All Aboard Presidents Week Mexican Riviera February 19, 2012 Wonder

DDD is one of DW's favorite shows. We've been to 4 of his visited locations already. If my hotel breakfast wasn't free I might have to leave early for the port.

I have to keep reminding myself that your DIS name doesn't have anything to do with a certain hockey team and rather has something more scholastic in mind.

I just realized I made a mistake on the name of the diner, it's actually Gaffey Street Diner- I changed the original post.

My daughter and I watch the food shows together- DDD, Best Thing I Ever Ate, and Man vs Food. We've been to a few restaurants featured on the shows as well. Our kids want to take a trip to New York because there are so many restaurants featured on these shows...

You are right- my DIS name is for UCLA, and not for the Boston Bruins. Are you a Boston Bruin fan?

We were on the Presidents' week cruise last year (as was Samily). Is your brother's family Bayportkat?

Just to clarify (I don't know if we specifically mentioned it), LKFan is my wife. She's the chatty one- I think she's got something like 2000 posts on DIS, and I've got 100.

You are right- my DIS name is for UCLA, and not for the Boston Bruins. Are you a Boston Bruin fan?

Yes I am a fan of all things Boston sports. We've been blessed with a great start to the century. But I have been a fan since elementary school. I know more about UCLA basketball then football. College football just isn't much of a New England thing.

We prefer to have dinner at Triton's on formal night. So.... I called Disney if we can put request in. They told us that "rotation 3" will be Triton's on formal night and they did switch for us. :woohoo:

We prefer to have dinner at Triton's on formal night. So.... I called Disney if we can put request in. They told us that "rotation 3" will be Triton's on formal night and they did switch for us. :woohoo:

Parrot's Cay is our least favorite restaurant so I requested to be assigned dinner there on the night we are eating at Palo.

We have been lucky this winter as it has been very mild, but it looks like winter is finally upon us. We had snow Thursday night and woke up to it snowing again this morning and it is still going strong. Now we really can't wait to get away!

Hopefully the snow doesn't interfere with football tomorrow - go Pats!

We have been lucky this winter as it has been very mild, but it looks like winter is finally upon us. We had snow Thursday night and woke up to it snowing again this morning and it is still going strong. Now we really can't wait to get away!

I wish it felt a little more like winter here!! It's probably around 75 or 80 degrees today!!

We ended up with a surprise foot of snow today. They were forecasting 3-6 inches. Makes me want that Baja sun more then ever.

I think that I am packing a year's worth of anticipation in just this last month. Only 26 days until DL and our cruise is less than a month away!

By the way I second that: GO PATS!

Hi there- we are setting sail soon and this is our 1st Disney cruise and I feel so lost :(

It will be me (Dana) Hubby (David) Daughter 6 (Shea)
Dad
Sister (Rachel) her hubby (Greg) their kids Anthony 7 and Kaitlyn 18 months

Am I too late for the Fish Extenders?? What info do I need to make this the most amazing trip ever?

I saw something about resturants and rotations- what do I need to do??? We have reservations at Palo on the last night ( it is all we could get )

HELP PLEASE:confused:
THANKS to all in advance :)
Dana

OK just saw the cutoff was last week- Is there any way someone can make an exception please?? We would really love to be a part of it!!!:eek:

Hi there- we are setting sail soon and this is our 1st Disney cruise and I feel so lost :(

Dad

Am I too late for the Fish Extenders?? What info do I need to make this the most amazing trip ever?

I saw something about resturants and rotations- what do I need to do??? We have reservations at Palo on the last night ( it is all we could get )

Dana

Welcome Dana!

Unfortunately, we set the cut off for Jan 13 so many people have made plans based on those numbers. There may, however, be some people who have extra goodies. No guarantees. I made space on the spreadsheet for latecomers. You can list your names and info in that section if you like. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DN5YkhqNUZKQ1h4ZWZLcUxqeEdvYVE&hl=en_US#gid=0

As far as restaurant rotations, you will have at least two dinners in each restaurant. If this is your first cruise, there is no need to make any special requests. Some people like to eat in a particular restaurant on Pirate Night. Others like a different restaurant on Semi-Formal and/or Formal Night so they make requests. The majority of people do not make requests.

On the main board, there is a thread called "DCL FAQ." Scroll down and you'll find a couple of threads with a lot of information about Mexican Riviera cruises.:teacher:

Dad

Dana

Welcome Dana!

This is is our first cruise too, and while it seemed overwhelming at first, i soon realized that if i hadn't found these boards i wouldn't know what I didn't know, and all would have been fine anyway. It's Disney, right-we shouldn't have to work hard to have fun! Honestly, I think the only reason I'm spending so much time here is because I'm so excited and its such a great diversion from all the much less fun things I should be doing!

Welcome Dona,
I just start working on our FE this weekend. ( hoping to finish by end of the week...)
So.... We will adjust ours. :thumbsup2 Don't worry We will have a lot of FUN.

I also just started working on my FE this weekend so it's no problem to add a few more people!! Can't wait!!! The countdown is on!!!

:yay:

I think I have some extras to use for latecomers for the FE. Can't promise everything but have at least a little something!

Speaking of the FE, I think I am doing one larger cabin gift and then something smaller per person. I don't think we really specified so I hope that's okay.

Trying not to take up too much of the luggage!

Welcome Dana. Nothing to stress about! Just enjoy the planning process. I've got extra FE stuff, too, no worries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter