**All Star 2008 Fridge Swap**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel921

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I have decided that I need a fridge for my trip in September, and since I can't find any openings for my entire trip, I am going to start my own swap. There is nothing like coming back to the room after a long, hot day at the parks and having cold beverages at my fingertips :cool1:

I copied this info from another swap (thanks kath1210) and have modified it to fit this swap!

I will be at the ASMusic from 09/11 - 09/15. Feel free to request dates prior to this. As long as we get enough turn out, I have no problem having the fridge delivered to someone else as the first swapper :)
I will not order the fridge until I know we have a decent turnout for this swap. I will ask that the first 12 people send me $10 to cover the cost of the fridge plus shipping.

8/22 - 8/31 - Jenna45 (Movies)
8/31 - 9/4 - JustMe+Three (Sports)
9/4 - 9/11 - LSmith (Music)
9/11 - 9/15 - Mel921 (Music)
9/16 - 9/24 - Parkers*momma (Movies)

OUR FRIDGE:

* I am planning to order this fridge. Other swaps have used the same one and it’s bigger and affordable (that’s why we’re here, right? :lol) http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4764744

* The home resort for the fridge is the All-Star Music resort. We welcome anyone staying at one of the All-Stars but we ask is that you have the fridge brought back to the Music resort at the end of your stay (unless the next swapper is staying at the same resort or you make alternate arrangements with the person you are swapping with). There are luggage carts available to move the fridge, and bell-services would be happy to help. If you are asking bell-services to deliver or take the fridge PLEASE tip them for moving the fridge. On our first trip to Disney, we stayed at the POP and I tipped them $5 to bring it up and $5 to take it back.

SWAPPING INSTRUCTIONS:

* To reserve the fridge, please PM me or email me with the following:
Your real name
Vacation dates
Resort where you are staying
E-mail address
Cell phone number if you will have one at WDW.

I'll be in touch with you closer to your vacation dates to share contact information about the swappers before and after you.

* If you can't arrange to meet the swapper before you, and need to pick the fridge up from ASMusic storage, please give the CM your information (name, ressie #, check-in date) and they will locate the fridge for you.

* It might be a good idea to print out a few pieces of paper with the next swappers, reservation # and check-in date at home and then bring them with you. Then you can simply tape them to the outside of the fridge box after you check out.

* If there is a gap between you and the next swapper, and you need to leave it at ASMusic storage, you will need to tape a piece of paper to the box that says something like "Property of: guest (next swapper's name), ressie #, and check-in date.

* IF YOU CANNOT MEET THE SWAPPER AFTER YOU TO EXCHANGE THE FRIDGE IN PERSON, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO GET A RECEIPT FROM LUGGAGE SERVICES AND MAKE SURE THEY ACTUALLY PICK UP THE FRIDGE.

* If there is a gap of one or more days between you and the next swapper, upload a copy or picture of the receipt and email it to the next swapper. Then that person can print off the copy of the receipt and take it with them to present to storage or luggage services when they pick up the fridge! You could also leave the receipt, or a copy of it for the next swapper at the front desk. [/b]

FRIDGE USE INSTRUCTIONS

* Please do not tip the fridge, or it may not work properly.

* Please keep the fridge clean! There should be a container of antibacterial wipes to clean out the fridge.

* Please DEFROST the fridge and make sure it is VERY DRY before you pack it away!! Mold and mildew are not pretty!!

* Please bring or buy packing tape.

Again PLEASE tip the luggage assistance CMs, especially if you are asking them to take the fridge to one of the other All Star Resorts.

* Please read this FAQ by the disboards moderators:
Fridge Swap FAQ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1454053

***IMPORTANT***

In any kind of online swap, you're putting your trust in a person you really don't know, and there's always the possibility that you'll end up disappointed. I will not be held responsible if someone "does you wrong" or even if unforeseen circumstances prevent an honest person from keeping his or her end of the deal. You may want to get a cell phone number of the person who is supposed to leave ithe fridge for you in case the item gets lost or mismarked. If you take the fridge to storage, always get the claim number from the person before you this will help locate the fridge.
(Disclaimer borrowed from JustGot2BMe)

:cheer2:
Here is to hoping we can pull it all togehter, please let me know if I can do anything to help :cool1:

I just pm'd you in hopes of getting the fridge from Sept 4th to the 11th. Thanks!

Added you LSmith!

I will PM or email with regards to sending money once we have a few more people signed up :D

there's lots of dates available...anyone interested in joining the swap?

Parkers*momma has the fridge until 9/24. If you are interested in getting it then, let me know :)

I PM'd you and am interested! We will be at Sports 8/31 - 9/5. I have no problems relinquishing the fridge on 9/4 and just using an ice bucket for a day!

But we won't have a car when we leave (out-laws will be there 8/31 so I will send my FIL and hubby to pick it up at music). Is it hard to push the cart around? (first time at a resort...)

I leave on the 31st and will be at movies, so maybe we can figure out a way to meet up somehow for the exchange, I will have to check out by 11, but even if you want to pick it up on the 30th that would be fine to...

I PM'd you and am interested! We will be at Sports 8/31 - 9/5. I have no problems relinquishing the fridge on 9/4 and just using an ice bucket for a day!

But we won't have a car when we leave (out-laws will be there 8/31 so I will send my FIL and hubby to pick it up at music). Is it hard to push the cart around? (first time at a resort...)

I need to see how long it takes walmart.com to ship. If we get a couple more people, I can float the cost until more people sign up. I don't want the early people in our swap to miss out :)

Just wanted to let you know that I'd we willing to pay a lil more than the $10 to help get this swap going. Heck it's that or more for just one day at WDW.

There's still some prime dates left, anyone else??

I leave on the 31st and will be at movies, so maybe we can figure out a way to meet up somehow for the exchange, I will have to check out by 11, but even if you want to pick it up on the 30th that would be fine to...

Thanks Jenna. We arrive and check in on 8/31 so there will be no way to pick it up on the 30th. But I am not sure how to work picking it up from you. Our flight does not arrive at MCO until about 10:30, plus we are taking DME to the hotel. I have never used DME before so I don't know when we will get to the hotel (I am hearing that it could take about an hour to get there?) but we definitely won't be there until after your check-out time...

I guess depending on what time you leave (and what you would do with the fridge until we actually get to our hotel) is going to sort of govern how we do this... whether I just pick it up at Music, or if you leave it at Sports, or if we meet up somewhere once we get to the hotel... I don't know what to do!!! :confused3

But, what if we don't get enough people for the swap? Then what? I would love to not have to pay $10.64 per day for a fridge through the hotel but if we don't have enough people for the swap... Sorry, I am a worrier! :scared:

I'm right with you justme+three. I hate the idea of paying +$80. for my daughter and I for the time we are there to use one.

I do have a question:
Since we won't have a car while we are there, how does one get the refridge from one resort to another. I was thinking about going to music and asking for them to bring it over and tip generously for their time and effort and my apprciation. Or can I use a cart from one hotel to another?

Anne0866:
We are leaving late on the 24th but I would be willing to swap with you early in the morning or possibly late on the 23rd if you are interested in joining the swap. Let me know :)

Mek921....maybe if you added to the header

*Dates in AUG, SEPT available* for newbies
just an idea :)

Anne0866:
We are leaving late on the 24th but I would be willing to swap with you early in the morning or possibly late on the 23rd if you are interested in joining the swap. Let me know :)

Yes I am very interested! Let me just check with my hubby this evening and I will get back to you. Thanks a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter