All Aboard Presidents Week Mexican Riviera February 19, 2012 Wonder

I see GarakDS9 you were also on the Med and Alaska cruise. We have lots to talk about.

Looking forward to comparing stories. It is funny, it looks like the Med was your first time on DCL as well. Glad to hear that a meet or 2 are being organized.

PURTYPAT1-- Thank you for the info. :thumbsup2 I did volunteer to make little green Mickey's that people can wear with thier lanyead to recognize each other. (see previous post from LKFan) I was counting everybody regardless who joining FE or not also. GarakDS9-- If you can tell me the # of your party I will make it too.

We received our cruise documents today! :banana: And, I'm excited to start shopping for the FE gifts. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

There is something wrong with this picture. You are all celebrating receiving cruise documents on the same day that I am dealing with paying the bill. :rolleyes:

Woo Hoo! Cruise docs are in hand. I will admit they're not quite as exciting as last Christmas when we cruised for the first time and I read over the little booklet from cover to cover, but it was nice to see the part about being Castaway Club members now and what that will mean for us.

As for meeting at the terminal, I vote for the seats by the big TV screen. That's easy to find, and allows us to keep an eye on the Kids Club desk's readiness to hand out bracelets.

We plan to arrive pretty early with the hopes of snagging a verandah upgrade. Well, at least I'm hoping. My daughter wants us to stay put as we're booked in the same stateroom we had at Christmas. I'd be fine with that, but if I can experience a verandah for a bit more, I want to try.

If we do upgrade, is there a way to let people from the FE group know if they are not able to make the 3:00 meeting in the promenade lounge?
Thanks,
Betsy

Yay! We received our documents today also!

Misako-thanks for making the lime green mickeys for us! One less thing to worry about.

I made something for adults/teens this weekend for the FE...hope you all like it!
Back to online shopping for the little ones : )

As for meeting at the terminal, I vote for the seats by the big TV screen. That's easy to find, and allows us to keep an eye on the Kids Club desk's readiness to hand out bracelets.

We plan to arrive pretty early with the hopes of snagging a verandah upgrade. Well, at least I'm hoping. My daughter wants us to stay put as we're booked in the same stateroom we had at Christmas. I'd be fine with that, but if I can experience a verandah for a bit more, I want to try.

If we do upgrade, is there a way to let people from the FE group know if they are not able to make the 3:00 meeting in the promenade lounge?
Thanks,
Betsy

Meeting near the TV sounds like a great idea!

I'm sure we'll be there early as well- we got there really early last year, just because we were packed up and had nothing else to do at home (and maybe we were just a little excited).

Last year, there was a family that had to switch rooms the first or second day of the cruise- they left a note on their old room with the change in room number and they also droppped off notes in our FE with the change in room number.

Just a few suggestions...

1. Nelson’s at the Terranea Hotel/ Resort- If you’re looking for lunch with a great view. Nelson’s is a small, casual restaurant with a really small menu- what makes it nice is that it is right off the water. We’ve seen whales and dolphins from our table. I wouldn’t come here for dinner as it gets cold here at night.

The other restaurant we’ve been to at Terranea is Catalina Kitchen. They have a really good (and expensive) seafood buffet on Friday nights.

Terranea is about a 15 minute drive from the San Pedro Hotels, and the drive will take you right along the coast.

2. San Pedro Brewing Company- They have decent brew pub food, and they make their own beer. Walking distance from the Crowne Plaza. They usually have coupons on restaurant.com.

3. Green Onion- Old school Mexican restaurant that has been here forever. Also walking distance from the Crowne Plaza.

4. Gaffey Street Diner- open for breakfast and lunch only. It was featured on Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives. Massive portions of food.

5. In and Out Burger- the closest one is on Western Avenue.

We have our doc too. Everything seems more and more real every day. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Are there any reasons why it might be good to board later? we have an 11:30 boarding time, but last night my SIL asked how we felt about boarding later-more like 3:00. We were planning on taking a shuttle together from my husband's parents' house.. They're flying in the day before and want to spend more time Sunday with the grandparents.. We will have been there for 3 days and my kids are going to be bouncing off the walls so I can't imagine making them wait. My inclination is to suggest separate shuttles, but I don't want to seem too inflexible. Thoughts?

Are there any reasons why it might be good to board later? we have an 11:30 boarding time, but last night my SIL asked how we felt about boarding later-more like 3:00. We were planning on taking a shuttle together from my husband's parents' house.. They're flying in the day before and want to spend more time Sunday with the grandparents.. We will have been there for 3 days and my kids are going to be bouncing off the walls so I can't imagine making them wait. My inclination is to suggest separate shuttles, but I don't want to seem too inflexible. Thoughts?

The upside of boarding later is that there may be less of a wait in getting checked in and onto the ship.

If you were planning on having lunch on the ship, I think it shuts down about 3 or so.

Just a few suggestions...

4. 22nd Street Diner- open for breakfast and lunch only. It was featured on Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives. Massive portions of food.

DDD is one of DW's favorite shows. We've been to 4 of his visited locations already. If my hotel breakfast wasn't free I might have to leave early for the port.

I have to keep reminding myself that your DIS name doesn't have anything to do with a certain hockey team and rather has something more scholastic in mind.

I have shown up in Canaveral around 3 and it was awesome to have no one in the terminal and move right along. On the other hand we do prefer lunch on the ship. One more "free" meal to get my money's worth.

Last year, there was a family that had to switch rooms the first or second day of the cruise- they left a note on their old room with the change in room number and they also droppped off notes in our FE with the change in room number.

Were you on the President's week sailing last year? That was my brother's family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter