All Star Movies - - which building

GAkitkat

Earning My Ears
My 4 year old daughter and I are going to WDW Oct 17 - 25th. We have reservations at All Star Movies preferred. I believe preferred means we would stay at Fantasia. I want a building close to the bus stop. Is it worth the extra money for preferred or am I better off trying to get Toy Story or Dalmations with a fax request? If so, can I even get out of a preferred room at this point?

If Fantasia is a good choice, any room number recommendations?

Thanks!
Kathy

We stayed in the Fantasia building #8 I believe. The one with the toy soldiers. The location was excellent. We were pool side and very close to the main building. We like to stay on the first floor so we don't have to use the stairs or the elevator. However, the Toy Story buildings are a little closer to the bus, if I remember right. When we stayed there, the Toy Story buildings weren't even open yet. Either or, both are great locations. Have fun!! :earsgirl:

I find all three equally as close....but be warned, before you change that ressie, try to make a new one first. What I'm hearing is that the resorts are at capacity during your timeframe (which is similar to mine 10/23-11/1). You might be lucky to have your reservation at this point and may be glad you got it when you did, especially the Movies, which is the first to fill up.

I would not spend the extra money for Fantasia and request a room in the Toy Story area. These buildings are located just to the side of the main building & foodcourt and is not considered a "preferred" building. We stayed in Buzz back in 2001 and found it a very quick walk to the pool, foodcourt, bus stop, etc. :jester: :smooth:

I just got back and stayed in the woody buliding first floor room 9708 GREAT location to everything. Fantasia is right in front of the pool so it may get loud. I would stay at a toy story building and save the $10 a day. We were about 2 minute walk from everything. I called 4 days before I left to make my toy story request. I will be requesting that room allways.

I Feel the Toy Story Buildings are the best location. If you have a car the parking lot is right out your door and it is quiet. Having a first floor room is really convenient too.

Thanks for all the info! I'm going to see if I can remove the "preferred" from my reservation. If I do that I guess I'm taking the chance of not getting the Toy Story building and ending up further out. Hmmmmm
Kathy

We stayed 9 nts , got home 8/23. We stayed inthe Dalmation Bldg. It was great. WE had the one right next to Fantasia with the brooms. I thought honestly that our bldg was CLOSER to the pool and food court... We walked all around and really it is a short walk no matter what bldg you stay. Its a cute place. We had a great time . I would check first before removing your preferred room, but i think you will be fine in any bldg you get. Hope you have a GREAT time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter