All I Want for Christmas is...A WDW Vacation!! UPDATE pg 35 - Leaving today!!

Dancing bananas for the plane tickets: :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Having booked a flight always makes a trip much more real for me. And getting a direct flight is just great! I love direct flights! :cloud9:

I think you really should get park tickets now before prices go up. I don't think they will rise a lot, but still why risk it? You know for how long you are going to stay.

I know, I love direct flights too! :yay: And when you're traveling with a 3-year-old, the less airports you have to sit in the better. :rotfl:

I agree, I think I am going to get my tix this week. I think the typical raise in prices has been 5-6% when they raise it, so any money saved is a good thing, I think. That's on my list for this week! :thumbsup2

So I went online today and bought my park tickets!! A 10 day park hopper for me - woo hoo! :woohoo: One more thing checked off the list!!

Hurray for park tickets being purchased! :banana:

Re: the October trip -- I haven't mentioned it on the TR yet. It's just Charles and I and we are headed down for the Food and Wine Festival and assorted DIS meets. I am very excited!

Re: the October trip -- I haven't mentioned it on the TR yet. It's just Charles and I and we are headed down for the Food and Wine Festival and assorted DIS meets. I am very excited!

Oh that sounds great - I am so excited for you two! Have you done a trip before to WDW, just you and Charles? Are the kids just crushed that they won't be there? But it will be nice to have a vacation just the two of you - sounds like an awesome time!

I am hoping to get in some Dis Meets this trip. At one time, MeMom mentioned that people were watching fireworks at the Poly on the 31st, so perhaps I will get to meet some fellow Disers! :woohoo:

Yay on your park tickets! And 10 days...awesome:cheer2:

Hi Katie! :wave2:

I was glad to get those tickets taken care of. I am hearing rumors that the prices are going up in August, and since I know we're going to be there shortly after, I didn't think it made sense to wait.

We're going for 9 nights, and even if we don't use all the days, I'll just add the no-expiration option to any days left. That 10-day is such a good deal in comparison to the others, and I just usually feel it's the best way to go. :wizard:

So I went online today and bought my park tickets!! A 10 day park hopper for me - woo hoo! :woohoo: One more thing checked off the list!!

Fantastic!! :cool1::cool1: Now you have tickets, flights and accomodation sorted out! The only thing missing is ADRs, but that's still some time until you can book them...

Very good! That probably did save you a few dollars. We're planning to get APs again next week, so I hope the increase does hold out until August.

What are the dates? Jill and I are keeping fingers crossed for a girls' trip in October. We have the room booked, if she can get off. This will be during the week of October 19th, but it won't be the whole week. It'll be either weekend and the three days after or before it. most likely.

I am hoping to get in some Dis Meets this trip. At one time, MeMom mentioned that people were watching fireworks at the Poly on the 31st, so perhaps I will get to meet some fellow Disers! :woohoo:

We will be there, and I think Brook and Lauren are for sures. Anyone else I see that is going at that time, I will invite to come on over. I hope you do come. It'll be lots of fun the more people there are! :)

Whooo hoooo for park tickets!! I'd LOVE to go for 10 days!! NICE!!! :cool1::dance3::cool1:

You would love ten days. That's what we do on our summer trips, and it is so nice. You get plenty of rest time and it just makes it nicer for everyone, especially with little ones and grumpy men. :laughing:

We like our ten day trips so much that we're thinking of adding two more days onto next summer and seeing how we feel about twelve! We want to go to SeaWorld, since we haven't been in many years, and we'd like a day to drive over to the coast and see the Space Center, but we don't want to sacrifice any Disney time.

I think it's great when I see people who get to stay for 14-18 days. Now that would be awesome! Then we could do plenty of Disney, SeaWorld, the coast, some other things in Orlando...aaaah, yeah, that would be nice!

What are the dates? Jill and I are keeping fingers crossed for a girls' trip in October. We have the room booked, if she can get off. This will be during the week of October 19th, but it won't be the whole week. It'll be either weekend and the three days after or before it. most likely.

October 1 -- 4th -- I was able to score one of the discounted rooms -- CBR for $96 a night. We are very excited about it! We've haven't been to Disney without children since 1995, and we haven't had a trip by ourselves since 2004. I wish our dates matched up, though.

Very good! That probably did save you a few dollars. We're planning to get APs again next week, so I hope the increase does hold out until August.

We will be there, and I think Brook and Lauren are for sures. Anyone else I see that is going at that time, I will invite to come on over. I hope you do come. It'll be lots of fun the more people there are! :)

You would love ten days. That's what we do on our summer trips, and it is so nice. You get plenty of rest time and it just makes it nicer for everyone, especially with little ones and grumpy men. :laughing:

We like our ten day trips so much that we're thinking of adding two more days onto next summer and seeing how we feel about twelve! We want to go to SeaWorld, since we haven't been in many years, and we'd like a day to drive over to the coast and see the Space Center, but we don't want to sacrifice any Disney time.

I think it's great when I see people who get to stay for 14-18 days. Now that would be awesome! Then we could do plenty of Disney, SeaWorld, the coast, some other things in Orlando...aaaah, yeah, that would be nice!

Hi MeMom! I need to make it out to your TR and PTR again, I am sure I am about 100 pages behind at this point! :rotfl:

That would be great to meet other Disers; when we get closer to the time, I'll have to give you my cell number so we can text about details. :thumbsup2

I would also LOVE to stay for 2 weeks or more; that is a dream I have! I think it would be so great to be able to relax and not feel rushed; don't get me wrong, 9 nights is AWESOME but wow, a longer trip would be sweet! :woohoo:

Whooo hoooo for park tickets!! I'd LOVE to go for 10 days!! NICE!!! :cool1::dance3::cool1:

Hey Becky! Yes, we're excited to be going for 9 nights. Our original trip was 6 nights, but the plane tickets coming home on Saturday and Sunday were OUTRAGEOUS, so we decided to fly back Monday instead. And heck, for a few extra days in Florida, I can sacrifice. :rotfl:

Fantastic!! :cool1::cool1: Now you have tickets, flights and accomodation sorted out! The only thing missing is ADRs, but that's still some time until you can book them...

Hi Magdalen! (Oh, I hope I spelled your name right - sorry if I didn't!)

Yes, I feel so much better that plans are coming into place now. I think we can make our ADRs the last week of September, so clearly I have lots of time to ponder that. :lmao: We have a short list of "must-do" and another slightly longer list of "maybes" so hopefully we can come to an agreement!

October 1 -- 4th -- I was able to score one of the discounted rooms -- CBR for $96 a night. We are very excited about it! We've haven't been to Disney without children since 1995, and we haven't had a trip by ourselves since 2004. I wish our dates matched up, though.

Score! :thumbsup2 That is a great deal! I love to travel anyway, but when I get a good deal, somehow that makes it even more enjoyable and fun! ;)

This sounds like a great trip for you guys; I think it's important for couples to get away together every now and again without the kiddies. They'll understand when they get older and have families of their own! :goodvibes

So I found some more cute items that I just had to share. :cool1: If you'll remember from posts back, I was deciding on swimsuits. To recap, I decided to get this suit - how cute will that be in the AKL pool?!

277085_AH08_LF_VET.jpg

I also found another top that has a skirt with the bottoms sewn in...and I can wear that with my giraffe-print top! :woohoo: Awesome! Here is the top and the swim bottoms of that suit:

Top1.jpg

Bottom1.jpg

Now onto shoes :goodvibes I thought these would be so cute for being around the pool:
WaterShoes.jpg

And now my favorite part...I found the cutest sweater - how darling is that?! And how perfect is it for an ADR at Coral Reef? :yay:
PinkSweater.jpg

Plus, Lands End (where this is all from) has a free shipping sale right now - score! :thumbsup2 I am excited to get my new purchases!

Great shopping!! :thumbsup2 The swim suits are really cute. And I love the seahorse cardigan! :goodvibes

Vacation shopping is great isn't it. I love to do it, even though I know that mostly I don't really need those things, it just adds to the excitement for the trip!

Very cute stuff. I'm a big fan of cardigans, but a good one is so hard to find. The right materials, the right fit, the right color---I'm thinking I should open a store that just sells cardigans, it would make my life a whole lot easier. :rotfl:

Great shopping!! :thumbsup2 The swim suits are really cute. And I love the seahorse cardigan! :goodvibes

Vacation shopping is great isn't it. I love to do it, even though I know that mostly I don't really need those things, it just adds to the excitement for the trip!

Yes, I love vacation shopping! I have even picked up a few high SPF things of sunscreen - crazy I know, but if it's on sale and I see it, it's going in the vacation bag!

Love the new purchases -- new vacation clothes are always so much fun!

Oh so much fun! :) I counted yesterday and I have no less than 11 WDW / Mickey shirts...and since we are going to be there for 9 nights, I could wear one each day, but I think of course I will find a few new things between now and then to take along!

I am going to TRY and not bring a ton of clothes since we will have a washer/dryer in the room, but I am a dork and like to have a special outfit for each day - like anyone cares but me! :laughing:

Awesome! LOVE the sweater..how cute!!

Isn't that the cutest?! I saw that and thought, "Ring it up, it's mine!" :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter