All aboard time on excursion days~will the ship leave you?

Trixiezzz

Budgeting my way to Disney!
I'm looking at the excursions offered and just got to wondering about the all aboard time.

How long do you have to allow to tender back to the ship?

What if you run late on an island? Have people been left behind when the ship pulled out?

I've never seen this addressed on this board.... Can anyone fill me in? :beach:

If you're on your own excursion, the ship will leave without you. We've heard several stories about this. And it is on you to meet the ship at the next possible port.

If you leave the ship on your own, meaning not on a schedualed Disney excursion, they will definitely leave you. Our server at Palo's said that on the sailing before ours they left two passengers. Later the ship realized that it was parents with minor children on board in the kids' clubs. They went back for them, and charge them for the expense of getting them.

It all depends on how delayed you are. The captain of any ship has to think of all of the passengers. Yes, people have been left behind even on ship sponsored excursions. The line will reimburse you for costs to catch up with the ship or even pay for them themselves IF you are on a ship sponsored excursion. They will not if you are going it alone.

Remember however, those companies who are independent contractors have been vetted and will not lose risking their contract by constantly returning the passengers of any given line after all aboard time.

For days in port, there is a listing of the ship's agent for that port

Example here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/DCL-Navigator-Eastern2-April/pages/Day4a.htm

It behooves you to keep that information with you, should you ever miss the ship either on your own or on the ship sponsored tour.

That being said, we always go it alone based on recommendations from others on forums such as the DIS. The costs are far cheaper, and sometimes more enjoyable than the ship's tours.

Yes, the ship will leave you unless it's a DCL excursion.

Thank goodness they don't inconvenience the rest of the guests because of inconsiderate people who can't make it back on time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter