All I Got Was A Lousy T-Shirt. . .(SleepyD's WetnWild Shower Fan Club -16 Feb 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepydog25

Been here awhile
Pink Nails in the Sunset

Payback is a. . .well. . .it rhymes with witch. You don’t believe me?
Take a look at this picture.

Yes. Those are my feet. No. I’m not female. Yes. I am a father. And this won’t be the end of it, either. I can see it now. “Daddy, I want a horse for my birthday” or “Dad, will you take me and all my friends to Disney World for a week?” or even, “Dad, I have my eye on that 2016 Mustang that goes 0-60 in 2 seconds. I want one.” In fact, I can see the following conversation taking place in the, hopefully, distant future.
“Daddy. This is Johnny. I love him, and he loves me. We want to get married.”

“Well, that’s great, hon. Does he have a job?”

“No.”

“What does he do?”

“He goes with The Mocking Heads rock band on tour.”

“Oh, so he’s a musician!”

“Uh, no. He just likes to follow them around and camp out in that VW van over there.”

“I see.”

“Thing is, I want a big, big wedding.”

“But—“

“Dad! You and Mom promised me! You said you’d make it up to me. . .no matter what

“Sigh. . .yes, dear. . .”

Let me back up. I can see that I’ve jumped ahead just a little. Time to hit the rewind button. All stories must set the stage. . .give the reader some backdrop against which to judge the experience, to understand the motivations of the characters. So, let’s start with the main players in this saga:

Princess – She of the golden tresses, the winsome smile, the electric blue eyes, and the former (and likely to be again) Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique royalty. She is the focus of the introduction above—age 6

Doc – she is what her name implies. Planning and organization are her strengths. . .that and getting me to do all the grunt work for our trips. She has the vision—I have the shoulders. It was her--some would say--infatuation with going on a Disney cruise that propell(er)ed us to book the trip in the first place. She saw the Travel Channel documentary on the making of the Disney Magic and the rest, as they say, is history. A deer in headlights is nothing like a dear in cruise lights. Trust me. Age: younger than me.

Sleepydog – that would be me. The former superduperysecretagentman (they gave me a number and took away my name, so I quit). Known to some as SleepyD, SunnyD, SD, Dog, Sleepy, and occasionally Haiku Master (hey, I’m just reporting what I’ve read, okay? I’m not saying that it’s true). Like Jeremiah, I also help people drink some wine. . .and I always have some mighty fine wine. Age: unimportant.

Mumma – pronounced MOO-ma (Finnish for grandmother).

Paappa – pronounced BOP-pa (Finnish for grandfather). These are Doc’s parents; they are a wonderful, loving, caring couple. . .and they live minutes away. That is a good thing. No, really.

ZippiDee & DooDah – They are little stuffed animals that Princess gave to us. Their significance will be seen later.

There you have it: the main characters in this epic narrative. Of course, you are no closer to understanding the opening of this report than you were moments ago. . .unless. . .you are very intuitive. Or. You know me. So endeth the prologue. I hope your interest has been piqued just a wee bit, for there will be more chapters to come. . .with pics. . .promise. Next up: Family Doc Seeks Flying Dutchman: How Johnny Depp Cost Me Thousands of Dollars.

This should be one interesting trip report!!! :lmao:

okay, you have officially given "Royal Vizier" and "zweihund" a run for their money!! I feel a battle of the TR's coming on pirate: .....all good natured, of course ;)

Let the games begin!!! (and please, please don't take too long :rolleyes1 )

Joyce

nice intro and my hubby has also been subjected to painted toenails....you guys just don't know what you are in for! ;)

:wave2:
Wow! so this is the cruise report board (looks around)
Nice. I could get used to this.....

I am here because I think SD is indeed at least a haiku knight if not a full fledged master.... and because I am a sucker for a good narrative drama...

so popcorn::

bring it on....

Cripes D!!!!

It took you long enough to get the link in your signature and I'm treated to a vision of your feet???????

Eeeeeeewwwww!!!!!!

Thanks-ever-so-much!!!!

DAWG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome start! :thumbsup2 I love a man that gets in touch with his feminine side! And isn't afraid to show it. You rock, like granite and and the Stones! :banana: :banana: :banana: Now put a little color in that link, so it really stands out!!!!!!!!!!!!

famof8 said:
okay, you have officially given "Royal Vizier" and "zweihund" a run for their money!! I feel a battle of the TR's coming on pirate: .....all good natured, of course ;)

Let the games begin!!! (and please, please don't take too long :rolleyes1 )

Joyce
To be compared to those two Trip Meisters :worship: is grand company, indeed! I am not worthy. . .though I shall strive to become a grasshopper to their masters. . .and I shall attempt to be worthy of your comparisons.

TM said:
I am here because I think SD is indeed at least a haiku knight if not a full fledged master.... and because I am a sucker for a good narrative drama...

so popcorn::

bring it on....
Welcome and heartfelt thanks, Twinks! And. Yes, there shall be a haiku or two along the way. . .and who said anything about drama? :lmao:

Verandah Man (love that name!), msaseifert, grumpydude, and lillygator, thanks for the initial encouragement and interest. If it helps, there will be plenty o' pics. . .and not all of them feet. . .promise. . .

sherman said:
Cripes D!!!!

It took you long enough to get the link in your signature and I'm treated to a vision of your feet???????

Eeeeeeewwwww!!!!!!

Thanks-ever-so-much!!!!
They smell better than they look. . .
horseypony said:
DAWG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome start! :thumbsup2 I love a man that gets in touch with his feminine side! And isn't afraid to show it.
Now, if I could only stop and ask directions. . .
momsully said:
I can't wait to read the rest!
Mom! Yes, you guys will have honorable mentions, too. . .;)

Sleepydog, this has got to be the most unusual and intriguing intros to a report that I've read since starting on these boards. So glad I clicked on the link and can't wait to read the rest... :thumbsup2

famof8 said:
Originally Posted by famof8
okay, you have officially given "Royal Vizier" and "zweihund" a run for their money!! I feel a battle of the TR's coming on .....all good natured, of course

sleepydog25 said:
To be compared to those two Trip Meisters :worship: is grand company, indeed! I am not worthy. . .though I shall strive to become a grasshopper to their masters. . .and I shall attempt to be worthy of your comparisons.

How did my name get dragged into this? :confused3 I don't personally know sleepydog25, but I'm thinking I may know him by association as I see some familiar faces around here.

I agree... this TR is gonna be good, I can tell. What's not to look forward to with a prologue like that? Bring it! :banana:

:lmao: This is gonna be fun. I can tell. I am already laughing at the painted toenails. Simply b/c my 4 y.o. would TOTALLY do that to DH, and I know he'd let her. :teeth:

I'm still wading through the WDW part of our trip, but I'll be up with our TR here from the same crusie too.

I'm surprised that painted toenails are all SD got as penance for what he did to the DD :rotfl2:

Well I certainly didn't expect painted toe nails in this "lousy t-shirt" TR! :rotfl:

I'm definately in and anticipating more! :hyper:

OK, I'm biting...how could I not when the hook is baited like this? :teeth:

Looking forward to more...the toenails are a nice touch, by the way!

Cue the Carly Simon music here......"Anticipaaaation......anticiiiiiipaaation.....".

We're all waiting!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter