All booked, 23 nights in August

Portugal1000

DIS Veteran
So all booked for our longest holiday yet (only by 1 night!)

Flying American Airlines on 6th August, actually booked with US Airways but code share. Never flown AA before but have been able to book my seats. Paid £625 each. £200 more than Delta last year but just couldn't hold on anymore.

First night undecided, will look for a cheap suite, hopefully Homewood Suites nearer the time.

Then 7 nights at Tradewinds Island Grand at St Petes beach in a one bedroom suite. Dont even want to think about how much it cost ($284 a night) but that still alot cheaper than other places I have seen. There seems to be lots going on and I think my 13 year old son will love it and he will celebrate his birthday there on 12th.

Then back to Orlando for 15 nights at my all time favourite resort Wyndham Bonnet Creek. This will be our 6th visit and love it more each year.

Also one night booked at Royal Pacific on 19th August to take advantage of Express pass and early entry to Universal. We wont check out of Bonnet Creek and my husband will probably still go back there in the evening. Booked through Thomas Cook £151 with 11% cash back. Cheaper than last year when it cost me £215, so happy with that.

Just the car to sort out. Paid £415 for a 4x4 last year with 10% cash back so through Hertz so hoping for something similar.

Also need to decide whether to book extra leg room. $139 each, each way. Was only $79 with Delta last year.

Hope you dont mind me sharing. You know what its like telling people you are going to Florida again! Half think I'm very sad and then I sometimes feel guilty that we have so many great holidays.

Horray!!

We flew AA last year and the flight was a 3-5-3 formation, however, we booked the first row where it goes from 5 middle seats to 4. Trays & screens were in the arms but we had more legroom than PE - really comfortable flight. Had no trouble at all with them.

Have an amazing time - gutted we cannot go August but work prevents us doing so this year.

Glad to hear all booked. I'm still to book universal but thinking maybe HRH as we did RPR last year and I'm also waiting on a car hire deal. Cheapest I've found is direct with Alamo 4x4 £303 for 2 weeks but fingers crossed will come across a better deal.

We visited the Tradewinds back in 1992 on my first visit to Florida. I remember it being a really beautiful resort and being on the seafront makes it all the better too. I'm sure you'll love it there.

I'm just sat with my laptop open now planning the itinerary as I can start booking my ADR's on the 19th Feb.

I know what you mean about people's reactions though. I have a friend who said the same thing to me so I politely reminded her that she visits Tenby every year and that Florida is the same size as England and it's not like visiting Alton towers for 14 nights. You have to try it I think to understand .

Happy planning :thumbsup2

Claim your AA miles if possible, a round trip gives enough miles to get a free night hotel worth £40-50. Being 3 of us we get enough miles to get 3 free nights each time we fly AA. Its supposed to be for US residents but when using the miles I use a US address, never had a problem.

We have done a few 23 night trips, they are still not long enough, this Sept will be 22 nights for us, could have gone upto 24 nights if we had booked extra nights in Barca before the cruise but 1 night there is enough for me.

Enjoy the rest of your planning:)

We claimed our AA miles as BA Avios (you can pool everyone's points together on a family account) - with the 4 of us last year flying via Miami we had enough to hire a Full Size car (cat E) with Avis for our October trip.

Figured it was best to spend them on something that genuinely saved us money.

Claim your AA miles if possible, a round trip gives enough miles to get a free night hotel worth £40-50. Being 3 of us we get enough miles to get 3 free nights each time we fly AA. Its supposed to be for US residents but when using the miles I use a US address, never had a problem.

We have done a few 23 night trips, they are still not long enough, this Sept will be 22 nights for us, could have gone upto 24 nights if we had booked extra nights in Barca before the cruise but 1 night there is enough for me.

Enjoy the rest of your planning:)

Thanks. How do I claim the A Miles. I can get onto AA and book my seats so I assume I have to sign up for the Rewards program. Will I need to do that for all 3 of us. Son only 13 so again assume he would not qualify although we paid same price for his ticket. Appreciate the help.

Thanks. How do I claim the A Miles. I can get onto AA and book my seats so I assume I have to sign up for the Rewards program. Will I need to do that for all 3 of us. Son only 13 so again assume he would not qualify although we paid same price for his ticket. Appreciate the help.

Yes, all sign up to rewards then add the numbers to your reservation.

We have found the free hotels very useful when wanting an odd night somewhere.

As I mentioned above - I collected from our AA flights last year for my 13 and 15 year olds using our BA accounts (they are OneWorld partners) - you can then create a household account - saves the kids points going to waste!

- saves the kids points going to waste!

There is no minimum age for AAdvantage accounts, no wasted miles.

We don't have BA/Avios accounts so AA miles are worth more to us, each family will have to work out best for themselves.

You know what I have just realised after you mentioned BA. I have over 20,000 miles from hen I flew Business to Phoenix in 2012 with work. Thats enough to book my first night at Homewood Suites Universal. Very happy as I had forgotten about them and didnt think I would have anything to use them on.

Will sign up to AA today and see what I get.

Thanks

You know what I have just realised after you mentioned BA. I have over 20,000 miles from hen I flew Business to Phoenix in 2012 with work. Thats enough to book my first night at Homewood Suites Universal. Very happy as I had forgotten about them and didnt think I would have anything to use them on.

Will sign up to AA today and see what I get.

Thanks

Great bonus.

You say:

Flying American Airlines on 6th August, actually booked with US Airways but code share. Never flown AA before but have been able to book my seats. Paid £625 each.

Please, what is code share and how did you do this. Thats VERY cheap

You say:

Flying American Airlines on 6th August, actually booked with US Airways but code share. Never flown AA before but have been able to book my seats. Paid £625 each.

Please, what is code share and how did you do this. Thats VERY cheap

Code share is when airlines have a partnership and share planes. You can now buy on Delta.com but you could actually be flying on a Virgin Atlantic plane.

In this case Its US airways but flying on a AA flight.

Its because of all these codeshares, mergers & partnerships I believe prices are increasing so much in school hols this year. There isn't the competition there anymore.

Prices were really low at the weekend, only for a few hours, I posted in another thread as low as £200 from Dublin to MCO return.
Here are the threads
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3230358
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3230350
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3230370

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter