All I want for Christmas is a trip to see Mickey PTR - August 2011

nu2wdisneyw

Mouseketeer
Hello DISers!! :wave2:
Welcome to my PTR!!! This is my 2nd report and my 2nd trip that I will be planning for my family! Our first trip was in August 2009....WAAAAYYYYY to long ago for me :sad2:!! I am glad that you are joining me....I hope you stick around for the long haul. We have 8 WHOLE months together!!! Well let the planning BEGIN!!!

So, how did this trip come about?? Well my DH and I were talking about what to get the boys for Christmas...believe it or not they didnt ask for much (a sign that they don't need anything :rotfl:), when they idea of a trip to Disney came up. DH said "instead of getting them meaningless stuff, why don't you just book another trip to Disney and give it to them for Christmas?" OMG ~ did he just say that?? A man after my heart :lovestruc! He did not have to tell me twice...I was on the computer book my trip as soon as we were done with our conversation!!! :surfweb:

So here are the deets:
When: August 20, 2011 - August 27, 2011
Where: POP Century w/free dining upgraded to Regular(we may change resorts)
We have Basic MYW passes w/waterparks and more added....not sure about Hoppers yet.

I am TOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. And even more excited that they will help me with all of the planning!!!

So the big reveal will be Christmas Morning...I am trying to plan it out now! I can't wait to share with pics...and maybe video!

'Til next time....

Up next....Cast and Crew

Sounds like you have a fun trip in the making! I can't wait to hear about the big reveal! Definitely subbing! :thumbsup2

SOOOOOO glad you are joining in for the FUN!!! I am still figuring out the reveal...I have to make it good though! :goodvibes

Anxiously awaiting the cast list! popcorn::

One thing you could do for the big reveal would be to hide clues in Easter eggs around the house and after they find all the eggs something inside would say "You're going to Disney World" or something similar...

Sorry for the delay. I have been running around like a MAD woman doing my VERY last minute shopping....:eek:!

So where were we???

Oh yeah....INTRODUCTIONS!! Who will be taking the AMAZING trip with us?

Well lets just start with me...

103.jpg

You can call me Stephanie! I am a LOVER of Disney...and didnt become obessesed with it until much later in life! I work FT in Human Resources...and when I am not working and being a wife and mother, I help others to lose weight and make extra money as a Team Beachbody Coach! I LOVE my life and the life that we are building for our family...let's just say I am seeing A LOT more Disney in our future!!

Favorite Disney charater: Tink, of course...I LOVE her Sass!!
Favorite Theme Park: Magic Kingdom...the sight of the castle brings tears to my eyes!

Then there is the MAN of our house:

LasVegas003.jpg

My loving DH, Jeff! He is learning to love Disney as well. He is not as obessesed with it as me...but he was the one that suggested that we go on the trip this year! So here I am planning another trip for our family! He just likes to see us happy...I love him sooooo much :lovestruc!!!

Favorite Character: Mickey
Favorite Theme Park: Disney Hollywood Studios

Now on to our little one:

Day2009.jpg

My oldest son...we will call him Donald! He is tooo cool for his own good! First year in middle school...and trying to grow out of the little boy stage. He TALKS alllllll day...seriously I dont think he ever shuts up...:rotfl:! He's looking forward to another trip that he can talk about forever (those are the stories I LOVE to hear :goodvibes)

Favorite Character: Donald Duck
Favorite Theme Park: Disney Hollywood Studios

Day2007.jpg

And the baby....Lil Mickey! He ABSOLUTELY loves Disney...he had sooooo much fun and he has been dying to go back since we left! I can't wait to see the excitment on his face when he finds out the we are going back. We had problems with getting him to ride the rides...but he will be 2 years older, so maybe it wony be so bad :lmao:!

Favorite Character: Mickey Mouse
Favorite Theme Park: Magic Kingdom

Here is a picture of our family from our last trip to Disney in 2009:
Day2023.jpg

So there's our cast....

Up next...How I am going to reveal the trip to them!!

What a gorgeous family you have! Dare I say the boys are cute? I guess I'll have to go with handsome!

Please update soon with the big reveal! I can't wait to see what you decided on doing!

Merry Christmas Everyone...I know you are "lurking"!! ;)

SOOOOOOO....Today was the BIG reveal day!!!

Let's just say this...

Yeah...they did not get as excited...actually there was NO excitement at all....:confused3!

So what did I do...well I redecorated their entire bathroom....Mickey theme of course. It's the CUTEST!! I love it...there was MORE excitement about that then the trip. I decorated while they were sleep...so that was the first thing they saw when they woke up this morning.

Anywoo...So I got 2 big boxes and I put balloons in them...I had tags attached to the end of the balloons that read "We are going back to Disney World". So when they opened the boxes the balloons floated out, and there was like no reaction.....:sad2:. I think it has something to do with the fact that we are not going until August...they were more excited to play the Kinect. Nothing like instant gratification...:rotfl:!

I will post pictures of their bathroom later....it is soooooo cute!

Sorry they weren't as excited as you about the trip, I'm sure they'll be excited as the trip gets closer! I can't wait to see pictures of the bathroom!

Have you thought about where you want to make ADRs for?

Can't wait to hear more about the trip surprise! We're probably heading back to Disney in August, too.

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter