All Aboard Presidents Week Mexican Riviera February 19, 2012 Wonder

Thanks for the packing advice, I tend to overpack anytime we go somewhere.
I wasn't planning on bringing beach towels but I will now.
I will have jackets since we're going to DL before the cruise.
Is there a laundry room on board?

Yes...There are at least 3 self serve laundry rooms with ironing boards and irons. We didn't need to use the laundry, and instead of doing our own ironing we sent out my dress and a couple of my husbands shirts to be ironed as soon as we got on board and had them back in time for formal night the next day. It cost $3.00 per item, but it was worth it to me to not have to iron while on vacation. My dress had gotten pretty wrinkled in the suitcase, but I'm sure if I was a more experienced packer I might have been able to avoid it.

Hi Everyone - I was thinking about the FE, and wanted to figure out the # of kids of different ages, so I added some columns to the spreadsheet to tally them up. I used the age ranges of the kids clubs (except I split the 3-10 into 3-6 and 7-10 since it's such a wide range). I'm not sure what I'm doing yet or even if I'll do different things by ages, but it helped me get my head around things.

I suggest that you check and make sure I got your kids in the right column - I have checked it several times and found many mistakes (including classifying my own DS2 as a girl and putting DS3 in the wrong age column:guilty::guilty:), so my apologies in advance for any mistakes!

As a reminder, the link is:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DN5YkhqNUZKQ1h4ZWZLcUxqeEdvYVE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Now that Christmas is over we are super-excited (especially DS3). We made a countdown calendar the day after Christmas and he has been faithfully updating it each day!

Hi Everyone - I was thinking about the FE, and wanted to figure out the # of kids of different ages, so I added some columns to the spreadsheet to tally them up. I used the age ranges of the kids clubs (except I split the 3-10 into 3-6 and 7-10 since it's such a wide range). I'm not sure what I'm doing yet or even if I'll do different things by ages, but it helped me get my head around things.

Thanks for doing that!

Wow, we have a bunch of 7-10 yo boys on this cruise. :hyper::tongue::hyper::tongue:

Great chart! Very helpful. DS9 has been the worst of my four when it comes to participating in the clubs, so I hope this helps!

I have been checking daily to see if we can move to connecting staterooms. If anyone who was booked GTY is assigned to 2624 and would consider moving a few doors down, please PM me - thank you! :goodvibes

DS9 has been the worst of my four when it comes to participating in the clubs, so I hope this helps!

I thought I had the only child hesitant to participate in the clubs. On our Christmas cruise my DD (8) spent a total of 45 minutes there. She is not the type to participate if she doesn't know anyone there. I have told her that on this cruise she is required to spend 2 hrs a day in the clubs on sea days because she's missing school to take this cruise and I want her to be around other kids for a bit each day. Besides, there are adult only parts of the ship, like the adult pool and the coffee house that I never got to set foot in, and I told her mommy will need some mommy time this time around! I'm not likely to insist on the 2hrs. if she's really having a bad time, but I'm trying to get her used to the idea before we go.

We did the same thing with our 9 year old son on our last cruise (when he was 8). We required him to spend a certain amount of time in the clubs. Our very social 11 year old was making friends in the Edge and loving it. We figured that our son couldn't make friends if he didn't go at the beginning. Besides, we wanted time to ourselves.

He ended up playing Mario Kart whenever we put him in the club. That's okay with us and it was the same posse of boys playing everyday but, at the end of the 7 day cruise, he couldn't tell us any of the other kids' names. I guess names aren't a priority when you are playing video games. :laughing:

If several of us have kids in that age range that are apprehensive to go to the clubs, maybe we can arrange a get together at some sort of activity where they can meet each other. Looking at my navigators from last year, both Disney Trivia Tunes as well as Family Wonder Quest are on the first day at sea. It would be fun to create a couple of Dis Boards teams (maybe parents vs kids). What do you think?

We did the same thing with our 9 year old son on our last cruise (when he was 8). We required him to spend a certain amount of time in the clubs. Our very social 11 year old was making friends in the Edge and loving it. We figured that our son couldn't make friends if he didn't go at the beginning. Besides, we wanted time to ourselves.

He ended up playing Mario Kart whenever we put him in the club. That's okay with us and it was the same posse of boys playing everyday but, at the end of the 7 day cruise, he couldn't tell us any of the other kids' names. I guess names aren't a priority when you are playing video games. :laughing:

If several of us have kids in that age range that are apprehensive to go to the clubs, maybe we can arrange a get together at some sort of activity where they can meet each other. Looking at my navigators from last year, both Disney Trivia Tunes as well as Family Wonder Quest are on the first day at sea. It would be fun to create a couple of Dis Boards teams (maybe parents vs kids). What do you think?

That sounds like a great idea! We didn't take part in any of that on our Christmas cruise, but I know my daughter and I would love it!

I suggest that you check and make sure I got your kids in the right column - I have checked it several times and found many mistakes (including classifying my own DS2 as a girl and putting DS3 in the wrong age column:guilty::guilty:), so my apologies in advance for any mistakes!

As a reminder, the link is:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DN5YkhqNUZKQ1h4ZWZLcUxqeEdvYVE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Now that Christmas is over we are super-excited (especially DS3). We made a countdown calendar the day after Christmas and he has been faithfully updating it each day!

Thank you for updating the list. I was just getting ready to get organized and you really helped me!!

Just checking the spreadsheet against the list of people that had indicated they wanted to participate.

Peasprout hasn't added info to the spreadsheet yet and EnchantedTikiGal is on the spreadsheet but I don't remember seeing a post from her on this thread. :confused3

Samily, PurtyPat1, rdrobin9, Andytaro, EPCOTatNight and daboof have you made a decision as to whether or not you are going to participate in the FE? If you aren't going to participate in the FE but want to be notified if we coordinate any get togethers, can you put your name and room number (so we can have a msg delivered to your room) but "NO FE" on the spreadsheet? Thanks!

Sorry, I don't check the boards very often now. I just updated the spreadsheet w/ our kids' names. Hope it saved!

Sorry, I don't check the boards very often now. I just updated the spreadsheet w/ our kids' names. Hope it saved!

It saved. :thumbsup2

No problem about not checking the boards. I just want to make sure everyone that wants to participate is able to do so.

Yes...There are at least 3 self serve laundry rooms with ironing boards and irons. We didn't need to use the laundry, and instead of doing our own ironing we sent out my dress and a couple of my husbands shirts to be ironed as soon as we got on board and had them back in time for formal night the next day. It cost $3.00 per item, but it was worth it to me to not have to iron while on vacation. My dress had gotten pretty wrinkled in the suitcase, but I'm sure if I was a more experienced packer I might have been able to avoid it.

Thanks, that helps. After 3 days at DL I will need to do some laundry the first couple of days of the cruise..probably a good time. Guessing the laundry room gets pretty crowded by the end of the cruise?

We booked our room as GTY and got our room assignment this morning! We booked 9B and got 9B...

Which excursions are you all signed up for?

We are doing Las Caletas in PV.
As for Cabo not sure, wanted to do the beach resort but it's already booked.

Was wondering how that works as some people have known their stateroom numbers for some time.
Did your TA email you or DCL?

No emails- I've just been checking the DCL site regularly to check for status changes with our reservation. The room number has been listed as GTY until yesterday.

Which excursions are you all signed up for?

We are doing Las Caletas in PV.
As for Cabo not sure, wanted to do the beach resort but it's already booked.

We are also doing Las Caletas, it looks fantastic. We did paradise resort 2weeks ago in PV, and it was also great. In Cabo at Christmas we did the whale watching, which was fine. We did see a few whales, but where I live we see even more than I saw there. This time we are not scheduling anything for Cabo. It was the only port that had plenty to do and see within walking distance. There was also a great little beach only accessible by water taxi for $3 right near the port, and if the weather is warm, we're going to do that instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter