All Gauranteed Boardwalk Views gone the first day !!!

Dumbo said:
Hi Debbie,

Greetings from the banks of the Monongahela River.

Actually, I did call on the first day, Jan. 9, but I kept getting a busy signal. I couldn't even get answered to get put on hold. I gave up and just decided to call the next day. By the way, all the standard view studios were also gone when I called on Jan. 10.

I'm just happy that I am staying at BWV for the entire 7 nights. I'm confident the waitlist will come through, if not I'll just change rooms.

Dumbo

Good luck to you on the waitlist. You should be near the top, I hope it works out.

Happy day in Steeler Country!!!!!! :banana: :cheer2: :dancer:

MiaSRN62 said:
Can one be guaranteed a "pool" view at BWV ? I thought this was a request ? I stayed on preferred points at BWV in '03 and got the valet parking lot view. I would have much preferred the pool view----so I was just wondering if one can guarantee this view ? Thanks for any info.

Pool and garden view are all the preferred views other than boardwalk view and about 85% of the combined pool/garden views are a pool view (Luna Park or the quiet pool)and thus you are likely to get it.

You say you reserved a preferred view in 2003 and got a view overlooking the valet parking area. Do you have all of your records for that including the ability to show you were charged preferred view points and your room numbers and room receipt to show you had the valet stand view? The reason is that the valet stand view has always been been part of the standard view rooms and if you were given that with preferred points, they should, upon your complaining about it, refund the extra points required for the preferred view.

Also, for the original poster who got waitlisted for a boardwalk view studio in early December even though calling 11 months out. Call again in 2 or 3 months. December is a high DVC demand time and thus the possibility exists that all may fill quickly. But when calling 11 months out for a studio, you have another issue. During that 11 month out period, they will hold most of the two bedroom units (all lock-offs) for people who may want to order a 2BR and thus the studios that are "all full" are mostly dedicated studios. As they see more of what the demand actually turns out to be for 2BRs as time passes, they may start opening up those as separate studios and 1BRs. Thus, it is possible to get a studio later even though they are seemingly all full at 11-months out.

I called Members services late this past week to bank points. The CM told me that last Monday (Jan 9) they had 100 calls on hold by 9:05 AM. I am sure a lot of people were on hold or getting busy signals. She strongly urged that I call day-by-day for our Dec 16 - 23 stay.

You say you reserved a preferred view in 2003 and got a view overlooking the valet parking area. Do you have all of your records for that including the ability to show you were charged preferred view points and your room numbers and room receipt to show you had the valet stand view? The reason is that the valet stand view has always been been part of the standard view rooms and if you were given that with preferred points, they should, upon your complaining about it, refund the extra points required for the preferred view.
Drusba,
I'd have to go dig through old records. I know I keep all of those things usually. When we returned from this trip though I call MS to question whether our view was a PV room. They put me on a 3-way with BWV and they all confirmed that since I had a view of the canal under us, this was a "water view" and considered preferred. I took it no further after that. It was true I could see the canal if I stood out on the balcony, but the primary view was no doubt, the parking lot. When we sat inside our room, the parking lot was the only thing we could see. MS and BWV didn't see it my way so it was dropped.
I plan to request "pool view" should we stay there again. Had a nice stay at BWV, just didn't agree with their categorization of room views.
Thanks. I believe in this situation, I lived and learned...............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter