• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All 6 of us

mom24diskidz

Earning My Ears
Question: How can I do this cruise with 4 small children , my husband and I? Do they have adjoining rooms, or large suites that sleep 6? also I would like to not spend a fortune doing this. We are looking to tack on a week in the parks afterwards as well..I would appreciate any and all feedback..
Thanks..:confused3

Question: How can I do this cruise with 4 small children , my husband and I? Do they have adjoining rooms, or large suites that sleep 6? also I would like to not spend a fortune doing this. We are looking to tack on a week in the parks afterwards as well..I would appreciate any and all feedback..
Thanks..:confused3

The only cabins on the Magic and Wonder that sleep more than 5 are the category 1 and 2 suites (4 of them, all 2 bedroom). However, they are very pricey, so you probably don't want to go that route. No cabin on the Dream will sleep more than 5, not even the most expensive suites.

The best (least expensive) way would be to book two connecting (not adjoining - they are just side-by-side) cabins. There is a connecting door between the cabins. You would need to have one adult booked into each cabin, but how you actually arrange sleeping is up to you. You would have two bathrooms and enough room to sleep up to 8 people, so plenty of room for 6. If you book cabins that sleep 4 people, you would have a queen size bed, a sofa sleeper and a bunk over the sofa in each cabin.

Yes, if your children are young you would probably want to book 2 connecting cabins...inside of course being the cheapest followed by ocean view (porthole) then of course most expensive balcony cabins. On the deck plans you can see ones that connect as they're marked with a little sideways carrot thingy. You would book them with 1 adult in each room...but then sleeping arrangements can be adjusted once you're onboard. So if you really want to you can have all the kids in 1 cabin & you and your DH in the other...or if you want the littlest ones in your cabin & the older ones next door you can. There will be a door inbetween which you can just leave open.

Just wanted to add, the Dream & Fantasy have way more cabins that connect. The Magic/Wonder have some but most don't and it can be difficult to find 2 that connect, esp if booking long after those dates were released.

Some people with older kids/experienced cruisers don't mind 2 adjacent cabins or even across the hall (balcony for parents, inside for kids) but with young kids I'd def make sure the rooms connect.

If you book the two staterooms with one adult in each, keep in mind you will pay adult prices for the first two in the room, regardless of age. So you will need to know that in order to price it out correctly.

We've done two cruises with all 4 of our children. The least costly way for us, was two connecting staterooms. In one, 1 adult was booked with 1 child. The other we booked the other adult and the rest of the kids. We preferred a Cat. 9 as it had a window as well as the split bath in each stateroom (we loved the split bath, it was SO convienent!) :thumbsup2

We've done two cruises with all 4 of our children. The least costly way for us, was two connecting staterooms. In one, 1 adult was booked with 1 child. The other we booked the other adult and the rest of the kids. We preferred a Cat. 9 as it had a window as well as the split bath in each stateroom (we loved the split bath, it was SO convienent!) :thumbsup2

Even for our family of 5 this is cheaper or at least the same as a family room that sleeps 5. I was surprised to find that 2 conecting 9b rooms on the Dream in 2012 was about the same as 1 8d room!!

Even for our family of 5 this is cheaper or at least the same as a family room that sleeps 5. I was surprised to find that 2 conecting 9b rooms on the Dream in 2012 was about the same as 1 8d room!!

That's b/c 8D cabins are larger, equivalent to the size of a balcony. 241 sq.ft. vs. 204 sq.ft.
We are a family of 4 but still space is tight with all of us in 1 room. I was so happy to see extra large family cabins that don't necessarily have a balcony. On Magic/Wonder, you had to go up to cat 4 to get a room that size. Being 1 cat down from a suite, they are quite expensive! :sick:

We are a family of 6 also, we cruised the wonder earlier this month. We did a catagory 6 and a catagory 11. My kids are 17,13,9, 3. So the three older ones slept in a room and we had the 3 year old with us. It worked out well for us. We had extra room keys made so we could axcess each others room. I have heard of people taking baby monitors to monitor the other room, but my kids were older so I didnt feel the need. The one thing that I discovered the cheapest way to do this when you book is put 4 in the cheapest room and 2 in the more expensive cabin and then tell your room attendant how you want your sleeping arrangements. Enjoy

That's b/c 8D cabins are larger, equivalent to the size of a balcony. 241 sq.ft. vs. 204 sq.ft.
We are a family of 4 but still space is tight with all of us in 1 room. I was so happy to see extra large family cabins that don't necessarily have a balcony. On Magic/Wonder, you had to go up to cat 4 to get a room that size. Being 1 cat down from a suite, they are quite expensive! :sick:

Except by booking 2 cabins I get 408 feet for the same price as the larger 241 sq foot individual cabins. That is what I think is strange - 408 sq feet, 2 bathrooms, and privacy and the only downside seemed to be my porthole window would not have seating and would be smaller.

Except by booking 2 cabins I get 408 feet for the same price as the larger 241 sq foot individual cabins. That is what I think is strange - 408 sq feet, 2 bathrooms, and privacy and the only downside seemed to be my porthole window would not have seating and would be smaller.
Exactly. For you it's a no brainer, 2 cabins are a better value for you. I'm just saying that the reason the 8D is so much more is b/c it's a significantly larger room and on a much higher deck. That's why it costs a lot more.
Personally, I don't care what deck we're on but traditionally, upper decks cost more.

In your case, it's similar to families of 5 on Magic/Wonder either cramming into 1 cat 4 room and paying through the nose, or spreading out with 2 cheaper connecting cabins. Most would opt for 2 cabins. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter