ALL ATTRACTION-ers!

I got my reply today! The recruiter called me and told me I was accepted for Attractions at Disneyland, Anaheim. Kind of disappointed because my major is hotel/restaurant management and I was really hoping to get hospitality, (attractions was my 3rd choice), but excited nonetheless. I'm sure it'll be a great experience! After 5 weeks of waiting and "pending", the reply was well worth it. I called last week to check on the status, but they told me a letter was coming, then a recruiter surprised me by calling me and leaving me a voicemail saying I was accepted and then she sent me the acceptance email. =D YAY!

I got my reply today! The recruiter called me and told me I was accepted for Attractions at Disneyland, Anaheim. Kind of disappointed because my major is hotel/restaurant management and I was really hoping to get hospitality, (attractions was my 3rd choice), but excited nonetheless. I'm sure it'll be a great experience! After 5 weeks of waiting and "pending", the reply was well worth it. I called last week to check on the status, but they told me a letter was coming, then a recruiter surprised me by calling me and leaving me a voicemail saying I was accepted and then she sent me the acceptance email. =D YAY!

Congrats! :)

I really hope I can work at Jungle Cruise. If not, then I want Great Movie Ride or Kilimanjaro Safari.

I work at Jungle Cruise now. ITS A LOT OF WORK. You have 5 days of JC training and now, bc of our new OG, you r required to spiel to "live" boats by the end of day three.

Also, If improve isnt ur thing, don't do it. There is a set spiel, but you will always have filler time.

Also, you had better be a serious people person. Our full-timers will eat you alive if your not.

I want Haunted Mansion. But I'd love being on JC, just because you get to tell jokes and make people giggle all day. How silly. :thumbsup2

Mansion is really hard to get. Mostly because all the full time and part time CMs want it. I know alot of people that have worked for the company along time and still haven't gotten cross trained there.

I work at Jungle Cruise now. ITS A LOT OF WORK. You have 5 days of JC training and now, bc of our new OG, you r required to spiel to "live" boats by the end of day three.

Also, If improve isnt ur thing, don't do it. There is a set spiel, but you will always have filler time.

Also, you had better be a serious people person. Our full-timers will eat you alive if your not.

Thanks for the info! I don't mind working (I got some serious work in when I did custodial and QSFB). And I don't mind improv. I know it's corny, but I just love the jokes from JC.

Also, I am a people-person. And I love meeting people.

Thanks for the info! I don't mind working (I got some serious work in when I did custodial and QSFB). And I don't mind improv. I know it's corny, but I just love the jokes from JC.

Also, I am a people-person. And I love meeting people.

Just so you know, 60 percent of the jokes you hear on JC are not part of our OG spiel. if you use them, u can get in trouble. Some of them can even get you instantly poor judgment reprimanded.... Training isn't easy either...

So if you can get in serious trouble for not following the approved script, then why bother with the improv?

I am doing attractions!! checking in August 19th!

Im not picky about where I work! I am just happy to be going down there :)

So if you can get in serious trouble for not following the approved script, then why bother with the improv?

Guest react to the jokes in different ways. Also, when you have gone through all the jokes and there is a backup of boats, you cant just sit in awkward silence. The basic rule of thumb I go by is this; There are always 4 people on your boat: Walt Disney, your mom, a 5 year old child, and your significant other. If you cant say the joke you want to tell without offending one of those 4, don't tell it.

I check in AUG 10
I am just wanting to work in MK or HS
My fiance is also attractions and he really wants to work the MK Rail Road

It's a Skipper thing....

Jungle on both sides of the country has always had an unique culture from the rest of Attractions. It's a bit hard to explain, particularly to non-Cast Members, but the easiest way might be just to say that they're the "black sheep" of the Department ;). They have a very strong internal culture and sense of camaderie, past the point you find on other Attractions.

For example, here in California, "Skipper Stand Up", a comedy show comprised of current and former DLR Jungle Cruise skippers telling jokes that almost certainly don't pass Disney Muster (which are the ones you know they just want to tell to a boatload full of people, lol), is a fairly popular local event among both CMs and non-CMs alike.

However, don't get me wrong, telling non-OG jokes is a violation of Company Policy, and can get a Cast Member in oodles of trouble if they were to be caught.....which is why Jungle Cruise CMs don't get caught, and have a hell of a time doing so ;).

What does OG stand for?

The Operating Guide spells out the standard operating procedure for a role within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. All roles and locations have one, but Attractions OGs tends to get the most attention.

And this leads into the number one rule for working any Attraction....

(unless you're Jungle...;))

It's a Skipper thing....

Jungle on both sides of the country has always had an unique culture from the rest of Attractions. It's a bit hard to explain, particularly to non-Cast Members, but the easiest way might be just to say that they're the "black sheep" of the Department ;). They have a very strong internal culture and sense of camaderie, past the point you find on other Attractions.

For example, here in California, "Skipper Stand Up", a comedy show comprised of current and former DLR Jungle Cruise skippers telling jokes that almost certainly don't pass Disney Muster (which are the ones you know they just want to tell to a boatload full of people, lol), is a fairly popular local event among both CMs and non-CMs alike.

However, don't get me wrong, telling non-OG jokes is a violation of Company Policy, and can get a Cast Member in oodles of trouble if they were to be caught.....which is why Jungle Cruise CMs don't get caught, and have a hell of a time doing so ;).

The Operating Guide spells out the standard operating procedure for a role within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. All roles and locations have one, but Attractions OGs tends to get the most attention.

And this leads into the number one rule for working any Attraction....

(unless you're Jungle...;))

Much of this is true. Over here on the east coast Jungle, they are starting to crack down on our spiels because we are suppose to be having a "new" spiel come out soon. Its the same spiel we have always had, just with a few of the non-OG jokes that have been approved.

The theory with WDW Jungle Cruise and our spiels is that we have been given a little bit more freedom than Disneyland JC because we don't get spiel pay. I don't know how much of that is true, but I know I don't like it. To me, the attraction has changed so much since Walt designed it. When the Jungle Cruise was first started being funny, there was no set spiel. Skippers could say whatever they wanted. I can understand putting some limits on what was being said. I don't know how many of you know this, but Robin Williams was a Skipper. He was fired after a very short time because of his spiel. I would have LOVED to be on his boat though....

The theory with WDW Jungle Cruise and our spiels is that we have been given a little bit more freedom than Disneyland JC because we don't get spiel pay.

I don't know what you people are thinking over there, but it certainly isn't true. Jungle Cruise at the DLR doesn't get "spiel pay" or any other sort of premium on top of the normal Attractions H/H rate.

June 15 Attractions :cool1:

I'm hoping for Splash Mountain but we'll see what happens

If you are doing splashmountain look for me I will be easy to spot I will be the one asking every one inline including castmembers how scary the ride is I have not been on the ride in 15 yrs

I don't know what you people are thinking over there, but it certainly isn't true. Jungle Cruise at the DLR doesn't get "spiel pay" or any other sort of premium on top of the normal Attractions H/H rate.

What is the going rate for a CP Jungle Skipper? For us, its 7.21 a hour.

What is the going rate for a CP Jungle Skipper? For us, its 7.21 a hour.

Current starting rate for Attractions H/H (which includes Jungle Cruise CMs) is $9.33/hour. CPers here are covered under the Union Contract, so they make the same starting rate as everyone else.

I'm in Attractions as well but I check-in May 18th for the Summer Alumni Program.

As for the OG and spieling (looked up and saw posts), we had a spiel book at Everest (spiel for the line, closing spiel, etc). We also had to memorize the unload spiel for when people got off the ride. I'd take the unload spiel and make it my own though every time I said it, it was fun and the managers were cool with it.

The ACTUAL spiel:
"Welcome back trekkers!! Please gather all your gear and exit to the left hand side of the train through the blue double doors. Thank you for choosing Himalayan Escapes!"

What I'd say:
"Welcome back trekkers!! Please gather up all your gear and exit to the left hand side of the train through the blue double doors. Please remember your cellphones, cameras, and hats and do not leave your children behind as the Yeti may have them for a snack! We hope you enjoyed Expedition Everest!"

(I actually had a few people cracking up when I said that...yes they were guests. When I said it the first time though, a fellow CP said it was awesome so I used that spiel for a few trains, lol).

And the OG guide...it's a fun guide. Your trainers will have you read it but for me the hands on training is better then just reading in the guide how to do things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter