Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I will be staying here with a friend in October. I looked back a few pages, but the thread it soo big...

Is there wi-fi in the rooms now or is it still cable? And is it free? I am going to have to do some work while at Disney.. ugh...

I will be staying here with a friend in October. I looked back a few pages, but the thread it soo big...

Is there wi-fi in the rooms now or is it still cable? And is it free? I am going to have to do some work while at Disney.. ugh...

Yes, free wi-fi in all the rooms now. BUT....we did experience what I had read about from others---there are so many people using the wi-fi during the evening hours it affects your usage. We did not have any problems in the mornings or afternoons.

I stayed at ASMo the first week of December. The chicken quesadillas were SO TASTY that twice I opted not to eat at the park in order to order quesadillas when I got back to the resort. Man, were they good! The portions were huge and the scoops of sour cream, guacamole, and salsa were generous. I eat Tex-Mex weekly, so I would say I am pretty picky when it comes to quesadillas. I opted to substitute french fries for my side so I can't speak to the quality of the beans/rice (I think) that normally accompany it.

I just wanted to throw that out there in case someone is wondering about a good meal to order at the food court.

Yes, free wi-fi in all the rooms now. BUT....we did experience what I had read about from others---there are so many people using the wi-fi during the evening hours it affects your usage. We did not have any problems in the mornings or afternoons.

Thank you! I would be using it in the morning before hitting the parks or during our "nap break" mid afternoon :)

We were hoping for the Music end of Mighty Ducks when we were there, but ended up in Love Bug on the courtyard, right next to the big half of Herbie that sticks out of the bldg. The location was great, really close to Fantasia and therefor both the pool and the food court/buses. We were really pleased.
We did not have any problem with the wifi at night, and it seemed pretty busy, but we weren't trying to download or anything, just check email/fb.
My only complaint was buses, and even that wasn't horrible. A couple of times buses were standing room only and that stunk...always on the way back to the resort, not on the way to the parks. People were usually generous so I could sit down with my 4 year old. do prefer the buses at Pop.
Buses from DTD were the worst, but that seemed to be universal.

I always say the absolute WORST bus experience we had was at the Contemporary resort, where we had had breakfast and were trying to get to DTD. Longest wait for a bus ever, and this was during slow season. So it's definitely NOT only at values.

Bus problems are definitely not only at values.. I stayed at POR last year and waited over an hour for a bus to Epcot and this was BEFORE the park opened.

In fact, of all my stays POR, AKL,and GF, ASMu was the best bus experience.

Thanks to all on this thread who have answered my ASMo questions....I just got off the phone with Disney,my magic bands are now correctly linked and ready to be customized,my resort requests are on file and my reservation has been confirmed.....now let the planning and countdown to September begin!!!! :woohoo:

Hiya All

Andy here from the Uk quite new to the boards as you can see, and I know there has been a lot of talk about Fridges in the past from what ive picked up. But just wondered if anyone knew without me going through all the 180 pages of posts if they have all been replaced in the Movies resort.

Im there for the first time in end of September

Cheers in Advance

Andy

Hiya All

Andy here from the Uk quite new to the boards as you can see, and I know there has been a lot of talk about Fridges in the past from what ive picked up. But just wondered if anyone knew without me going through all the 180 pages of posts if they have all been replaced in the Movies resort.

Cheers in Advance

Andy

I wonder about fridges too, going in 6 weeks

If you was going to movies for the first time and is getting a standard room, ground level and is in a scooter What building would you request? I would like to be in a quite area.

Are there connecting rooms at ASMo and if so what section are they in.....planning on having my parents join us,want to give them their privacy,but also want to be able to check on them as well due to their health.

Are there connecting rooms at ASMo and if so what section are they in.....planning on having my parents join us,want to give them their privacy,but also want to be able to check on them as well due to their health.

There are connecting rooms spread all over each of the Value Resorts. Make sure it is your number one request, (add it to your ressie at the time you make it!) and you can even mention WHY, and ask them to note it on your reservation. They try very hard to accommodate these requests.

We just booked our second trip to Disney for June of this year. My first time was our honeymoon last September, and we stayed at POR. This time, we booked All Star Movies, thinking it would be my son's favorite.

We booked a preferred location - what's the best way to request a particular building? We want to be in the Fantasia building.

Hiya All

Cheers in Advance

Andy

I stayed here over Marathon weekend (Jan. 8th - 12th) and had a working fridge in my room. I did have to plug it in myself, but it worked fine for what I needed.

We just booked our second trip to Disney for June of this year. My first time was our honeymoon last September, and we stayed at POR. This time, we booked All Star Movies, thinking it would be my son's favorite.

We booked a preferred location - what's the best way to request a particular building? We want to be in the Fantasia building.

You can call back to Disney World reservations and add the Fantasia section (there's two physical buildings) as a non-guaranteed request.

Or, you can wait until online check-in is available at 60 days prior to arrival, and there should be a Fantasia request option for you during online check-in.

I understand that all the values now have a mini fridge in each room, and I was told when I called Disney to check rates that there was a coffee maker in the rooms. Is this true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter