All-Star Movies pool construction--likelihood of delays?

anneofgreengables

Mouseketeer
Will be staying at All-Star Movies Dec. 16 to 23. I understand the pool refurbishment at the resort is slated for completion by Dec. 11. Just wondering for those experienced DISers, how reliable these construction schedules are and how likely or unlikely it is for Disney to have a delay in reopening pools. Basically, I want to know--will the ASMO pool really be open by Dec. 16? Thanks for your input.

I'm kinda wondering the same thing -- except for the beginning date! We are scheduled to depart on 9/10 with construction scheduled to start on 9/11 (Great Luck not planning on this one!). I wondered how firm the start date was. Since Disney did not inform me of the refurb when I booked or paid, I doubt they would confirm the refurb dates either. And of course we all know that if you ask the same question of 3 CMs on 3 different phone calls you will get 3 different answers most of the time anyway. Thanks to the DisBoards, I will be watching the dates closely because the main pool was one of the reasons we picked this hotel.

I wouldn't count on them draining it early, but you never know about delays in reopening . . . i remember reading threads here over the spring where people suspected there was a major leak at the Asmo pool, so who knows? :confused3

The Fantasia Pool at All Star Movies will be closed for an extensive rehab from September 11 - February 18, 2007. All Star Movie guests can use the "quiet" pools as well as the main pools at the other All Star Resorts.

That is from Allearsnet.com, not sure if you're aware of it. We were just there and the pool has been dug out. As of Sunday Oct 29, they have not begun the rebuilding of it. Also preferred rooms at ASMo is 6 out of the 10 buildings. I'd change to Music or Sports.

I just returned from ASMo on Monday. The pool is completely dug out. I would think that would mean some work under the ground needs to be done as well. I know they have extended it's reopening into Feb.

The Mighty Ducks pool is open and never seemed too crowded to us. But we never used the pool. Too busy at the parks.

Music is right next door and not a far walk at all.

ChrisAlli said:
I just returned from ASMo on Monday. The pool is completely dug out. I would think that would mean some work under the ground needs to be done as well. I know they have extended it's reopening into Feb.

The Mighty Ducks pool is open and never seemed too crowded to us. But we never used the pool. Too busy at the parks.

Music is right next door and not a far walk at all.

Thanks, that's good to know.

is due to continue until the new year. I was hoping it would open during our stay at the beginning of December, but apparently it's now looking like February before it opens

We will be there in March. Hope all is done and back to "normal" when we get there. Only booked standard to save a little money. Sure would be nice if we could get a little magic and be moved up to preferred. Either way- who cares we will still have a great time. It is the parks we go to see not the resort. The resort is just a shower and bed for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter