• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All-star Movies Review

ratherbe@Disney

I'm going through Disney withdrawal!
We stayed for four nights at Movies in the Toy Story section. I'll admit that I've been called a hotel snob, and was hesitant about staying at a Value resort. (Boooo on me) But it was a last minute trip and the price was right!

I was really pleasantly surprised and relieved that we liked it. It was me, my husband, and DD (4). We requested Toy Story section, and after exploring the resort it seemed like it had the best theming. Here are some likes and dislikes about the resort in no particular order. Please keep in mind that I have major dislikes about AKL, so to each their own.. haha

Loved the location of Toy Story section. Our room was stand view facing the trees and was very quiet.
Disliked no coffee maker in room, but I had read this in a previous review. But it gave me a great reason to sneak out before my family got up and have some me time.

REALLY disliked that there were no towels at the pool. I wasn't the only person that that minor detail bothered. Several wet people were upset when they figured it out too. I just had to drag a whining 4 year old inside to concierge and wait in line to get some. My husband assured me that Disney figured out that they save money this way, but it made no sense. Some people had their own pool towels, so they obviously read the blip in the newsletter. Housekeeping does quickly bring your replacement towels if you bring them from your room.

Liked that the busses were quick enough, but really disliked the lack of shade in the waiting area.

Loved the Mickey waffles with strawberry sauce.

TIP: Take your food outside. My daughter and I ate breakfast poolside each morning. The CM let us sit before the pool was officially open. They have nice tables with umbrellas. It's a great relaxing place to sit and enjoy.

Overall, I enjoyed the Movies Resort, and would stay there again. I missed the water slides and the sit down restaurants. My husband is NOT a fan of the cafeteria style eating, but it worked for a quick bite. Hope you enjoy it too.

SO glad to see this! I'm a hotel snob as well, LOL, and we picked this one because it WAS cheaper at the time for our upcoming October trip. Our last and first tip, we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter. Loved it there.

We love the old Disney cartoon blips and kid sized table in the back of the seating area! My dd7 laughs and laughs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter