All Star Movies...what is in walking distance

kiwi2013

Mouseketeer
Looking to stay at All Star Movies next trip and other than the other two All Star resorts what is in walking distance(for example: restaurants, convenience stores, etc.)

Pretty much nothing that I remember. You could walk to McDonalds if you really wanted to, I guess. There might also be a convenience store near the McD's, I forget.

Pretty much nothing that I remember. You could walk to McDonalds if you really wanted to, I guess. There might also be a convenience store near the McD's, I forget.

Thanks....I like to walk and explore and was hoping other than the resorts there might be something lol :goodvibes

Thanks....I like to walk and explore and was hoping other than the resorts there might be something lol :goodvibes

Not really a "walk and explore" type area. There is a MCdonalds (Disney prices) that you could walk to. That is it. If you really want to walk and explore-you can take a bus to DTD and head up Hotel Plaza. At the end of HTP cross 535 and there is a shopping area with places to eat and a couple of shops.

The value resorts aren't really close enough to anything to walk. The only resorts that can be walked to are POP to AoA or vice versa.

Just to add to what others have already said, even if there was something close enough to walk to there are no sidewalks or paths. Disney security will pick you up if they see you walking in the road or in the grass next to the road.

I had fun exploring the other resorts when we stayed at All Star Music in June.

Other than doing that, there wasn't any other places to explore in the area - no sidewalks.

When I finished checking out the other resorts and getting the pressed pennies at them, I took the bus to DTD and explored there.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply....your help is greatly appreciated

Actually from the the All Stars there is a sidewalk that goes all the way to Coronado Springs and back...you would pass McDonald's and Blizzard Beach/Winterland Summerland and then down to Coronado Springs. It is a bit of a walk but there are wide sidewalks and cross walks at the All Stars exit to McDonald's area as well as the Coronado Springs area. I see runners and sometimes conventioners taking the walk often.

Liz

Actually from the the All Stars there is a sidewalk that goes all the way to Coronado Springs and back...you would pass McDonald's and Blizzard Beach/Winterland Summerland and then down to Coronado Springs. It is a bit of a walk but there are wide sidewalks and cross walks at the All Stars exit to McDonald's area as well as the Coronado Springs area. I see runners and sometimes conventioners taking the walk often.

Liz

walking is not an issue as we can walk with no place in mind for hours..lol....its the exploring and taking in new sights that DD loves

If there is sidewalk access to McDonalds do you have to check in/out with the Disney security booth as you pass it by??

Liz

Thanks for the correction. It's been quite a while since our last stay at any of the All Stars and I do not remember that.

walking is not an issue as we can walk with no place in mind for hours..lol....its the exploring and taking in new sights that DD loves If there is sidewalk access to McDonalds do you have to check in/out with the Disney security booth as you pass it by??

No you do not have to check in or out. There is a sidewalk and you just walk past. This is the same way many CMs come and go from their parking to their resort locations.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter