All Aboard Presidents Week Mexican Riviera February 19, 2012 Wonder

Which excursions are you all signed up for?

We are doing Las Caletas in PV.
As for Cabo not sure, wanted to do the beach resort but it's already booked.

We are doing the pirate cruise in PV. No Disney excursions in Cabo - we are working on chartering a sailboat one day, and planning to do Medano Beach the other (I think maybe that's the one Betsy918 is referring to?)

We are doing the pirate cruise in PV. No Disney excursions in Cabo - we are working on chartering a sailboat one day, and planning to do Medano Beach the other (I think maybe that's the one Betsy918 is referring to?)

Yes, a few trip reports mentioned Medano Beach and the yummy lunch at the Office restaurant near that beach.
We were thinking of giving that a try.

We are also doing Las Caletas, it looks fantastic. We did paradise resort 2weeks ago in PV, and it was also great. In Cabo at Christmas we did the whale watching, which was fine. We did see a few whales, but where I live we see even more than I saw there. This time we are not scheduling anything for Cabo. It was the only port that had plenty to do and see within walking distance. There was also a great little beach only accessible by water taxi for $3 right near the port, and if the weather is warm, we're going to do that instead.

Yay! So glad you're doing Las Caletas too!
I saw a trip report with great photos of the LC trip, my kids are so excited now.:woohoo:

Hi all!! We are super excited about going on our first Disney cruise!! I'm also interested in the FE, so I updated the spreadsheet with our info!! Quick question, do you bring one gift for each kid on the FE? Didn't know if it's something you do once or more than that! Thanks for the help in advance!!

Hi all!! We are super excited about going on our first Disney cruise!! I'm also interested in the FE, so I updated the spreadsheet with our info!! Quick question, do you bring one gift for each kid on the FE? Didn't know if it's something you do once or more than that! Thanks for the help in advance!!

:welcome: to the Dis Boards!

We usually bring something for each kid and a gift for the parents or family as a group.

On a 7 day cruise, with 3.5 days at sea, there is a lot of time to deliver gifts. Some people deliver just once during the cruise, while others deliver more than once. It is really up to you.

Less than 6 weeks until we cruise! :woohoo:

Just a reminder that this Friday, January 13, is the last day to sign up to participate in the FE.

:jumping1:

Hope everyone is getting excited!

I have been on this itinerary a few times before and we found a great family restaurant in Puerto Vallarta where the medical staff are known to frequent.

La Abuela

Its just to the right of the cruise terminal so it makes a great pit stop on the way back from whatever excursion you choose. We fell in love with the food (great guacamole that they make from scratch at your table) and the staff are very friendly.

Couple other hints:

1 Please, try to avoid visiting Wallmart in PV!!! There is a great Mexcian grocery store right next to LaAbuela (Sorianas) that has better prices and employs locals, including Seniors and Kids after school.

2 Dont take the patch for motion sickness. It makes you sick and has side affects. Instead, visit the medical office and pickup a seasick tablet once on board. They work great!!

3 A fantastic excursion in Cabo (for the Adults and/or older teenagers) is the Mango Deck via water taxi. Just disembark via tender boat and book your own water taxi once you reach land. Stay away from Lovers beach, the water is way to rough and families have been washed away.

4 Take your camera to Las Caletas or whatever excursion you book. They will tell you to leave it behind. The plan is to sell you the pictures they take. Dont be fooled, take your camera. Just cover it in a platic bag during transport.

Have fun on the cruise and look for me in the hottub or on the Deck 4 running track before breakfast.

Hope everyone is getting excited!

3 A fantastic excursion in Cabo (for the Adults and/or older teenagers) is the Mango Deck via water taxi. Just disembark via tender boat and book your own water taxi once you reach land.

We're traveling with a 12 year old and 9 year old. Do you think Mango Deck is appropriate for kids of those ages? The Office seems to be popular as well- any experience/ opinions on that restaurant.

Also, do the water taxis return people back from Medano Beach to where the cruise ship tenders come in? How much should we expect to pay to catch the water taxi back?

Thanks.

We're traveling with a 12 year old and 9 year old. Do you think Mango Deck is appropriate for kids of those ages? The Office seems to be popular as well- any experience/ opinions on that restaurant.

Also, do the water taxis return people back from Medano Beach to where the cruise ship tenders come in? How much should we expect to pay to catch the water taxi back?

Thanks.

I guess the Office would be fine for food. We always eat on the way back, in the places just by the Harbour that offer buckets of beer, roaming Mexican Mariachis and great food deals. Medano Beach is the place to be. Bringing your 9 & 12 kids is fine during the day since it has good safe swimming.

Water taxis do return you right back to the Harbour where the tenders are. You pay about $5.00 for the ride either way and a couple more for taxes when you board from the Harbour. Well worth it and fun to boot! Watch for the 2 Sea Lions that hang out in the harbour.

One other tip for you: If you want leather goods (boots, belts, etc.) there is a great place in PV called Rolling Stones. Its on the Malecon (main strip downtown). You can take the public bus there and back. Fare is cheap and busses run every 5 minutes or so. Dont wait to buy leather in Cabo - its way too expensive and likely manufactured in Taiwan.

:thumbsup2

I know there is a post somewhere about hotel recommendations but I can't find it. I know I read about a few hotels that offer a cruise package where you can leave your car in their parking lot while you are on the cruise. Can anyone tell me where to find that discussion or which hotels offer that (and offer shuttle to port)?

I know there is a post somewhere about hotel recommendations but I can't find it. I know I read about a few hotels that offer a cruise package where you can leave your car in their parking lot while you are on the cruise. Can anyone tell me where to find that discussion or which hotels offer that (and offer shuttle to port)?

It's on this thread (I think)...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752784

We are going to stay at double tree at San Pedro for park and cruise w/ breakfast. And we got pretty good deal w/AAA discount.

Hi Everybody,

I have not been on the Dis Discurssion in many months. I will be on this cruise with my best friend Linda and my daughter Jenna 17 years old. It will be my 8th Disney cruise :thumbsup2 my first in Ca

Need to catch up on all the pages.

Can hardly wait to meet you all!!!!

Hi!
I am Negar- New to Dis Boards! Any tips are appreciated!
I have 3 kids DS-2 yrs, DD- 10 yrs, DD-7 yrs.
We are participating in the FE exchange! We have never done that so tips on that would be great too!
My husband and I are super excited!
Yippee!
Negar:)

Hi!
I am Negar- New to Dis Boards! Any tips are appreciated!
I have 3 kids DS-2 yrs, DD- 10 yrs, DD-7 yrs.
We are participating in the FE exchange! We have never done that so tips on that would be great too!
My husband and I are super excited!
Yippee!
Negar:)

Welcome Negar!

Hi Everybody,

I have not been on the Dis Discurssion in many months. I will be on this cruise with my best friend Linda and my daughter Jenna 17 years old. It will be my 8th Disney cruise :thumbsup2 my first in Ca

Need to catch up on all the pages.

Can hardly wait to meet you all!!!!

Welcome back Pat. It is good to see you on the boards again! :hug:

:welcome: to the Dis Boards Negar. Glad to hear that you will be joining the FE. Have you cruised with Disney before?

Just a reminder to everyone that this Friday, January 13 is the last day to sign up to participate in the FE. You can sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DN5YkhqNUZKQ1h4ZWZLcUxqeEdvYVE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Oops!! I was trying to see the ages of the kids and accidentally deleted cranermama3's kids names!! So sorry, just wanted to make sure to tell someone so they can put the info back in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter