ALL NEW Post here if you won a OMDD trip! PART II: We HAVE 18 (+1) Winners!

Thank you all for the advice.

I would like to know how you were contacte: email, phone, mail? I have been checking my spam folder to make sure nothing got routed there.

We are planning on going to WDW next March. Thought we might try the Polynesian. We normally stay at the Wilderness Lodge.

For those of us going to DL they mailed us a letter, but for those going to WDW they e-mailed. Like Brent mentioned, they had his wrong e-mail address and apparently didn't send him a letter or anything. You should definitely contact Ventura and they can contact the WDW rep. One winner, who won for February 29 also hasn't heard from the WDW rep, but he won a lot later than you. So far, he's the only one on here other than you who hasn't heard from them yet. I guess it's a good thing you're not planning on going until next spring. ;)

Congratulations!!!! :banana::banana: We love to hear from new winners! I agree with Sue if you haven't contacted Ventura I would definitely do so! It sounds like some of your info may have been misplaced!

For those of us going to DL they mailed us a letter, but for those going to WDW they e-mailed. Like Brent mentioned, they had his wrong e-mail address and apparently didn't send him a letter or anything. You should definitely contact Ventura and they can contact the WDW rep. One winner, who won for February 29 also hasn't heard from the WDW rep, but he won a lot later than you. So far, he's the only one on here other than you who hasn't heard from them yet. I guess it's a good thing you're not planning on going until next spring. ;)

Update: I heard back from Ventura today. They said that it could take 6 to 8 weeks to hear from Disney. According to them that is 6 to 8 weeks after the end of sweepstakes: March 7, 2012. She did say that she would confirm with Disney that they received my contact information. Ugh.

Update: I heard back from Ventura today. They said that it could take 6 to 8 weeks to hear from Disney. According to them that is 6 to 8 weeks after the end of sweepstakes: March 7, 2012. She did say that she would confirm with Disney that they received my contact information. Ugh.

Hmmm, I'm thinking that might be her standard answer to everything. Meanwhile she realizes that someone screwed up somewhere along the way. I bet you hear from the WDW rep in the next day or two. :thumbsup2

I submitted my questionnaire and was wondering about how long it took most people to get their itineraries? I'm going to WDW and sent in the questionnaire ten days ago. Also do they send itineraries in the mail, or just send you confirmation numbers through email?
oh, and has anyone asked to stay at the cabins at fort wilderness? They cost less then any deluxe, so I was hoping it would be possible.
Toodaloo

Hmmm, I'm thinking that might be her standard answer to everything. Meanwhile she realizes that someone screwed up somewhere along the way. I bet you hear from the WDW rep in the next day or two. :thumbsup2

I agree with Sue. :cool1: But considering you won before some of us and we are further along in the process, hopefully you will hear from Disney soon:confused3

I submitted my questionnaire and was wondering about how long it took most people to get their itineraries? I'm going to WDW and sent in the questionnaire ten days ago. Also do they send itineraries in the mail, or just send you confirmation numbers through email?
oh, and has anyone asked to stay at the cabins at fort wilderness? They cost less then any deluxe, so I was hoping it would be possible.
Toodaloo

I heard back I believe within a week or two. I received a preliminary itinerary confirmation through email. You can ask about the cabins, they may accomodate. Follow up isn't a bad idea if you haven't heard back and your trip is soon. :rolleyes1 If it is scheduled for next year or late fall or winter, I think they are taking their time on those.:scared1:

Toodaloo
It seems to be taking a few weeks to hear back from WDW for them to confirm hotel itineraries and they're doing it by e-mail. Only one person going to WDW has gotten their flight information I believe.

So far everyone is staying at one of the deluxe hotels for their trip. It can't hurt to ask to stay in the cabins. I can't see why they wouldn't allow it since their considered moderate rooms so you would be downgrading. Are you planning on taking more than 4 people? The cabins do accommodate 6 people so it's a good option if you're travelling with more than 4 or 5 people.

Just wanted to pop in and thank Jennasis for starting this (and the original) thread and Arbolita for sharing the link to the DCL sweepstakes.

I won the Part 2 of the Disney Cruise Adventure Sweepstakes. We are very excited as this will be our first cruise ever. Sailing from New York on the Magic this summer.

One thing I want to let everyone know is for this contest, they sent an email notification and I almost deleted the email. It came from a person with the company who did the drawing. Had I not read the subject line a second time, I would have completely missed it. They didn't try calling or anything else.

Thank you again! I LOVE THE DIS!!!!!

Just wanted to pop in and thank Jennasis for starting this (and the original) thread and Arbolita for sharing the link to the DCL sweepstakes.

I won the Part 2 of the Disney Cruise Adventure Sweepstakes. We are very excited as this will be our first cruise ever. Sailing from New York on the Magic this summer.

One thing I want to let everyone know is for this contest, they sent an email notification and I almost deleted the email. It came from a person with the company who did the drawing. Had I not read the subject line a second time, I would have completely missed it. They didn't try calling or anything else.

Congratulations on winning! A lot of us have gotten into contact because of this thread. :thumbsup2 I'm glad you didn't delete the e-mail. What did you win? I'm assuming a cruise, but what are the details?

Congratulations! That is awesome. I have always wanted to go on a Disney Cruise. :goodvibes

Congratulations! :cheer2: I enter almost everyday. It's good to see a Diser as one of the cruise winners.

Thanks everyone! It still hasn't really sunk in yet that I won. I'm still trying to process it.

The email subject line read: Disney Cruise Line Promotion Notification and the email came from someone at the company that held the drawing (not Disney).

I am the Grand Prize Winner for Part 2. I won 8-nights on the Magic, sailing New York to Bahamas, plus air fare and all the upgrades I won while playing the game. I was given three dates to chose from and we got our first choice.

A couple of things that I noted that might be useful to others.

1-I only received one email. No phone calls or notification letters.
2 - I wasn't notified on the date specified in the rules, but a couple days later and then I had a certain time frame to respond in.
3 - The company who did the drawing verified my information before sending my name to Disney, so it was about 10 days after the drawing before Disney even knew who won.

Thanks everyone! It still hasn't really sunk in yet that I won. I'm still trying to process it.

The email subject line read: Disney Cruise Line Promotion Notification and the email came from someone at the company that held the drawing (not Disney).

I am the Grand Prize Winner for Part 2. I won 8-nights on the Magic, sailing New York to Bahamas, plus air fare and all the upgrades I won while playing the game. I was given three dates to chose from and we got our first choice.

A couple of things that I noted that might be useful to others.

1-I only received one email. No phone calls or notification letters.
2 - I wasn't notified on the date specified in the rules, but a couple days later and then I had a certain time frame to respond in.
3 - The company who did the drawing verified my information before sending my name to Disney, so it was about 10 days after the drawing before Disney even knew who won.

Wow, what a great prize! Congratulations! :cool1::cool1:

Has anyone here who won a trip to Disney or the Disney Cruise added a person to bring along?? ( I have 3 children, ages 9, 6, and 14 mos). Just curious to see how that works. I haven't won a thing, but have entered TONS of Disney sweepstakes since the OMDD to win a trip to one of the parks or a cruise. I know my youngest would be considered free for the most part with the parks, but with a cruise, it seems as if we would need a larger room that what they give away.

Has anyone had to add a person?? Were the sponsors OK with this?? How did you pay for the upgrades of adding a person?? Was the cost very high??

Just looking for info!! Thanks!!:)

Kecia

HI everyone! This thread has been Extreeeemly helpful to us... April 5th we entered a Disney online video contest. Winner selected 16th, notified by email, and April 27th winner announced online. The contest was to CREATE a video of your Disney PARK memories... out of the 979 video ours was judged and WON the grand prize. The grand prize is very similar to OMDD prize, but the gift card amount is $500 and we won an HD camera in the prize.

4 nights/5days
5 day hopper
Hotel
Airfare
$500 GC
HD Bloggie touch camera

This contest is also done by Ventura, so I thought I could come along for the ride. Kinda like an adopeted sister! :D

I do have some questions that I hope one of you may be able to help with.

1. Does Ventura RUN the planning? or is it done by Disney? confusing.
2. I would like to add on 2 extra nights, being we are from AZ. How?
3. IF I choose hotels, I would like PORR in a Royal Room, will they do this?
4. Is it possible, if we go during Disney Dining FREE plan if this could be added on. It is a package, and we are wanting to go the very last weekend of September. How/Who do I ask to add this?

PS. Here is the link to the video we made! Take a look. :happytv: We had fun making it!

http://rulethemix.disney.go.com/
thanks for the help! :hug: Mindy.

HI everyone! This thread has been Extreeeemly helpful to us... April 5th we entered a Disney online video contest. Winner selected 16th, notified by email, and April 27th winner announced online. The contest was to CREATE a video of your Disney PARK memories... out of the 979 video ours was judged and WON the grand prize. The grand prize is very similar to OMDD prize, but the gift card amount is $500 and we won an HD camera in the prize.

4 nights/5days
5 day hopper
Hotel
Airfare
$500 GC
HD Bloggie touch camera

This contest is also done by Ventura, so I thought I could come along for the ride. Kinda like an adopeted sister! :D

I do have some questions that I hope one of you may be able to help with.

1. Does Ventura RUN the planning? or is it done by Disney? confusing.
2. I would like to add on 2 extra nights, being we are from AZ. How?
3. IF I choose hotels, I would like PORR in a Royal Room, will they do this?
4. Is it possible, if we go during Disney Dining FREE plan if this could be added on. It is a package, and we are wanting to go the very last weekend of September. How/Who do I ask to add this?

PS. Here is the link to the video we made! Take a look. :happytv: We had fun making it!

http://rulethemix.disney.go.com/
thanks for the help! :hug: Mindy.

Congrats on winning the trip, neighbor! I take it from your questions that you are choosing WDW for your trip? We picked DL. I can answer a few questions: Ventura is just the administrator of the contest, so they will be submitting your information to the people that work in the trip planning department (I think at WDW it's marketing), and then they will contact you. It's only a couple of people at each park doing this, and they have to plan so many trips for winners, that they are a little backlogged.

The paperwork they send you (WDW emails a very nice 4 page packet) will ask you if you want to add extra days/extra people, and to rank the hotels you want to stay in.

I believe because the trip was won, you can't add the dining to it. I know it was discussed elsewhere, and one of the OMDD winners actually posted the reason they were given, and it makes sense, but I can't think of it right now.

Congrats again.

We entered a video too. Your video was great :cool1: So glad to hear another DIS'r one a Disney trip. Congratulations :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter