**All Star 2008 Fridge Swap**

Status
Not open for further replies.
MEL921

We wouldn't mind paying a bit more for the fridge swap as well if we don't get enough people.

well that bites. I did see the other thread leading dis'ers to this thread. Good Idea!

I'm shocked that there isn't anyone...ANYONE...who would like to be included in this swap. I can't imagine spending mega $$$ to rent on there, plus this is my four year going at this time of the year and it can be exceptionally humid and HOT HOT HOT...at least to this northerner it is :)

Having a refridge in your room is wonderful...frozen water bottles in the morning for that long day at the part, a cold soft drink waiting for you after a long bus trip back from the parks, ice packs for those sore muscles, a place to keep healthy snacks in your room.....Plus think of the money you can save by bringing water, pop, snacks, etc. This is the budget boards and we are all about saving money.:thumbsup2

Have I got you sold on the advantages of joining a refridge swap?

Seriously...the price is right...$10 for the duration of your stay...think of all the $$ you will be saving :)

Tried to send you a PM about the fridge but for some reason I couldn't do it. Anyway I noticed that you only had dates for Sept. If you are planning on continuing the swap into Nov I'd be interested in participating. We'll be in Disney Nov 27 - Dec 2

yes...this is a contining swap. It was recently and graciously started by mel so she/we are trying to get dis'ers interested. The refridge is available from the end of August till the cows come home :rotfl:

Some of Sept is still ope, all of Oct Nov and Dec are all open :)

I will pay more on that question!
I think I can actually send it over via luggage services to sports for you when I check out...

Also for me I would like to have this for water and stuff, but otherwise I would not rent because I think it would be cheaper to just buy a couple of bottles then to actually pay for a fridge daily and water when there are just two of us, lol :)

Thanks Jenna. We arrive and check in on 8/31 so there will be no way to pick it up on the 30th. But I am not sure how to work picking it up from you. Our flight does not arrive at MCO until about 10:30, plus we are taking DME to the hotel. I have never used DME before so I don't know when we will get to the hotel (I am hearing that it could take about an hour to get there?) but we definitely won't be there until after your check-out time...

I guess depending on what time you leave (and what you would do with the fridge until we actually get to our hotel) is going to sort of govern how we do this... whether I just pick it up at Music, or if you leave it at Sports, or if we meet up somewhere once we get to the hotel... I don't know what to do!!! :confused3

But, what if we don't get enough people for the swap? Then what? I would love to not have to pay $10.64 per day for a fridge through the hotel but if we don't have enough people for the swap... Sorry, I am a worrier! :scared:

I PM'd Mel but wanted to let everyone else that is signed up know that we are not going to be able to participate as orginally planned. :sad1:

I talked to my husband and he is a little bit worried on how we would be able to do this. With us being at a park all day (and more than likely all night) on Aug. 4 (the day that we are to swap it back out) we don't know how we would get the fridge defrosted and then out to the other hotel (or even to luggage or whatever at our hotel) in time for another person to pick it up and be able to use it that day.

Usually I am the worrier but in this case he is wondering if it would just cause unneeded/extra stress (since we are there for such a short period of time) and thinks that it would be easier to just get the fridge from the resort itself (cha-ching!).

Also, it doesn't look like we even have enough people to make the swap even happen... I am sorry that I am causing us to have one less!! :sad2:

We are checking into all star movies and would loves to be apart of this swap!

Charleyann

I would like to be part of the swap. I will be at Disney from Oct 25th-Oct 31.

Let me know what I have to do.

Thanks,
Stacy

We will be at ASMu...VERY interested in the fridge swap and helping to pay...please let me know what I need to do!!!!:thumbsup2

I sent you a pm on sunday, cant wait to hear from you.. talk 2 u soon!!!:yay:
I need to see how long it takes walmart.com to ship. If we get a couple more people, I can float the cost until more people sign up. I don't want the early people in our swap to miss out :)

I'm in the process of planning a spur of the moment trip and I was wondering if the dates if Nov 15 to Nov 21 were available?
THanks

Not sure if this swap ever got going or not, but if it did I'd be interested in participating during our trip Nov. 7-17th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter