All Gauranteed Boardwalk Views gone the first day !!!

Dumbo

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I called MS today, Tuesday Jan. 10, 2006 , at 9:05 A.M. to make a reservation at my home resort Boardwalk Villas for a Boardwalk View Studio for 7 nights arriving Saturday Dec. 2, checking out Saturday Dec. 9, 2006.

I got a gauranteed boardwalk view studio for the first and last day. (Saturday night and the following Friday night) The 5 weekday nights were all taken. I had to waitlist for the 5 weekday nights.

Remember, I called on Jan. 10. How much closer at the 11 month window can you get ? The 5 weekdays were all gone the day before on Jan. 9 !!!

Dumbo

This would have been the time to call day by day. I hope your waitlist comes through. Actually, your post answered a question for me, I was thinking about springing for a BW view for my December trip, and yup, I better call day by day.

Are you waitlisting one day at a time or for the whole period. As risky as it sounds, I think I would go for the day by day.

Bobbi :flower:

Bobbi,

Thanks for your concern. I'm on the automatic wait list day by day. I have a preferred pool view for the 5 weekdays now. I still can't believe the 5 weekdays, Dec. 3--Dec. 8, were gone on Jan. 9.

Dumbo

This is a very popular time, I always did day by day when I went that time of year, especially for standard or boardwalk view.

If your checkout is Dec 9, why didn't you call on Jan 9?

For a day by day reservation, she would have had to start on Jan 3rd, to reserve the night of Dec 2nd, and so on until the reservation was completed.

TCPluto said:
For a day by day reservation, she would have had to start on Jan 3rd, to reserve the night of Dec 2nd, and so on until the reservation was completed.

Right, his last night was 12/8, checking out on 12/9, so he could have called for the entire reservation on 1/9, not 1/10.

I have a preferred pool view
Can one be guaranteed a "pool" view at BWV ? I thought this was a request ? I stayed on preferred points at BWV in '03 and got the valet parking lot view. I would have much preferred the pool view----so I was just wondering if one can guarantee this view ? Thanks for any info.

MiaSRN62 said:
Can one be guaranteed a "pool" view at BWV ? I thought this was a request ? I stayed on preferred points at BWV in '03 and got the valet parking lot view. I would have much preferred the pool view----so I was just wondering if one can guarantee this view ? Thanks for any info.

I think it's actually preferred pool/garden view. They probably called yours "garden", even though I agree that wasn't right.

My wife thought I was crazy to call in day by day for a 2BR BW view for 12/3 -> 12/7, guess I was right to do it that way. Sorry you didn't get your request, hopefully the pixie dust will be coming your way.

Oh, and I waited until we were just 1 week in the 11 month booking period to try for a SV studio at BWV, and I'm waitlisted for 11/22nd. I could scream. Everyone in my party has a place for the night, but I'm just keeping the waitlist for a bit more. Before the 7 month period comes, I will go to PV, if they're booked, then I'll really scream, but the points are all being borrowed!!

Bobbi :flower:

When I booked our early Dec 05 trip last year (1 bdr boardwalk view)I called the first available day and was strongly urged to book day by day. I was so happy that I didn't believe my guide when he said I could get BWV boardwalk view in early Dec at 7 mos "no problem." Of course he was trying to sell me SSR- ;) .

I booked a BWV standard view for Oct 06 and called the first day. I asked MS if I needed to call day by day and she said "yes, unless you want to move during your stay." Needless to say, I called day by day. :)

OP----don't give up hope on getting your waitlist. I didn't call this past year until the 6 month mark and was immediately offered a 1 BR BWV Boardwalk view for Dec 16-22nd. Never dreamt we'd be able to even get into BWV let alone get a Boardwalk view. Needless to say we took it and enjoyed our 6 nights so much that we're going back next month!

I called day by day for my 2 bdrm boardwalk view in late Oct also. And with the popularity for that time frame in early Dec with the DVCers, I'm not surprised they went so fast. I had to waitlist for my late Nov/early Dec studio at BWV last year...and I called at the 6 month window, dopey head that I am. I think that the late fall/early winter is becoming very popular!!!

I am planning a trip for Dec 10 -17th at OKW. Is there any need to reserve day by day for a 1 bedroom or am I pretty safe waiting to reserve it all at once? I know it's not as necessary as for BWV, but I just wanted to know if OKW is that busy in December as well.

Thanks!

I'm also on the waitlist for Dec. 3 for 2 - 1 bedrooms. Waited until the 10th to try to book Dec. 3 - 10 and it was too late. I hated the idea of bugging MS every day but I will not make that mistake again. If waitlist doesn't come through, we'll just do a 6 day vacation instead. Hope that discounted MVMCP tickets are offered on one of the 6 days we have reserved.

We're booked into a preferred view studio BWV 12/5-12/11 and on the waitlist to change it to a BoardWalk view. I figure if we haven't gotten the BW view by the 7 month mark, I might try changing it to BCV instead to have Stormalong Bay...otherwise, I'm sure we'll be fine in our preferred view.

JT's World said:
I am planning a trip for Dec 10 -17th at OKW. Is there any need to reserve day by day for a 1 bedroom or am I pretty safe waiting to reserve it all at once? I know it's not as necessary as for BWV, but I just wanted to know if OKW is that busy in December as well.

Thanks!
Assuming you are an OKW owner and are calling at your 11 month window, one call will be sufficient.

FWIW, one call is actually sufficent for BWV, too - unless you are calling for a standard view or a Boardwalk view. As you have read, those book very fast - there just aren't all that many SV or BW view rooms to be had.

Best wishes -

DebbieB said:
If your checkout is Dec 9, why didn't you call on Jan 9?
Hi Debbie,

Greetings from the banks of the Monongahela River.

Actually, I did call on the first day, Jan. 9, but I kept getting a busy signal. I couldn't even get answered to get put on hold. I gave up and just decided to call the next day. By the way, all the standard view studios were also gone when I called on Jan. 10.

I'm just happy that I am staying at BWV for the entire 7 nights. I'm confident the waitlist will come through, if not I'll just change rooms.

Dumbo

Our waitlists for BW view and standard 1 bedrooms on Dec. 3 have both come through already. Good luck to those still waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter