All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

My March Break airfare!! :cool1: We are doing Southwest out of Manchester. Usually do PWM, but it's only 1.5 hrs further and there are many more flight times/options and it's non-stop, and quite a bit cheaper, if I factor in that there are 5 of us. Got one of us for $222.80 return and the rest of us were $263.80 return.

Not sure if this has been asked before but am looking at flying out of Halifax and there is a 6:23am flight.My question is,when should I be at the airport? I know the "rule" is 2 hours,but would an hour to an hour and a half be enough time? It would be on a Tuesday if that makes a difference.

Not sure if this has been asked before but am looking at flying out of Halifax and there is a 6:23am flight.My question is,when should I be at the airport? I know the "rule" is 2 hours,but would an hour to an hour and a half be enough time? It would be on a Tuesday if that makes a difference.

As someone who travels frequently, I know weekday morning flights can be tricky. If you are travelling outside of Canada, I give the full two hours. We have been in line to check in for an hour, other times, nothing. My advice is to err on the side of caution, no one wants to start the vacation rushed or stressed. You can always grab a Tims once upstairs and snooze on the plane knowing that your luggage made it on the flight. :)

As someone who travels frequently, I know weekday morning flights can be tricky. If you are travelling outside of Canada, I give the full two hours. We have been in line to check in for an hour, other times, nothing. My advice is to err on the side of caution, no one wants to start the vacation rushed or stressed. You can always grab a Tims once upstairs and snooze on the plane knowing that your luggage made it on the flight. :)

I looked on the Halifax airport website and it says the US preclearance doesn't open till 5am.So what would the point of being there at 4:30 if it's not open till 5?

I looked on the Halifax airport website and it says the US preclearance doesn't open till 5am.So what would the point of being there at 4:30 if it's not open till 5?

Non-US international and domestic departures need to check in at the main check in area and go throught the main security check point which are open much earlier. US departures, with US pre-clearance, only applies if the first airport you travel to is in the US. I don't remember if the original poster said which applies to them.

We usually do the US preclearance and for a 6:30am departure would plan to arrive at the check in desk for 4:45.

Non-US international and domestic departures need to check in at the main check in area and go throught the main security check point which are open much earlier. US departures, with US pre-clearance, only applies if the first airport you travel to is in the US. I don't remember if the original poster said which applies to them.

We usually do the US preclearance and for a 6:30am departure would plan to arrive at the check in desk for 4:45.

thanks for the info.Sorry,the flight would leave here and go to Newark then Tampa

Congratulations to all that arranged the DIS event on the weekend. It sounds like it was a big success. We were fortunate to be invited to CMN Celebration held At WDW in October so whole family is going. It is a pleasure to attend that event. Sure will be nice to be there. Thank goodness for DVC for the extra days and annual passes. MDE is working pretty good on computers now but not so good on mobile apps yet. Oh yes thankful for aeroplan for the extra family going. Hoop de doo does not seem to get old.

Watching the videos now, looks like a really amazing event this past weekend. Congratulations to all involved, I only wish I could have made it!

And as a result of the GKTW event I'm now in the market for direct flights sometime this winter/early spring so I can claim my big prize, 6 nights/7 days in a moderate resort with park passes and dining! This was a surprise prize provided by Dreams Unlimited Travel and I won it!!!!! :cool1:

The Orlando gang came up and did a show. You can find it on Youtube.
Congrats Michele - who pulled out your name again????

The Orlando gang came up and did a show. You can find it on Youtube.
Congrats Michele - who pulled out your name again????

Now that you mention it, I think you did Evelyn! I always knew I was your favourite. :thumbsup2

Glad I booked my tickets. The flight out of Charlottetown has gone up nearly 100 dollars. I can only assume because it is over the Remembrance Day weekend. Prices are a bit crazy. So much higher than I have gotten flights before.

Okay, we are flying out of Portland ME in November, does anyone have suggestions for a good park and fly hotel? Never done this before I need guidance! Any help I greatly appreciated!

The last time we flew out of Portland we stayed at Howard Johnson's. It was great. As long as you stay one night you can keep your vehicle there while you are gone. They shuttled us to and from the airport

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter