All FP machines to be removed from Animal Kingdom by next week and....

Because Disney seems to be changing the rules at the drop of a hat with no warning!!!!

Geez. Do you let every company treat you this way or just Disney?

ALL companies rules are ALWAYS subject to change. Take for example when I worked for Chase. When they bought JP Morgan and took the JP Morgan name they also took the JP morgan benefits for all of their employees instead of keeping the benefits that were available under the Chase name before the buy out / merger. Why? because the benefits weren't as great and cost the company less

When Continental and United merged they took United's rules, benefits, frequent flyer programs because United's weren't as good. The frequent flyer benefits of Continental were much better than United but we do not have a choice because of where we live and the options for non-stop flights and costs from our local airport

Why would you think that we have a choice if we still want to visit Disney World. If you no longer want to visit that is your choice.

To me it doesn't matter what the company ultimately decides. We can email guest communications and let them know of our displeasure over some things. They may change some but as always whatever changes they ultimately make there will always be people that aren't happy. If they fix it and person A is satisfied doesn't mean person B will be and preferred it the other way and so on

For those that are very upset over the new rules / offers / FP, etc. my best suggestion is to hold off traveling until everything is fully rolled out and see how everything works at that time then make the decision for your family that works best for you

While I do not agree with some of the new rules we will continue to travel to Disney World. Maybe not as long, maybe not as often. For our family it is the time we spend together as a family at a destination we enjoy. We may be different but I am sure the same as many on these boards which have visited many times and the rides are second to how we vacation now. We do our favorites maybe re-visit something we haven't done in a while and spend more time at the resort then the parks. We do travel elsewhere and WDW is not our only vacation location

Note that any answers here could change tomorrow. Or in 5 minutes. :) Only on the inside. I'm not 100% sure of the placement, as the only time I was near them I was running a 5k :) But there are supposed to be some at Guest Relations, Disney Outfitters, Kali, Everest, and Primeval Whirl. All inside. Presumably they will have a batallion of CMs with portable units as well for the test. You will need an RFID ticket media. If you still have a paper ticket, you will need to go to a ticket booth to get it converted. It remains to be seen exactly, but from all indications, you will only be able to do things in the park, and only for that day, even if they are linked. You may be able to see your selections in the app, but it is uncertain whether you will be able to make changes (I did the Swan/Dolphin test, and couldn't). I don't know, but the only one I've heard actually being a problem within a couple days is TSM, so I don't think it will be an issue. 100% of Fastpass capacity will be given to Fastpass+, so there should in fact be plenty available. I have no reason to believe you would not be able to pull regular FPs anywhere else. No. However, if you visit late, your FP+ selections at that point could be quite limited due to availability. We don't know what the availability in general will look like, but it would be very interesting to know... Woohoo...just noticed I passed 16k posts! 15k about Fastpass/Fastpass+ I'm sure!

Wow! You are the FastPass Jedi Master! Thanks!

In terms of paper vs. RFID ticket, I have plastic credit-card-like tickets. Not paper. Are those the ones I need?

Wow! You are the FastPass Jedi Master! Thanks!

In terms of paper vs. RFID ticket, I have plastic credit-card-like tickets. Not paper. Are those the ones I need?

More than likely, if they are the green ones and have the "mickey in a circle" logo.

OK, first of all, I don't think anyone really believes that "early bird gets the worm" is fair. There are tons of reasons that would prevent someone from getting there early, and they should be given equal access.

The early bird gets the worm is absolutely "fair." How is it not? If I decide to go to a Black Friday sale but I don't feel like getting up early, is it unfair that those ahead of me in line get the product that I wanted? If I have a dentist appointment and I have car trouble, is it unfair for the dentist to see another patient because I was late? The reason a person is late to an amusement park is irrelevant. If you put the time and effort into arriving early and using the system that is available to ALL, then good for you. If not, that's your fault. That's not unfair, and I honestly can't fathom why anyone would think it is.

That's great, unless you have a medically fragile child who can't get to the parks early, or young kids whose routines do not necessarily jive with FP return time, etc.

And what makes you think booking 60 days out alters any of the above.
seriously these above problems don't disappear just because you have a time booked 60 days ago, this is what's wrong with this system for many people.

The early bird gets the worm is absolutely "fair." How is it not? If I decide to go to a Black Friday sale but I don't feel like getting up early, is it unfair that those ahead of me in line get the product that I wanted? If I have a dentist appointment and I have car trouble, is it unfair for the dentist to see another patient because I was late? The reason a person is late to an amusement park is irrelevant. If you put the time and effort into arriving early and using the system that is available to ALL, then good for you. If not, that's your fault. That's not unfair, and I honestly can't fathom why anyone would think it is.

I completely agree! Your Black Friday comparison is spot-on. I arrive at stores early on BF, armed with a plan and a list. Those who choose to sleep miss out. This is completely fair.

All through every day life we have to weigh the benefits of making the effort to arrive early vs dealing with the challenges of arriving late. I have season tickets to my local hockey team. If I want the best parking and to avoid the lines at concessions, I need to arrive early. If I choose not to, that is my choice, and I do not expect any perks. If I arrive at church really close to the start of the service, I risk standing at the back and parking at the back lot. Again, completely in my control and at no one's fault but my own. I'm heading to the post office tomorrow to mail out packages. I plan on going at lunch time, fully knowing there will be a long line. Is it unfair that someone who arrives right when it opens gets in and out quickly? Not at all.

I get my family up early at WDW to arrive at Rope Drop. Yep, we ride a ton of rides and pull FPs. The benefits of making the effort...

My daughter is a cast member at AK. she told me today that as of this Wednesday, there will be no more paper fast passes at AK. Anyone can still get a fast pass at the kiosks.

While body surfing the waves outside of Ocean Deck I had a 5 foot shark roll up on top of me. It makes me want to just stick my feet in, at least for now. ;)

And I have to be honest...I would totally choose FP+ over the shark scenario again.:thumbsup2

Now that's what you call a scary ride.

Thanks for this. I still have questions.

I plan on making rope drop. Where are FP+ kiosks located? Are any at the turnstiles? The kiosks are very limited when we were there at Thanksgiving. I would imagine there will be many CMs with handheld devices that I would approach right out of the gate if I were you.
I don't have MBs. Will there be a way to swipe my park ticket at the FP return line? How will I be let in to the FP return line? You will need the RFID ticket to enable FP+ machines to read. Convert ASAP if needed.
I've linked my tickets to MDE. Will I be able to make the FP+ selection via MDE before going to the park, or only at the park? This is great! Since you have the app there may be a way once you have entered the park to use the app. At the very least to see your selections and possibly make changes.
Are there any EE FP return times even left right now? I'm afraid that I'll get to the kiosks only to find all the time slots already taken. I will say that this is the best park to use for this test. We visited during Thanksgiving week, and EE had FP- and FP+ available throughout the day all week except Thanksgiving day which was gone by 2pm. I wouldn't worry about availability at this point. Esp at rope drop.
We plan on park hopping on our AK day. Will we be able to pull FP- at other parks or will we be locked in to the FP+ rules on our AK day?PH FP-has no effect on FP+
If we visit AK in the afternoon, and have pulled FP- at other parks, will we be locked out of making FP+ selections once we get to AK since we have already pulled FP at other parks?No
If I were you, I would find a CM quickly and try to book FP+ so as to not waste the rope drop time. We found that standby times at AK during Thanksgiving week were very low(We also arrived at rope drop). Never waited more than 20 mins. We did not utilize FP+ while there. We saved it for our evening park. Hope this helps!

If I were you, I would find a CM quickly and try to book FP+ so as to not waste the rope drop time. We found that standby times at AK during Thanksgiving week were very low(We also arrived at rope drop). Never waited more than 20 mins. We did not utilize FP+ while there. We saved it for our evening park. Hope this helps!

Thanks! This is helpful in thinking about strategy. I love the idea of being able to book Safari and just ride EE over and over again when we first arrive. It's my fave!

At least they give you a little checklist so you have an idea what you might pick before you get there, instead of guessing while tying up the CM/kiosk.

ALL companies rules are ALWAYS subject to change. Take for example when I worked for Chase. When they bought JP Morgan and took the JP Morgan name they also took the JP morgan benefits for all of their employees instead of keeping the benefits that were available under the Chase name before the buy out / merger. Why? because the benefits weren't as great and cost the company less

When Continental and United merged they took United's rules, benefits, frequent flyer programs because United's weren't as good. The frequent flyer benefits of Continental were much better than United but we do not have a choice because of where we live and the options for non-stop flights and costs from our local airport

Why would you think that we have a choice if we still want to visit Disney World. If you no longer want to visit that is your choice.

To me it doesn't matter what the company ultimately decides. We can email guest communications and let them know of our displeasure over some things. They may change some but as always whatever changes they ultimately make there will always be people that aren't happy. If they fix it and person A is satisfied doesn't mean person B will be and preferred it the other way and so on

For those that are very upset over the new rules / offers / FP, etc. my best suggestion is to hold off traveling until everything is fully rolled out and see how everything works at that time then make the decision for your family that works best for you

While I do not agree with some of the new rules we will continue to travel to Disney World. Maybe not as long, maybe not as often. For our family it is the time we spend together as a family at a destination we enjoy. We may be different but I am sure the same as many on these boards which have visited many times and the rides are second to how we vacation now. We do our favorites maybe re-visit something we haven't done in a while and spend more time at the resort then the parks. We do travel elsewhere and WDW is not our only vacation location

The difference btw the companies you outlined and WDW is that they let their employees and customers know ahead of time. I am sure they did not spring this on you at the last minute.

Thanks! This is helpful in thinking about strategy. I love the idea of being able to book Safari and just ride EE over and over again when we first arrive. It's my fave!

Just hope that everyone else isn't using the same strategy or your over and over will turn into once.

It is fair. Thus it is fair that the people who pre book FPP at 60 days have a right to get what they get since they did it early.

On your black friday trip, is it fair when you get up early with all the others, but the TV you wanted is gone because they ran out before you could fight through the crowd? How about the ones people can buy on line with out going to the store and getting up early with you? Is that fair?

Another cliche-- life isn't fair.

Which brings us to the next fair cliche-- " you get what you pay for" which implies that the more you pay, the more you get. If Dis would have kept to this theory all along, we all wouldn't be stuck with the watered down Disney and mediocre restaurants everyone complains about today.

The difference btw the companies you outlined and WDW is that they let their employees and customers know ahead of time. I am sure they did not spring this on you at the last minute.

Hmmm no. With Chase we knew after the merger was complete and we received our new benefits packages. With the other scenario the changes were also announced after the merger was complete not before. The point is we still didn't have a choice and not all changes ANY company makes will make everyone happy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter