• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Seasons in Fla. IS NOT the All Seas that's in trouble

Aisling

<font color=darkorchid>Where your mind goes, your
EDITED:The travel company I saw on the news IS NOT the Allseas.com that Disers have been using with very good results. The following is what I heard on the news, but subsequently found out that they are two different companies.

I just saw on the NYC news that All Seasons Travel company is in trouble for fraudulently telling people that they've "won" a cruise, and after having them sign the papers, the winners are responsible for a large amount of fees for a "free" trip. The person interviewed said All Seasons told him he had to pay $500 up front and then the rest at a later date (I didn't hear the date). The BBB said All Seasons had 28 claims against them. There was no mention of the "winners" having to pay any fees until after they signed the contract. The company could not be reached for comment by the reporter, but the reporter is going to follow up to help this person get out of his All Seasons mess.
I hope this isn't the Allseas.com company I've read about here on the Dis.

I highly doubt it. There are TONS of travel agencies with that name and a quick google search shows that there is an All Seasons Travel in Atlanta that has had some similar problems.

I don't think the company that is referred to on these boards is the same as the one in the news story.

Well I know Chuck Maida, owner of All Seasons Travel, reads these boards, but is not permitted to post. Maybe the "rules" could be bent to allow him to post regarding this. I know if I was Chuck I would want to respond personally if possible. I would be VERY SHOCKED if it was them.

Like the previous post stated if you google. all seasons travel you will get a company out of Atlanta that is not very good.....

The web-site for the "good" all seasons is www.allseastravel.com

DrCavin, why isn't he allowed to post, just wondering? We booked through them for our Dec.2005 cruise. Is it because this board is sponsored by DU?

I would be shocked if it was the same company they were referring to. I've personally had dealing with Chuck who is the Owner of All Seasons Travel (www.allseastravel.com) and he went out of his way to honor a price that was misquoted to me by one of his staff.

From my personal dealings with him as well as what I've read on these boards over the last 2 years Chuck goes out of his way to be honest with people and offer excellent service. When I called DCL directly I asked them about All Seasons Travel and THEY (DCL rep) told me that are very highly regarded and does a lot of business with them. (This DCL also mentioned Dreams Unlimited as being high regarded, too).

I bet it's the other All Seasons that is having this problem. Their web site is different than Chucks, which has been mentioned already.

madisonsmom said:
DrCavin, why isn't he allowed to post, just wondering? We booked through them for our Dec.2005 cruise. Is it because this board is sponsored by DU?
Yes because the board is sponsored by DU. I actually give DU credit for even allowing people to post his web-site!!!

DrCavin said:
Yes because the board is sponsored by DU. I actually give DU credit for even allowing people to post his web-site!!!

Yet they dont allow us to post barbs site....never could figure that one out!!

Aisling, if you could let us know where you heard this, i.e. what channel, newspaper.

According to the BBB, All Seasons Travel, owned by Chuck Maida, has a satisfactory reputation with the BBB.

Yes, we do allow other agencies to be mentioned. Where we draw the line is when they use the boards to conduct their business.

The other scenario mentioned is a result of our policy where we do not allow anyone to use the boards for personal gain.

I hope this sheds some light on our policies. :)

All Seasons Travel in Jacksonville, FL, is independently owned and operated by Chuck and Janice Maida, and is not affiliated in any way with any of the other agencies around the Country with which we share the All Seasons Travel name. The All Seasons Travel mentioned in the news reports above is All Seasons Travel & Resorts in Atlanta, GA. We are not related to that agency in any way and our standing with the Better Business Bureau, our vendors and our clients is excellent.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

Chuck Maida
President
All Seasons Travel
Jacksonville, FL

I heard this on either WCBS or WNBC local NYC news at 5 pm. Asa Arons was the the investigative reporter in his Ask Asa segment. After seeing it, I did check into it, and found out that the All Seasons Travel company is NOT our Allseas.com based in Florida. This one was in Georgia, as another poster said. I just panicked when I saw the report. But now I feel so relieved.

To Chuck and Janice, I want to apologize for not checking into the facts first before running to the Dis. I was just surprised when I heard the same name on the news, and hoping it wasn't you.

Now I'm sure I've never heard anything negative about your company, and I wish you a ton of business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter