• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All-Star Fridge Swap (Fridge One and Fridge Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone on either list heard from Jennipooh lately?

List 2 - check back for an update this weekend.

I PM'ed her, but didn't hear back from her either. As far as I know, she's still checking in other threads on disboards but not her own thread :confused3 Well, pakhowe, you might want to update the mod again and ask for permission to split the thread. As long as you link it back to this old thread, I don't see the big deals out of it. IMHO.

i see some of my dates are available, how much is it for this and how does it work, Im going to ASMU sept 1-10. Thank you

Sorry your dates are not available. The 1st post was not updated. Please refer to the last page for update.

Hello Jennipooh,

My family is taking our first trip to WDW from August 14 - August 21 this year. Would it be possible to join your Fridge Swap? We're staying at ASM.

Thanks for any help you could provide,

Dawn-Marie

Can the swap for Fridge #1 start on August 14th for Dawn-Marie? Does anyone know what's going on with Fridge #1 and Jennipooh?

Can the swap for Fridge #1 start on August 14th for Dawn-Marie? Does anyone know what's going on with Fridge #1 and Jennipooh?

Nobody knows what's going on with Jennipooh, unfortunately. We can just keep the list update and if someone else in Fridge#1 group would like to take the lead for now (until we hear back from Jennipooh) then it's still going I assume. Here is the updated lists from what I gather:

Fridge One (11 people so far, need to fill from Sep 28 to Nov 21)

Aug 8-14 disneyfreak7 *** (Aug 8-15)
Aug 14-20 Dawn-Marie ASM (Aug 14-21)
Aug 20 - Sep 1, 2008 ...... Jennipooh (All-Star Sports) ??
Sep 1 - Sep 4 .......yigara (AS Sports)
Sep 4 - 10 .....DisneyBug1995
Sep 10 - 12 .....OPEN
Sep 12 - Sep 15 .....pengwin30 (All-Star Music)
Sep 15 - Sep 20.......TinkFan625 (All-Star Music)
Sep 20 - 28 .....Iwartberg (All-Star Movies)
SEP 28-Nov 21 .... OPEN
Nov 21 - 29 .....KERdad06 (All-Star Sports)
Nov 30 - Dec 6 .....MattCrimson (All-Star Sports)
Dec 6 - Dec 13 .....clajgray

FRIDGE #2 (10 people - STILL OPEN Oct 12-Nov 27 and Dec 17-29)

8/12-8/26 PAKHOWE (Sports) --- leader
8/27-9/5 Photolover (Movies)
9/5-9/10 Iri920
9/10-9/12 OPEN
9/12-9/20 MommytoOne (Movies)
9/20-9/28 Tmfranlk
9/28-10/12 UKVermonter (POP)
10/12-11/27 OPEN
11/27-12/6 Dis Tink 13 (Sports)
12/6-12/10 Clajgray (for friend)
12/11-12/17 Jackie101
Dec 17-29 ---- OPEN
12/29-1/2 Maidenfairy (Sports)

====
Waiting List

4winks Sep 13-20
2tinkerbells Sep 20-26 ***
chikita83 Sep 1 -10 ASMu
Buckleigh Sep 7 -14 ASM
hugabearjo Aug30-Sep9

Since our 2nd Fridge Swap List is constantly growing and there's a need for pakhowe (our leader) to update/change the list date and title in order to avoid confusion since OP didn't update the first post for a long time, I would vote to post our 2nd Fridge Swap List on a separate thread so that it can be managed as needed. I hope jennipooh doesn't mind because pakhowe and other people had tried to contacted her but didn't hear back. I guess if everyone on list 2 agreed with this option, please post your opinion. The new thread can always be linked back to this thread.

I Agree also !!:thumbsup2

I will stay in All star sports resort on 8 Sept to 20 Sept. Could I join this fridge swap? I am new to fridge swap program. May i know how to join?

KiloMeter,

list 2 is full for your dates. Check the sticky titled Refrigerator Swaps! Everything You'll Ever Want To Know! at the beginning of the budget board. There is a list of all active swaps there. Good luck finding your dates:goodvibes

LIST 2 - IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!!

We have a new thread called All Aboard the All Star Fridge Swap. Follow the link
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=26057760#post26057760

I will PM list 2 swappers tomorrow. I will also PM the Moderator to get us on the Sticky Thread.

Thanks for all your patience!

I'm glad to see you branched off. I will send folks your way!

I feel bad for the folks that are signed up for fridge #1 :sad2: . I hope they hadn't paid any $ yet. Perhaps they need to branch off as well and regroup into their own swap. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

gina

Hi all.

I have just sent a pm to Jennipooh, but I wanted to post it here as well, in the event someone else is updating List 1, and wants to take me off the list.

clajgray - Dec 6-13 - ASMusic

I just wanted to make sure I let someone know.

TIA.

Dawn-Marie is still interested in this swap for fridge #1 August 14-21.

Just trying to check in on this: is this still active, or are people trying to look for other swaps. I think it is so great that this was at ASSP, but I am hoping that it doesn't get away from us that are on list 1. If anyone has any ideas about this swap, let us know.

Thanks

I would still like to be on this list as we are traveling with another family and would love to have a fridge for each room. Is this fridge still a go? I'm a wee bit confused - thanks for any help!

Dawn-Marie
ASM August 14 -21

Dawn-Marie is still interested in this swap for fridge #1 August 14-21.

Ok, swappers for fridge #1 it appears that the original leader has jumped ship and that unless someone else wants to take over, organize it and order a fridge for the folks on list #1, this swap is dead.

ANYONE :confused3 ? It's really quite simple to do. I have been running one for over a year.

Circuitcity.com has good prices and free shipping to the resort.

What do you all think???

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1890194

Go to the above link...I am trying to save this swap and help out the folks that have been abandoned on list/fridge #1.

If you are interested send me a PM or Email ASAP with your real name, DIS name, dates, resort, email address and cell # if available during your stay.

Gina

Pengwin30, TinkFan625, lwartberg and disneyfreak7: Please let me know IMMEDIATELY if you still need a fridge!! Click on the 2nd link in my signature below if interested and post, PM or Email me. I will open up "your" dates to folks on the waiting list if I don't hear from you today.

Original msg. Okay, I am going to take the lead here..or should that be leap? I have been peeking at the fridge swap for quite some time and I have yet to be LUCKY enough to get in on one. For one thing there are 10 times more POP fridge swaps than All-Stars. Does anyone know why? ..(off the point) Anyway, when I do find an All-Star Swap the fridge is either missing or my dates or taken.. or both.

Now, to the point. I will be staying at All Star Sports beginning a few days before the beginning of the FREE DINING. To be precise August 20-September 1st.

Honestly, in the past when staying at a Moderate we had a fridge included, but barely needed it. When in a Value, we have just used the cooler (but had to fill it with ice daily - a bit of a pain, but it worked).

I have been considering buying a fridge and shipping it to the resort and then shipping it home again. Ughhhhhhhh! Why have I been considering this? Probably because it is CHEAPER than renting from Disney.

Now, I am considering purchasing the fridge and starting a swap of my own. I am inspired by another poster who will be staying at an All-Star nearly the same days as I am. DRATS, I wish I could have just gotten in on that one!!!

So my swap would continue on September 1st, when I leave...IF I can get enough people to commit to it. I would ask for a $10-12 donation from the first dozen or so participants as they make their commitments. And I would have to say no refunds due to changing of plans (or heaven forbid, a LOST fridge). That would be too complicated, I think. Those of us that use it first will "donate" it to those who come after.

I think we can make this work, especially since we would begin at the beginning of FREE DINING. I mean all of those budget minded people, surely are looking for a way to get a practically FREE fridge to go with their FREE DINING. I know I do not want to pay the $100 extra just to rent a fridge.

Anyway, if I can fill up the first few months, without a gap (which is how I think fridges get lost!!!) then I think we can make this work. Please PM me if you are interested.

Below is the current list!!! (updated daily)

Fridge One
Aug 20 - Sep 1, 2008 ...... Jennipooh (All-Star Sports)
Sep 1 - Sep 4 .......OPEN
Sep 4 - 10 .....DisneyBug1995
Sep 10 - 12 .....OPEN
Sep 12 - Sep 15 .....pengwin30 (All-Star Music)
Sep 15 - Sep 20.......TinkFan625 (All-Star Music)
Sep 20 - 28 .....Iwartberg (All-Star Movies)
October....OPEN
Nov 21 - 29 .....KERdad06 (All-Star Sports)
Nov 30 - Dec 6 .....MattCrimson (All-Star Sports)
Dec 6 - Dec 13 .....clajgray

Fridge Two List has been moved to this thread:
All Aboard the All Star Fridge Swap!

Unable to fill (but looking for options!)
June ? - ? ...mommaducktoo3
Aug 24 - 26 ... CarolinaMomOf3boys
Aug 27-Sep 5 ... Photolover (All-Star Movies)
Sep 19 - 20 ...tmfranlk
Sep 20 - 24 ...TinkFan625
Sep 20 - 24 ...dizneekim
Sep 18 - 29 ...chessie2008
Hi, im just wondering if i can get on this swap even thought only some of my dates are still available, we go on sept 1st, and leave the 10th, i see sep 1-4 is still open how does this work?, and how much is it? thanks in advance for your help!

if a refridge becomes available for 9/16 to 9/24, I would love to be included. It doesn't have to be those exact dates but anytime during that time period.

TIA

This fridge swap is dead! The original poster "jennypooh" left everyone high and dry. If you need a fridge check out "saved a sinking ship". Eeyoregeon graciously stepped up and took over, check on her new swap! Good luck

Dear Mods: Can we please close this thread? Everyone from fridge one and two have branched off and this swap is no longer. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter