ALL NEW Post here if you won a OMDD trip! PART II: We HAVE 18 (+1) Winners!

Wow where did the rest of the thread go? Just in case anyone was curious, they will not let you downgrade to the cabins because it is not a "standard room". However you can switch to a cabin after the first four nights if your staying for extra days, And they give you a great deal on extra days!

Ldynred812 said:
Has anyone here who won a trip to Disney or the Disney Cruise added a person to bring along?? ( I have 3 children, ages 9, 6, and 14 mos). Just curious to see how that works. I haven't won a thing, but have entered TONS of Disney sweepstakes since the OMDD to win a trip to one of the parks or a cruise. I know my youngest would be considered free for the most part with the parks, but with a cruise, it seems as if we would need a larger room that what they give away.

Has anyone had to add a person?? Were the sponsors OK with this?? How did you pay for the upgrades of adding a person?? Was the cost very high??

Just looking for info!! Thanks!!:)

Kecia

I am one of the OMDD winners. Disney worked with me and provided flight info for me to book the extra airfare before they confirmed the tickets they had reserved. They even went so far as to take the two reservations and put us all together on the plane. Theme park tickets for the extra children are completely at your own expense. No additional discounts other than what are available for everyone.

So how's everyone making out that won:confused3 I'd like to hear how your OMDD trips went, are going and have yet to go:goodvibes:yay: Update please:flower3:

There are several of us that have gone - My trip is in Sept/Oct I will do a trip report and link it here when I get back :)

My trip is in 36 days! I am in the process of making shirts and I've got most of my dinner reservations done.

103 Days till our OMDD Trip!!!!! Can't wait!

so exciting! As you can see I just couldn't take it and we scheduled a trip! So excited to see how the OMDD ones go!

so exciting! As you can see I just couldn't take it and we scheduled a trip! So excited to see how the OMDD ones go!

I went on my OMDD trip to DL the first week of August and it was awesome! With the 3 hour time difference from home, though, we started our trip off very tired and it was so hard to adjust! Everything about the trip was amazing; the hotel, the parks, the meals, the shopping! It went by so quick and now I'm jealous of the people that still get to go! :yay:

Quick question..
Did any winners upgrade their park tickets that were won by adding additional days? I was wondering if we do this before we use any of the days on the park hoppers, or if we use a day on our tickets then upgrade?
Also, did anyone have problems?
We are extending our stay and would like to add days to our tickets that were won, rather than buy all new tickets.

I asked our rep over a week ago and am still waiting on a response. Any answers from other winners would be a great help!

Quick question..
Did any winners upgrade their park tickets that were won by adding additional days? I was wondering if we do this before we use any of the days on the park hoppers, or if we use a day on our tickets then upgrade?
We are extending our stay and would like to add days to our tickets that were won, rather than buy all new tickets.

I asked our rep over a week ago and am still waiting on a response. Any answers from other winners would be a great help!

I just came back two weeks ago. :cool1: I did not stay additional days, however I upgraded to water park option for the 5 days. It was only an additional $93.72 for the family of 4. However it was a daunting task as they could not do it at WL. I had to take the paper tickets(all adult tickets issued BTW-but I have two kids)to Guest Services at MK. They were able to change them to paper tickets for WPFO after a very knowledgeable CM knew how to do it at the correct price. After all that I take them the next morning to Concierge and he makes them into room keys and ticket card. He changes them to children on the key card. There were no problems at all with upgrading them but be very cautious of the cost. The CM at WL quoted me the $93 price but at MK he tried to charge me $140 until I explained the whole situation at WL and I was a contest winner then he knew how to change them. PHEW! That seemed like a lot. Some other winners have extended them and they can fill you in. One even upgraded to AP's. :thumbsup2

Quick question..

If you are going to WDW you can add additional days OR use the value of them to upgrade to AP's

If you are going to DL you cannot upgrade or add days :( We are instead doing the halloween party one day and not doing a regular park that day so we can extend it from 5 to 6 days in the parks. we added 3 extra hotel nights and one extra plane ticket (for our 2 year old)

Thanks for the information! We are actually staying in wdw, so it's good to hear that we can upgrade our tickets. Hopefully, we don't run into any problems! If any one else has had experience adding days, I would love to hear more!

We went to DL back in July and it was awesome! We wanted to upgrade our tickets to add just one more day, but like Missy said, they don't allow you to do that at DL.

I know there was one winner who upgraded her tickets to annual passes at WDW so you shouldn't have any problems adding more days. You'll probably just have to do it at one of the main ticket booths.

Congrats on winning, by the way. Which hotel did you choose?

Thanks! We got our second choice- The Grand Floridian. Our first was the Poly. There seems to be a lot of renovations going on at the Grand when we will be there next month, but oh we'll....you can't beat a free vacation to Disney! I would be happy staying anywhere!

I am glad you had a great time in Disneyland. It seems they are really making everyone's trips magical!

Thanks! We got our second choice- The Grand Floridian. Our first was the Poly. There seems to be a lot of renovations going on at the Grand when we will be there next month, but oh we'll....you can't beat a free vacation to Disney! I would be happy staying anywhere!

I am glad you had a great time in Disneyland. It seems they are really making everyone's trips magical!

We didn't get our first choice of hotel, but it's still awesome since it's free. We were able to save the $500 gift card to use on our next trip to WDW. Hope you have a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2

We leave in 16 days! :cool1::cool1:

We added one night's stay but didn't add on to the ticket days. We will be at POP Century our first night and then will spend the rest of our trip at the Poly. I can't believe we actually get to stay there!

I've only made a few ADRs: 'Ohana, 50's Prime Time Cafe and Le Cellier. The rest of our meals will probably be counter service.

We also hope to attend the MNSSHP on October 5th, our last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter