All Aboard the Crazy Train: A Jolly Holiday Adventure with Waldo - NEW 1/24!

I can't wait to read about your trip to Hogsmeade!! popcorn::
Coming right up! :thumbsup2

Yeah, just don't buy a not-blueberry muffin from Creative Croissants. :rolleyes:

Thanks for starting my day with a HUGE :rotfl:! Yes, I do know the type.
You're very welcome! And thanks for reading! :thumbsup2
I hope Waldo and TE can keep up...
:rotfl2:
Evan got his cookies!!!
That's right! :lmao: I totally forgot about that picture!

Oh, I just can't see this happening, not from Waldo:rolleyes1
Oh just you wait, Janet. I have this app on my phone called "SONGIFY" and I record whenever he swears and made it into a song. It's HILARIOUS!:rotfl:

Can't wait to hear all about it. Jimmy and I have been reading so much about it for our trip!:banana:
Here's the BEST thing.... no matter how much you read about it - nothing, I mean NOTHING compares to actually seeing it for the first time. You'll LOVE it!
Girl, you brought the funny, big-time! :thumbsup2
Why thank you - must the fruity booze. :teeth:

Leo likes to point out the Chargers (as well as Camaros) in every parking lot. Every time he did, I felt badly for you, lol!
:headache:
Oh, this is going to be a fun ride.
Oh, no doubt! :thumbsup2 Thanks for reading!
:eek: Man... The things I missed out on with no daddy. :lmao:
Oh I'm sure you could find some old guy to give you the finger. Hehehe :lmao: Wait, gross... that didn't come out right. You know what I mean. :lmao:
I'm still waiting for mine :rolleyes1 ::rotfl2::hug:
It's in my first post, Jo. Just click and print. ;)

I think your journey sounds almost as long as ours which is crazy!!!
Let's see... we left California at 8:45, which is 10:45 Houston time and landed in Houston at 1:45. Our next flight left Houston at 4:00, which is 5:00 Orlando time and landed in Orlando at 7:30 pm, which is 3:30 pm California time. So it was basically it was a good 7.5-8 hour travel time. :sad2:
Following along! Love your writing style, and I knew I would follow anyone who uses "AIS"!!!!!

~Beth
LOL! Hi Beth - I love that you're familiar with AIS! :lmao::thumbsup2 Thanks for reading!

For the record, we enjoyed our NY card very much! :goodvibes

Me, too. :)

I'm still laughing about the time I ran into your parents in Epcot on the Fockerfest trip and I noticed from the corner of my eye that Waldo was about to take off and had to warn TE :rotfl:

Yes, but I found him in AK. :snooty: :rotfl:

Evan asked me something, but he kept turning into a chicken nugget every time I looked at him.

:eek:

T said:
Anita came over and got all up in Crazy’s face. Anita scared me. And apparently she scared Crazy because Crazy did whatever Anita told her to do. Anita ROCKED that plane. It was fantastic.

Cool. :thumbsup2

T said:
My Mom called me all frantic, but she’s yapping so much about where she is and doesn’t let me talk so I hung up on her.

T! You hung up? :rotfl2:

Well, it wasn't false advertising was it? They didn't call it a blueberries muffin;)

:sad2: :rotfl:

I'm still waiting for mine :rolleyes1 :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::hug:

Um, I should let you know that yours from us is all nice and addressed on my desk. :flower3: Perhaps you will get it as a Valentine. ;)

Let me just take a minute to describe to you the shower at The Doubletree. This was the BEST shower ever! EVER! The water pressure was insane. It was perfect to release all the stress of traveling (with Waldo, ahem) away. I didn’t want to turn the shower off, but when I did, I told Andy to be prepared for the BEST experience ever. 30 minutes later, he came out of the shower and totally agreed. Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and an out of this world shower experience. Doubletree, you’ve got a friend in me.

December 15th

I woke up around 5:50. I wanted to be in the car, heading across the street to Universal by 7:15 am. We all got ready and decided to eat at the buffet downstairs, which opened at 6:30. We were there at 6:35. We filled our bellies and I went around to get the car, while Andy and the kids went up to grab the bags.

Here’s where our morning went to crap…..

First, when I tried to exit the guest parking lot, my key wouldn’t work, so I had to push the “HELP” button where I was “greeted” by the nastiest employee. She buzzed me out, after I gave her my room number, which was actually Waldo’s room number.

Then Andy called because his room card wouldn’t work either, so we met in the lobby. The front desk woman was so rude and instead of saying “Oh, I’m sorry for the inconvenience” or something in that manner, she barked at us about not putting the room keys near cell phones. Andy told her he doesn’t keep his cell phone in his wallet. :lmao:

I decided to go back up and help with the bags and I peeked into my parent’s room (we had adjoining rooms) to see all their stuff not packed and TE sitting at the table writing in her journal. I flipped out and told her I was leaving the hotel at 7:15 and if they weren’t there, they could meet us at IoA. My eye started to twitch.

At 7:25, they showed up and we zoomed all the way across the street. I convinced Andy we should pay for Preferred Parking and with Waldo behind us, I gave the guy $40 and told him it was for both cars. Waldo decided we were taking too long, so he backed up and went to another parking attendant.

ca8d336e.jpg

We were finally headed in through CityWalk and en route to IoA and the coveted Wizarding World of Harry Potter! :woohoo: The kids and I took off for the entrance as I still needed to get our tickets from the Will-Call kiosks. Those machines are pretty cool! Then I realized I had my parent’s tickets, so Andy stayed back with them, while the kids and I huffed it to WWoHP and Ollivanders. We wanted to be sure to get there first as I had read the line gets really long and crazy.

We caught our first glimpse of Hogsmeade and we all squealed with excitement!

Dec2010Jan2011075.jpg

It was more than we imagined. I literally felt like we had just stepped off the Hogwarts Express ready to face Snape and Dumbledore. The details were amazing! Every shop window was a feast for the eyes…chocolate frogs, Hermoine’s Christmas Yule Ball frock, a screaming Mandrake…. We were having a great time pointing out all the cool stuff. We made it over to Ollivanders and noticed there was no line. The kids got in line, while I called Andy to see where they were. They were just entering the park and slowly making their way back to WWoHP.

Dec2011039.jpg

Dec2011040.jpg

5bb844ca.jpg

Dec2011045.jpg

Dec2010Jan2011052.jpg

We must have waiting about 10 minutes and were lead into Ollivanders for the show. I wanted so badly for one of my littles to be chosen and I even made cool Griffendor scarves for them to wear, which we left in the car. :headache: The little girl behind us had a Griffendor robe on and she was chosen.:rolleyes: My heart deflated, but my kids – they were so excited to see the show, it didn’t bother them at all. Maddie kept whispering to me “Mom, this is so cool!” and Evan kept giving me the “Awesome!” look. I quickly texted Andy and asked him to get in line as soon as they entered Hogsmeade.

Dec2011044.jpg

The show finished and we found Andy in line and the kids were telling him and parents all about it. We asked if they wanted to try again to get chosen and they declined, saying they wanted to pick their own wands, later. :eek: Hmmf… how un-Potter like. ;)

5a5fc2f7.jpg

Dec2011042.jpg

9426454c.jpg

Up Next: Do NOT barf on me!

First, when I tried to exit the guest parking lot, my key wouldn’t work, so I had to push the “HELP” button where I was “greeted” by the nastiest employee. She buzzed me out, after I gave her my room number, which was actually Waldo’s room number. [//QUOTE]

Witch with a capital B!;)

Then Andy called because his room card wouldn’t work either, so we met in the lobby. The front desk woman was so rude and instead of saying “Oh, I’m sorry for the inconvenience” or something in that manner, she barked at us about not putting the room keys near cell phones. Andy told her he doesn’t keep his cell phone in his wallet. :lmao:

:sad2: Go Andy:cool2:

. My eye started to twitch.

:scared1: Do own stock in smelling salts?

At 7:25, they showed up and we zoomed all the way across the street. I convinced Andy we should pay for Preferred Parking and with Waldo behind us, I gave the guy $40 and told him it was for both cars. Waldo decided we were taking too long, so he backed up and went to another parking attendant.

He didn't pay again did he:eek:

Ollivanders. We wanted to be sure to get there first as I had read the line gets really long and crazy.

Ollivanders first...got it!

You are getting me psyched up for August!:thumbsup2

Andy told her he doesn’t keep his cell phone in his wallet.
:rotfl2: Andy rocks!

It was more than we imagined. I literally felt like we had just stepped off the Hogwarts Express ready to face Snape and Dumbledore. The details were amazing!
::yes:: I'm soooo glad you guys enjoyed it - I was really afraid I'd talked it up too much and it might be a let-down. I'm still sad that we weren't able to play hooky and join you, though. :guilty:

We asked if they wanted to try again to get chosen and they declined, saying they wanted to pick their own wands, later.
But, but, but... the wand picks the wizard!

You are getting me psyched up for August!:thumbsup2
:yay:

OMG I am cracking up! This is your funniest adventure yet, already! Great Stuff!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I have been waiting for your TR! Excited for all the adventure! So without further adou I have my AIS and am ready to read along....:thumbsup2

Sorry, guys. I didn't think anyone was actually reading. :lmao:

I'll get back to work on a new installment! :surfweb:

Hi T!
Long-time-no-disboardin for me!:confused3
But, I am back in the saddle:surfweb: and so glad I found a familiar name with a TR to get into!:rotfl: Loving it so far!:lmao:
Can't wait to hear more about WWoHP - we considered it for our upcoming May WDW trip but decided against it b/c our youngest won't be big enough for the rides. Will be back in the area, just me and my 2 boys for a Disney cruise in Aug, and trying to figure out what to do for the 2 days afterwards...

Mel

Hey Tracy, how are 'ya? Love reading your trip reports but need to remember not to read while drinking a beverage lest I choke while laughing!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter