All our ghosts have been dying to meet you… Pre-Trip: Update & costume tweaks 9/20

Those cards are awesome!

I just decided we need to do a monorail crawl... I'm thinking a drink or snack (or both) at the monorail resorts and maybe we'll boat over to the WL for good measure!

That whole update had me rolling on the floor laughing. :rotfl:

Awesome lanyards! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 I think we'll manage to have a pretty good time. I'm never one to shy away from a challenge!

I love the drinking cards. Awesome!

Thanks! Should be a good time!

You have the coolest dad!!!

Thanks! I think so too :goodvibes

Those cards are awesome!

I just decided we need to do a monorail crawl... I'm thinking a drink or snack (or both) at the monorail resorts and maybe we'll boat over to the WL for good measure!

According to our lanyards, the water launch resorts count as 'extra credit' - so I think it's a great idea. And yeah, add a snack in there ... help soak up some of the alcohol. Or something like that!

You guys, we are now less than 3 weeks away!

I spent most of breakfast at Bob Evans yesterday telling Ryan things like "exactly 3 weeks from right this second we'll be in Animal Kingdom and probably getting off of Expedition Everest and deciding between Flame Tree BBQ and Yak & Yeti for lunch!"

Needless to day, after breakfast Ryan went to watch football all day with his buddies.

I'm sure it was a completely unrelated to my breakfast conversation.

:rotfl2:

In other news, the bodice of my costume now has a skirt attached! And a zipper installed! AND IT FITS. Like, really well. I'm thrilled - this is the most heavily that I've ever modified a sewing pattern and I've learned a ton about garment construction during this process.

But you don't really care about that, do you? You want the pictures!

adding the fringe to the overskirt...

(if I never have to hem or add trim to a fabric as fragile as organza again, that's fine with me!)

aaannnddd....

TA-DA!

I will be wearing a petticoat underneath it to get it to poof out correctly. Can you tell who I'm going to be now?

Now we are left with accessories.

Me: capelet, alligator bag, umbrella

Ryan: sash & white spats.

I'm redrafting the pattern for my capelet based on another, which is basically draping the muslin on myself, making marks & adjustments until it looks right and then eventually using the muslin as my new pattern pieces.

Kinda like this:

I finished off the night with a quick trial run of a new tank top pattern I bought

I want to do a tank dress version to wear on vacation but needed to test the fit first. I think I need to make a couple tiny tweaks, but overall it fits pretty well as-is. I'm actually wearing it to work today!

Of course, everyone's favorite helper cat was instrumental in accomplishing all of this progress this weekend.

Obviously.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

You costume looks so good! BTW, one of your pictures gives the answer away as you can see the picture you're working off of. ;)

If you noticed Ryan's eyes glazing over during breakfast at Bob Evans (mmmmm, Bob Evans' pancakes and home fries), that's the exact same look my DW has when I start mentioning Disney plans. Which is why I now do most of my planning-out-louds on DIS. :lmao:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

You costume looks so good! BTW, one of your pictures gives the answer away as you can see the picture you're working off of. ;)

If you noticed Ryan's eyes glazing over during breakfast at Bob Evans (mmmmm, Bob Evans' pancakes and home fries), that's the exact same look my DW has when I start mentioning Disney plans. Which is why I now do most of my planning-out-louds on DIS. :lmao:

Thanks! you can also see part of the reference picture in the full dress shot too ;) might help some stragglers turn the lightbulb on now! I figure at this point, with the dress entirely together, that's just as much of as giveaway as the original I'm working from. Once the accessories are finished, I'll post a side-by-side comparison.

he's excited, but he doesn't get how I can babble on about it endlessly. I've been trying to refrain, but it's starting to get so close now that it's really, really hard! :hyper: at least I had the decency to make sure he was fed before I started my well caffienated Disney-talk for the day!

The dress looks FANTASTIC! Y'all are going to be such a big hit at the party!

Alright. Got it now. I had it wrong all along! I wasnt even close! Hahahah

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

oh! now I'm curious - what were you thinking it was going to be? Bo Peep maybe?

What a great update to the pre-trip report. Abby, hands down you are just amazing! Give you some material and away you go! Your costume is the BEST!! This trip is going to be one for the books. It will be a great vacation for all of us. We have costumes, food, wine and all at Disney, who could ask for more??? :confused3

We are getting so close now!
:love:

Your costume looks amazing! I am so jealous of your talent! That tank is so simple, but so cute. I love the pattern!

Your costume looks amazing! I am so jealous of your talent! That tank is so simple, but so cute. I love the pattern!

Thank you for your sweet words! :goodvibes I'm excited to do a dress version of the tank, I think it'll be great for our first day in Epcot - comfy & cool, but still a little nicer for our F&W event that night.

Have you downloaded the My Disney Experience on your phone so you can keep track of everything and even schedule your FastPasses for the day - it is awesome!

Fantastic costume, Abby.

I'm flying out in a couple of days. I'll be disconnecting from the internet as much as humanly possible so I may not be checking in again until after I return.

Safe journey and Boo to You.

I look forward to catching up on your trip in the TR.

:goodvibes

Have you downloaded the My Disney Experience on your phone so you can keep track of everything and even schedule your FastPasses for the day - it is awesome!

I have the app on my phone, but whenever I try to play with it it runs slowly and tends to log me out. Hopefully I can make better use of it when we're there!

Fantastic costume, Abby.

I'm flying out in a couple of days. I'll be disconnecting from the internet as much as humanly possible so I may not be checking in again until after I return.

Safe journey and Boo to You.

I look forward to catching up on your trip in the TR.

:goodvibes

safe travels to you and & family! Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures upon your return. Boo to You! :goodvibes

oh! now I'm curious - what were you thinking it was going to be? Bo Peep maybe?

I was kind of thinking of a gender reversed Captain Hook at the end of Peter Pan when he's balancing on the alligator's jaws. Kinda like this idea:

Disney_Villainettes___Hook_by_blastedgoose.png

It barely works with the evidence, but it was what my brain kept going to.

I'm on my desktop computer now (as opposed to my ipad) for the first time in a while and just looked through the pictures again and now I'm doing the "How did I miss it!?" thing. :rotfl2:

I was kind of thinking of a gender reversed Captain Hook at the end of Peter Pan when he's balancing on the alligator's jaws. Kinda like this idea:

It barely works with the evidence, but it was what my brain kept going to.

I'm on my desktop computer now (as opposed to my ipad) for the first time in a while and just looked through the pictures again and now I'm doing the "How did I miss it!?" thing. :rotfl2:

that's a super fun idea for a costume though - I'm definitely filing that away for future halloweens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter