All FP machines to be removed from Animal Kingdom by next week and....

The early bird gets the worm is absolutely "fair." How is it not? If I decide to go to a Black Friday sale but I don't feel like getting up early, is it unfair that those ahead of me in line get the product that I wanted? If I have a dentist appointment and I have car trouble, is it unfair for the dentist to see another patient because I was late? The reason a person is late to an amusement park is irrelevant. If you put the time and effort into arriving early and using the system that is available to ALL, then good for you. If not, that's your fault. That's not unfair, and I honestly can't fathom why anyone would think it is.

AMEN!
Great example. Of course the pre-planner or early bird should birthday rewarded for their efforts.

Thanks! This is helpful in thinking about strategy. I love the idea of being able to book Safari and just ride EE over and over again when we first arrive. It's my fave!

Agreed, but both our park days we rode Safari first ride, no wait, and then went to EE got FP- and rode twice in standby(5mins and 10mins wait) and then rode again with FP-. Dinosaur was our longest wait(about 20-25mins) and kali and PW were a walk on. And all the shows were completely unnecessary for FP+. We left each day by 1:30-2pm when lines started to get longer. The early bird still gets the worm, just not the FP-.:laughing: Being early was still the biggest benefit.

Are the FP machines being removed from AK next week-or is the OP's statement not true?

Physically? No. WDW doesn't remove anything until they absolutely have to (as in, need it somewhere else or need the space).

And you never know if they just might backpedal a bit...

At least they give you a little checklist so you have an idea what you might pick before you get there, instead of guessing while tying up the CM/kiosk.

You mean like how making a menu available at CS restaurants makes ordering so fast, easy and discussion-free?

;)

For those that are very upset over the new rules / offers / FP, etc. my best suggestion is to hold off traveling until everything is fully rolled out and see how everything works at that time then make the decision for your family that works best for you

Great suggestion, what about those with none refundable airfare, its not as simple as you state. this if you don't like it don't go attitude helps no one.

Hmmm no. With Chase we knew after the merger was complete and we received our new benefits packages. With the other scenario the changes were also announced after the merger was complete not before. The point is we still didn't have a choice and not all changes ANY company makes will make everyone happy

Benefits packages are not the same as a vacation that is paid for when changes are announced after the non-refundable date. People are not just randomly showing up at AK next week - the majority will have planned (and paid) for their vacation weeks if not months in advance.

And in fact, benefits are just that. Benefits. Something extra, so I'm not sure what that has to do with the conversation.

I didn't say that companies cannot make changes. But it would be nice if Disney actually communicated their changes to their "guests". And it would also be nice if they could give a little advanced notice - like at least 45 days, so people could make informed decisions about cancelling.

You mean like how making a menu available at CS restaurants makes ordering so fast, easy and discussion-free?

;)

Well, hopefully a bit more than that. :) At least some should have an idea of what they most want to ride. I don't go to MK and think, "Man, I REALLY want a cheeseburger and a coke at Pecos Bills..."

Plus, you're ordering the same thing for everybody. "I don't care, you're eating chicken nuggets because I want chicken nuggets! If you don't want them, you can wait until afterwards and THEN you can order the burger..."

You can at least be thinking about it, and hopefully have at least one less question about it when you get to the CM...

At least the pamphlet doesn't just say, "We're really going to screw up your planned day...please see a CM to find out why...", which is what it REALLY means :)

Agreed, but both our park days we rode Safari first ride, no wait, and then went to EE got FP- and rode twice in standby(5mins and 10mins wait) and then rode again with FP-. Dinosaur was our longest wait(about 20-25mins) and kali and PW were a walk on. And all the shows were completely unnecessary for FP+. We left each day by 1:30-2pm when lines started to get longer. The early bird still gets the worm, just not the FP-.:laughing: Being early was still the biggest benefit.

Oh, that is helpful info. Was AK a green day when you went?

I tell my family that WDW is a trip, not a vacation. No rolling out of bed at 9:00 AM for us! We can sleep in when we get home. Ha! Getting there early is my biggest strategy, even over FP usage.

It is fair. Thus it is fair that the people who pre book FPP at 60 days have a right to get what they get since they did it early.

On your black friday trip, is it fair when you get up early with all the others, but the TV you wanted is gone because they ran out before you could fight through the crowd? How about the ones people can buy on line with out going to the store and getting up early with you? Is that fair?

Another cliche-- life isn't fair.

Which brings us to the next fair cliche-- " you get what you pay for" which implies that the more you pay, the more you get. If Dis would have kept to this theory all along, we all wouldn't be stuck with the watered down Disney and mediocre restaurants everyone complains about today.

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at here...I never brought up the whole "fairness" issue. The post you quoted was a direct response to another poster claiming people arriving to the parks later in the day should have the same opportunities as those arriving early. I haven't said anything about the fairness of either system.

I didn't read thru all the pages…
but It has been confirmed thru DVC….AK is having the kiosks removed.

I am checking in day after xmas and DVC called to see if they could do anything to help plan my upcoming stay. This is new.
So I mentioned the fast passes, magic bands and asked about being able to book fast pass plus in afternoon and getting traditional fast passes in morning at another park.

Thats when she said Animal Kingdom is getting rid of that but I might be able to do at other parks…..At this time….

I gave lady my feedback about how this does not enhance my vacation experience.
Kerri

I tell my family that WDW is a trip, not a vacation. No rolling out of bed at 9:00 AM for us! We can sleep in when we get home. Ha! Getting there early is my biggest strategy, even over FP usage.

I agree - you can sleep when you're home. =) I was at WDW 11/28 - 12/4. Went to AK on my arrival day (recommended green park, but crowd level 9). EE had maybe a 25 min wait at 1pm and single rider was less than 10. I did have FP+ ressies for that and some other rides, but was able to ride 3 times in a row with little wait. I also started the day at AK on 12/3. It was also a green park that day. I arrived at the park b 8:25 or so and I believe they opened the park about 8:50. I walked briskly back to the safari and was the 3rd person in line about 8:55. The CM said they had to wait until 9 before they could let people on the ride. Obviously I got on the first ride out and then went on over to EE and rode it 3 times in a row again....it was walk on...I could have ridden it more, but my brain was feeling a little weird. =) Saw the Festival of the Lion King, Met Minnie and Mickey and Pooh and Tigger and was on my way out of the park by 11:30. If you are hopping to a different park, you might want to skip FP+ and just get there before the park opens and ride while lines are short. Not sure what advice to give you if you are staying all day. Obviously, it would be great to have FP+ for the afternoon, but who knows how long those kiosk lines are going to be. Good luck!

Crowd levels on Tourplanning and easyWWDW were 8s both days we were there. Don't think it really felt like an 8 though. I had all these plans to run for FP- and maneuver around the park like navy seals to hit rides in a very strategic way, but we ended up just going with the flow. The only regret was I wish I would have got a FP- for was Dinosaur since we were tooling around Dinoland anyways. The posted wait was 15 mins on the app, but by the time we went over there it was 25mins. Not that bad, but it was my only misstep of the day. My DH always makes fun of my planning so he was like..."What is this a line...did our meticulous planning not account for this. What an over site, you better post it immediately." LOL. He's a real joker!

I will be very curious to see how many parks, if any, still have paper FP machines on January 7th.

I can't believe any are still there. Disney should have covered those things up by now and let everybody have a shot at picking their times.

The "press release" type stuff is selling this as off site guests finally get there chance to try this new system.

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at here...I never brought up the whole "fairness" issue. The post you quoted was a direct response to another poster claiming people arriving to the parks later in the day should have the same opportunities as those arriving early. I haven't said anything about the fairness of either system.

I guess it wasn't meant to be a response directly to your post, but more an extension of the entire fairness discussion. Basically trying to show that fair is not an easy thing to quantify by the use of somewhat contradicting statements.

No intentions to offend.

The early bird gets the worm is absolutely "fair." How is it not? If I decide to go to a Black Friday sale but I don't feel like getting up early, is it unfair that those ahead of me in line get the product that I wanted? If I have a dentist appointment and I have car trouble, is it unfair for the dentist to see another patient because I was late? The reason a person is late to an amusement park is irrelevant. If you put the time and effort into arriving early and using the system that is available to ALL, then good for you. If not, that's your fault. That's not unfair, and I honestly can't fathom why anyone would think it is.

I'll try to help you with your dilemma...

Lets look at what you stated. If you go to a black friday sale and get there early to buy a product and it's already gone, it's not unfair because you were not out any money.

If you are late to the dentist office and the dentist sees someone else because you were late (and didn't call) then its not unfair as you were not out any money since no dental work was done on you.

But, if someone decides to arrive at a disney park later than you and because of it can't get any FP- tickets for the really popular rides, then it "IS" unfair to them because they "PAID" the same amount that you did to get into the park that day. They are paying for a service that you can get and they can't. In your first two examples, you are not paying for anything.

Therefore, disney decided to institute the new FP+ system so that, amongst other things, eveyone has the same chance at getting a FP+ reservation regardless of what time they decide to arrive at the parks. Disney doesn't state anywhere that you should arrive at rope drop and if you don't you may not get the full value of your paid park admission.

You being a "rope drop" person and accusing people who aren't of being at fault is at best laughable. And more likely, self centered and elitist.

Hope that clears that up for you.

Lets look at what you stated. If you go to a black friday sale and get there early to buy a product and it's already gone, it's not unfair because you were not out any money.

If you are late to the dentist office and the dentist sees someone else because you were late (and didn't call) then its not unfair as you were not out any money since no dental work was done on you.

But, if someone decides to arrive at a disney park later than you and because of it can't get any FP- tickets for the really popular rides, then it "IS" unfair to them because they "PAID" the same amount that you did to get into the park that day. They are paying for a service that you can get and they can't. In your first two examples, you are not paying for anything.

Therefore, disney decided to institute the new FP+ system so that, amongst other things, eveyone has the same chance at getting a FP+ reservation regardless of what time they decide to arrive at the parks. Disney doesn't state anywhere that you should arrive at rope drop and if you don't you may not get the full value of your paid park admission.

You being a "rope drop" person and accusing people who aren't of being at fault is at best laughable. And more likely, self centered and elitist.

If that's what you are going on, then that person should be at rope drop. We are both paying the same entrance fee, but the rope dropper has more hours in the park, and thus more attractions. Perhaps they should go to varied entrance fees based on arrival times since the person who arrives late gets less?

And I haven't read anywhere that Disney implemented this for "fairness". Again, they have stated that they implemented this to schedule people at a Disney park in advance. You are more likely to show up at a Disney park (and spend money) than swim or go to universal if you have FP+ reserved.

And of course Disney doesn't tell you to arrive at rope drop. The person who arrives later in the day costs less money than the one who is there all day.

I'll try to help you with your dilemma... Lets look at what you stated. If you go to a black friday sale and get there early to buy a product and it's already gone, it's not unfair because you were not out any money. If you are late to the dentist office and the dentist sees someone else because you were late (and didn't call) then its not unfair as you were not out any money since no dental work was done on you. But, if someone decides to arrive at a disney park later than you and because of it can't get any FP- tickets for the really popular rides, then it "IS" unfair to them because they "PAID" the same amount that you did to get into the park that day. They are paying for a service that you can get and they can't. In your first two examples, you are not paying for anything. Therefore, disney decided to institute the new FP+ system so that, amongst other things, eveyone has the same chance at getting a FP+ reservation regardless of what time they decide to arrive at the parks. Disney doesn't state anywhere that you should arrive at rope drop and if you don't you may not get the full value of your paid park admission. You being a "rope drop" person and accusing people who aren't of being at fault is at best laughable. And more likely, self centered and elitist. Hope that clears that up for you.

You don't pay to ride TSMM you pay to enter Hollywood Studios. If you choose to sleep in than you are also choosing to forfeit your chances at getting a fast pass. Sound fair to me.

So now you know my touring strategy and I'm also self-centered and elitist? Wow. You're so misinformed and rude I will not even bother to show you the massive errors in your analysis. It's seriously not worth my time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter