• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All-Star Family Suites-Who will be calling?

poohntigger

Mouseketeer
Just wondering who will be calling to reserve a family suite on Monday? Right now it looks as though we will. My mother is probably going with us so it will be a great fit for us-me, husband, DS3, DS10months, and my mom. We are going September 30-October 8. Anyone else reserving?

I'm going to have my AAA agent call. It should only be about $10-$15 more and we could use the refrigerator and microwave.

Has anyone booked one of these yet? I thought I had heard they weren't going to be available until Mar 8, is this true?

From the pictures it looks very tiny, the layout just seems as though a family might trip over one another. It will be interesting to hear from a family who stays at one.

Check out www.allearsnet.com for pictures and the latest info. It did not seem to be a bargin. It looks like they converted two rooms into these suits. $209 plus tax in regular season seems high for the All Stars.

cara loves the poly said:
From the pictures it looks very tiny, the layout just seems as though a family might trip over one another. It will be interesting to hear from a family who stays at one.

They're about 520 sq ft...a bit larger than a cabin at Ft Wilderness and without the full kitchen, just the kitchenette.

Tiffany said:
Check out www.allearsnet.com for pictures and the latest info. It did not seem to be a bargin. It looks like they converted two rooms into these suits. $209 plus tax in regular season seems high for the All Stars.

Two regular rooms would be 99.00 plus tax per night per room. The family suite is approx. 10.00 more per night and includes a microwave, small refridgerator and a coffee maker as well as a Q bed in a separate room.

Granted you can sleep 8 in 2 separate rooms, but there's an extra charge for a fridge and no option for coffee makers or microwaves. Plus, they're all double beds, with the exception of the few K bed rooms but those aren't gtd.

srfrgrl07 said:
Two regular rooms would be 99.00 plus tax per night per room. The family suite is approx. 10.00 more per night and includes a microwave, small refridgerator and a coffee maker as well as a Q bed in a separate room.

Granted you can sleep 8 in 2 separate rooms, but there's an extra charge for a fridge and no option for coffee makers or microwaves. Plus, they're all double beds, with the exception of the few K bed rooms but those aren't gtd.

True but right now with an AP discount the rooms at the value resorts are going for $74 a night plus tax so rack rate to rack rate might not be to bad but I think each person is going to need to do the math to see if it works out.

I will be booking a suite next year with a group of five traveling- can't wait to check it out.

personally, i don't get it... there's more "sitting" room, but how much sitting do you do in your room at wdw? (LOL?) we're a two room family based on our love of space and the fact that we're all bedhogs... but i'd much prefer all real beds than sofa beds and pull out ottomans... they just don't sound comfortable to me...

That just sounds like a LOT of $ to stay at the All-Stars. Don't get me wrong... my family loves value resorts and stays at AS regularly, but when you walk out the door of your $209 suite you are still at the All Star. JMO

I was just looking at the pics, and it looks kinda like the inside of an RV. Kinda dark, or is it just my monitor that is dark?

Me I think they are much more upscale than the regular rooms. Nicer counter tops and vanities, closer to the main buildings, and microwave and refrigerator included. I am sure the kids wont mind 2 nights on the sleeper sofas. :thumbsup2 I have never tried ASMU and I love the decor of the Calypso building.

We'll be checking these out whenever 2007 packages come out. We are planning another Feb. trip. DH, DD, DSIL, DGD, & I will be staying on points at Saratoga probably, but we have extended family that will be traveling at the same time. We thought the All Star Suites might be good for them. We thought it might give 3 adults staying in the same room a little more space and privacy.

I wonder how/if they are going to discount these.

They never discount the suites at all. Will these be considered rooms? or suites?

petchie said:
I wonder how/if they are going to discount these.

They never discount the suites at all. Will these be considered rooms? or suites?

We'll never know because there are alot of folks waiting for these to open up and most are willing to pay rack rate for them. There has to be availability to get a discount. I don't ever expect to see a discount on these rooms. Folks who think they will be able to book them and apply a discount later will probably be pretty disappointed when they won't be able to. I see these new accommodations as a real step towards a huge concern most families were having. They sound like a DVC accommodation without paying the DVC price and having more space. A DVC studio runs $250 or more a night and can only sleep 4 and has 1 bathroom. These new rooms are well worth the money and shows that Disney is listening.

I am thinking about booking one of these for my family of 6 that includes a 2 yo. But now I think I can save over $200.00 if I book Port Orleans Riverside for a room witha trundle because my 2yo doesn't count.

anybody have any suggestions is it worth $200 to have the suite? I have stayed at the all stars before and have really liked them I have no opinion of the moderates.those with more experience what would you do???

From what I see, this "suite", while 2 single rooms converted to a "suite", still only has one bathroom, right? What did Disney do with the other bathroom?

I know that most Disney suites only have 1 bathroom, but for a 5+ family staying in these new suites, two bathooms would be an extra plus!

Just my 2 cents....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter