particularly the Family Suites.

I prefer the layout of the ASmu suites. I also like the fact that my three kids wouldn't have to share beds as they don't like having to do that. Perhaps that is not an issue for you.

Another point in favor of ASmu is that is smaller, and probably quieter.

A real deciding factor for me is the much higher price of the AoA suites. I find this disappointing as we have a budget to keep.

The theming of the new resort looks exciting and I'm sure it will be a very fun place. A brand new resort is always nice in that everything is clean and fresh.

I guess it really all depends on your family. If you wish to get an ASmu suite though, I would reserve it soon as they book up fast.

One way to look at it is to book ASMu since AoA "should" have availability and wait for reviews to come out, switch later if you decide.

BUT - I think there's enough info out there for you to make an informed decision. It depends on how your family uses the room and pool, in my opinion. If the pool is really important, while Music's was nice I'm guessing AoA's will be pretty sweet. With the room, the makeup of your family and sleeping arrangements makes a difference. Check out the actual floorplans and where everyone will sleep and if that table-turns-into-a-bed will more of a headache than it is worth. We are going toAoA for part of our trip in Nov 2012 but if both resorts were equal in terms of other facilities and theming I'd probably prefer Music's floorplan.

Well, I bit the bullet and booked at AoA!!! :cool1: Fingers crossed now that good reviews come out in May! Now we actually have reservations to surprise the kids w/ for Christmas! :cheer2:

I don't like the compartmentalization of the AoA suites. It looks like 3 rooms, which is great for sleeping separation, but gives you a much smaller living room and dining room, rather than one large great room.

Plus there will be a double sleeper sofa and a double dining table sleeper, vs. the separate chair, ottoman and sofa. That will guarantee sharing if you have more than 2. At ASMu, you'll only have to share with 4.

Also, $50 a night more is a LOT for a week's vacation.

On the other hand, could be a cool place to stay for the theming, lots of pools and hopefully multiple food courts!

Sorry, I have been away for a while.. So, the AOA resort is $50/night more than ASMU suites? That is quite a lot. I thought that they were supposed to be a similar product. Are these going to be considered a moderate or a value? I can't imagine paying that much for a "value" resort. Are there plans for a pool slide? More extensive restaurant offerings? Something to justify the extra expense?

For my family of 5, as exciting as AoA looks I think the sleeping arrangements make ASMu the better choice.

At ASMu there are 3 separate beds in the living space so none of my kids would have to share, and all three are in the living area so they can put on a movie or watch the Disney bedtime story at bedtime. I don't let them have TVs in their rooms so falling asleep in front of the TV is a vacation & sleepover treat that they look forward to.

At AoA, the girls would have to share a bed because there are only two doubles in the living space rather than a double and two twins, and one of those beds is in the kitchen area and doesn't look like it'll have a view of the TV so I'm sure the kids will squabble over who gets the "good" bed.

The other issue I have is with the pricing - the rack rates for AoA suites are closer to that of the Ft Wilderness cabins than the ASMu suites, and I just can't see spending that for a value-level resort. Perhaps as it opens we'll see some unique amenities that will change my mind, but at this point if I'm going to spend $50 more than an ASMu suite I'll spend a few more and book two moderate rooms or a Ft Wilderness cabin to have a pool slide for the kids.

Sorry, I have been away for a while.. So, the AOA resort is $50/night more than ASMU suites? That is quite a lot. I thought that they were supposed to be a similar product. Are these going to be considered a moderate or a value? I can't imagine paying that much for a "value" resort. Are there plans for a pool slide? More extensive restaurant offerings? Something to justify the extra expense?

Yes, the AOA suites are going to be $50 more per night than the AS Music family suites even though the resort is also in the value resort category. I think that this may be due to the fact that it is a newer, more heavily themed resort. They are also supposed to have a really nice sprayground and pool area (no water slide though) and the food court/gift shop layout is supposed to be similar to Pop Century's. Another poster mentioned that the layout of the sleeping areas in the AOA suites is going to be different than the AS Music suites which is also something to take into consideration. Even though the suites at both resorts accommodate six people, we really like how in the AS Music family suite there are two single/twin size pull out beds in addition to the full size pull out sofa bed in the living room area. This allowed our two oldest kids to have their own beds instead of having to share a bed. At AOA, there is going to be a full size murphy bed and a full size pull out sofa bed in the living room area. We really liked the AS Music family suite and thought the resort was nicely themed, clean, easy to get around, and it also seemed to be a rather quiet and low key resort even with the daily festivities and movies by the pool. I think AOA is going to be really popular since it is a new, heavily themed resort;and it also looks like it is going to be a very large resort. I am really interested in what the reviews and viewpoints about this resort are going to be like once it is open for awhile.

I would book Art of Animation over the AsMu suites, mainly because they are brand new. The AsMu suites are in need of a refurb as many of the rooms are looking a bit worn.

In either of these suites (AoA or All Stars), is there an actual door between the bedroom and the other beds? In the photos I saw, it just looked like a separated room area without a door.

In either of these suites (AoA or All Stars), is there an actual door between the bedroom and the other beds? In the photos I saw, it just looked like a separated room area without a door.

There is a door separating the master bedroom from the room with the murphy bed and the living room with the sleeper sofa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter