All QS/Lounge Dining

Lesverts

DIS Veteran
If you did a trip with all QS or Lounge dining what is your first choice for each park, Disney Springs and resort?

Thinking about just cancelling all my ADRs and going all QS for next week's trip.

Just background for me places that I have usually gravitated towards

MK: Caseys and CHH
DHS: Backlot
AK: Nomad
Epcot: Connections and Katsura Grill
DS: D-Luxe
Resort: Crew Cup

If you did a trip with all QS or Lounge dining what is your first choice for each park, Disney Springs and resort?

Thinking about just cancelling all my ADRs and going all QS for next week's trip.

MK: IMHO, all the QS is equally mediocre. We pick whatever is most convenient to where we happen to be in the park at any given time.

DHS: HBD Lounge

AK: Nomad, Flame Tree

Epcot: Connections if in FW. We also enjoy Regal Eagle and Les Halles (though the line can get really long)

DS: Blaze isn't bad if you are in the mood for pizza

Resort: Geyser Point WL, Steakhouse 71 Lounge, Citricos Lounge

The trips I skip TS are some of my best!

MK: Nothing is GREAT here so ...
CHH for atmosphere, relaxing and hot food.
COSMIC food is decent and hot but atmosphere chaotic.

DHS: Overall I enjoy most the food at the park, all levels.
Backlot is a good pick, I agree. And I'll go against the grain and say PizzeRizzo. DS and I get ONE pizza meal. He eats 3 slices, I take one and the salad. Great value, park food. But we take it upstairs where it is usually empty, cool, relaxing, bathrooms etc. Two weeks ago we were there so early and wanted breakfast so got the Breakfast Bowl at Woody's and it was good, great value. I do enjoy Brown Derby Lounge if weather permits. Also enjoy Baseline Pretzel and Charcuterie Board.

EPCOT: My has the quality at all levels gone down here.
American QS is very good, refillable drinks. Connections Cafe is good, refillable drinks. I consider Spice Road in the lounge category. Ate there two weeks ago with three shareables and it was one of our cheapest meals the whole week. Yorkshire Fish can be shared, and now that Rose & Crown is closed for lunch but open for folks to bring in food, good pick.

AK: Good food
Satuli' Canteen is our favorite both in value, taste of food, refillable drinks, A/C. But I love Nomad Lounge and would order food items and drinks there any time. I think it's a great park to wander and nibble and do your own "Food & Wine." Study the menus ahead and create a food hunt.

Disappointed to here about Epcot. I really enjoyed Connections last year. I am a sucker for Disney pizza. And the waffle was good. Katsura was never 'good' but it was a good combo of price, quality and quantity. Regal Eagle sounds like a fun place to try out this time around. But also food and wine is there too. That being said I don't necessarily see the value of walking around for 2-3 hours and nibbling through 60-80 dollars worth of drinks compared to what you can get for a similar price.

I am also a sucker for corndog nuggets. Sometimes I just want to eat like a 5y/o.

The last few years I have done virtually all QS dining, mostly due to pricing at TS. At AK, I recommend Satul'i Canteen

At DS, I confess that I've only done trip(s) to Ghirardelli-yes, I have made 2 trips there in one trip to DS. But in an effort to eat somewhat normal, I've vowed I'll try "Chicken Guy" on my next trip.

At Epcot, if there's a Festival going on, as there almost always is, I eat there. Otherwise, there are some good, savory offerings at the Bakery in France. I like their Quiche.

In MK, I like CHH or outside at Liberty Marketplace for some fruit.

Can't remember eating in DHS. My unpopular secret is that I'm not a Star Wars fan.

Outside the parks, my faves are Mara, Boardwalk Deli, and Primo Platto. And Mobile Order at Sanaa is great-I get the salad sampler, dessert, and stop upstairs to fill my refillable mug, for about the price of a QS meal. And I LOVE the salad sampler.

MK: Sleepy Hollow (with 2 people, get one sweet and spicy chicken waffle and one fresh fruit waffle and then share)
EP: Les Halles or La Cantina de San Angel
AK: Satu'li Canteen
Resorts: Capt. Cooke's for Tonga Toast for breakfast and The Mara has had some interesting dishes in the past plus you can buy a package of Zebra Domes
DHS: We don't usually eat QS here. I just haven't found a place I love.

Zebra Domes, drools

I am getting to property around 3pm opening day. I was thinking since I don't want to risk a reservation I could hit up a resort or two. I love resort hopping. Y'all are giving me ideas to hit up Geysar Point and head to a monorail trip around.

I also like the reminder of Sleepy Hollow. I am usually never in or near Fantasyland during the 'I'm hungry' times because I normally hit it early in the morning once per trip.

MK: Sleepy Hollow for the waffle with fruit, Aloha Isle for Dole Whips. Otherwise I can't think of any other CS we like.

EPCOT: Les Halles, Creperie window by the Remy ride (esp for the dessert crepes), L'Artisan des Glaces for the warm Croque Glace, Regal Eagle, Festival booths have a wide variety of offerings (but can get expensive).

DHS: Docking Bay, Ronto Roasters (esp the breakfast Ronto Wrap), HBD Lounge

AK: Satuli, Flame Tree, Nomad Lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter