All Star bus transportation? good or bad?

P'colaFla

Mouseketeer
We have a short Dis trip planned in November and we have decided to stay at ASmu since it will be a budgeted trip. We usually stay in the mods so we are used to great bus transportation. What can we expect at All Stars?

We have stayed at POR twice and ASMO 3x. We found the service at ASMO to be better. In general 5-10 minute waits coming or going.

We were there last November and the transportation was excellent. We waited no more than 10 minutes for a bus.

We must have a hit an off week. I had read on the boards that All Star transportation was very good, but we found it to be subpar in June. The worst was waiting 45 minutes on an MK early entry day. We had arrived at the stop at 7:45 -- later than planned, but it should have still been early enough to experience part of the extra hour. We got on the first bus that came, too, but there were 200-300 people who didn't. I don't think we're unrealistic about Disney transportation since we always park our car and use it, and we've stayed at seven different resorts.

Service at the All-Stars is highly subjective... There are a few things that should be kept in mind:

- The All-Stars have a total of nearly 6,000 rooms.
- The All-Stars are crowded year-round.
- Expect crowds. To expect otherwise is unrealistic.
- Buses run frequently to the All-Stars, moreso than any other resort. The reason being is to handle the massive demand.
- Just because a bus fills up, and leaves people behind, doesn't mean they are stranded. Often times, there is a bus just a minute or two behind the first.
- Some buses go Sports Music Movies. Other buses go Movies Music Sports. And some buses just go to one or two All-Stars. Routes VARY.

All things said and done, the majority of the folks at the All-Stars find the transportation to be just fine. The majority of the complaints that we do get relate to crowds on the buses. Yes, it's crowded at times, but we move an amazing amount of people, and all things considered, we do a good job of it.

We've stayed at All Stars twice. I don't believe we've waited more than 20 minutes for a bus when going to a park. However, when we left any of the parks at closing time, the busses were packed. Granted, they bring in one after the other to move all the people but because of the vast number of rooms there are many people waiting. We finally began taking our time getting to the bus at closing time and sometimes sat and waited until the busses were not jam packed. One night, we sat and waited for 45 minutes. It was a very nice evening and just relaxed.

We have stayed at the sports many times...we found the bus transportation to be excellent.

Honestly, I can say that bus service at All Stars was better than at the Contemporary.

I have to say that the bus service at the AS was the best we've ever had...GF was the worst. :)

We have stayed at AS Sports and usually it is only 5 to 10 minutes wait. On the odd occasion, (we said it had to be us), we watched buses for all other parks but the one we were going to, come and go...2 or 3 a piece. Then finally our bus appears. On those trips we just start laughing if it seems to happen for each park we are planning on visiting for the day.

A couple times if I walked away, the bus was sure to come. So if we had been waiting a little while, I would wander off and sure enough, here comes the bus.

All in all, we feel the buses for the All Star resorts is pretty good.

Given the sheer volume of rooms there, they keep buses flowing so the service is quite good. I've stayed there twice and found short waits each time..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter