Alison and Katie – May 1 2014 – Italy/Attic/EpcotDP – Pre-Planning Session Update

Wow, I just read through your entire PJ and.....wow. I know I commented before, but catching up. You have so many great ideas. Everything is going to be gorgeous! You have done so much already....I feel like a total slacker! I can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2

I'm so happy that your families are coming around too! It's always so nice to have that support. :)

Wow, you have so many amazing ideas! I love the invites you posted that look like a storybook, those are so cute and fun. The idea of having a painter at the ceremony is so cool!! Plus I think it would fit in perfectly with the vibe of Epcot and the Italy pavilion. And as you said, it would make an amazing keepsake.

Mmm, I love your food choices, they all sound great. And I also really like how you are trying to keep things on the healthier side. There are so many healthier options that taste delicious, you might as well go with them! I think 7 items is more than enough for a dessert party. If it helps I had the mango shooter at the Tomorrowland Terrace fireworks dessert party and it was good but nothing amazing.

Thanks so much! I love the idea of everything being like a storybook romance, all soft colors and happy memories. I am so excited about the painter. To have the painter though, we will likely have to cut back pretty seriously on the photography package. Crunching those numbers is nooot fun!

Healthy food is feel good food, right :D. Yeah seven items is probably mooore than enough. We are probably looking at a pretty steep bill with all of those. Thanks for the opinion on the mango shooters, that really is a help!

Can you please plan my wedding for me? It seems so lame compared to yours.

Okay, this is the best compliment EVER. Ah thank you so much, you are so sweet!! I cheat though, I have a degree in event planning and a pre-set obsession with weddings.

Wow, I just read through your entire PJ and.....wow. I know I commented before, but catching up. You have so many great ideas. Everything is going to be gorgeous! You have done so much already....I feel like a total slacker! I can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2

I'm so happy that your families are coming around too! It's always so nice to have that support. :)

Oh you went through it all -- that's commendable! I get so long winded haha. There is no way you are a slacker! I am just super obsessed. All I need now are contracts and LOTS of money!

It will be really great to have our families involved. The whole country seems to be getting on the Love Not Hate bandwagon and I couldn't be happier about it!

Hello Lovlies!! I hope you all are well today. I am doing good, finally over the flu and enjoying my first day off and flu free of the whole year!

Katie and I are in mututal super-planning mode! Yahhoo!! We watch toooonns of episodes of Four Weddings and get ideas and form opinions on things we love/dislike. It was so funny though because last week was my company holiday party (its an airline so it is more like a we survived the holidays! Party). We felt just like the people on Four Weddings --- This venue is too small! The buffets are set up wrong! This pasta is cold & but oh the potatoes are good. Seriously, did you ever notice how in Four Weddings the food usually sucks but the potatoes are always good? Its so funny! Same thing happened for us too.

With all the thinking and minor-planning, I think there must be something to put in here!

Liiiike & BRIDAL SHOWCASE NEXT WEEK!!! We are SO excited!!! My mom is coming, and Katies mom and dad are coming, but not going to the Showcase. They dont want to pay the money and say they would prefer to hear about it from us over the weekend.

I took screenshots of all my favorite parts of my wedding pinterest boards so I could store them all on my iPad (Katie got me an iPad for Christmas!!)  so I will have that with me and can take pictures, jot down notes, and show our inspiration to all the vendors at the showcase!

I am so very excited to meet Shelley from Impressions. I contacted her a long time ago, and she told me they were designing a Walt Disney World Brides exclusive invite --- and I have been on pins and needles excited to see it! They are inveiling it at the Showcase, and Shelley even said she would print it in ivory instead of white since that matches our color scheme! So sweet! So we will get to see that and show her the storybook style invites that we have been in love with.

Also, I am very much hoping there will be hairdressers there. I have naturally curly hair and am finding it hard to locate many ideas that would work with natural curls. I dont want to flat iron and then curl my hair, I want to showcase the texture and natural curls! So maybe if there are hair people there they can help me out.

Oh and, David Tutera! That will be soo cool to see him!!! If anyone has specific things you want to see pictures of, please let me know! I know for sure Katie will be on Facebook constantly, she loves uploading pictures as we are doing things. She might even be a guest tweeter on My Day In Disney again. That would be fun!!

I found this shirt, and remember seeing it at the parks last time we were there  Katie said I can have it so she is going to buy it for me!
c28a6a2f634e3da1f36b958c13eb22d7.jpg

And then these adorable Bridal party shirts:
335e927e59715e10e16053a19e7c713f.jpg

This is also super-adorable. I see so many things with Mrs on it .. which is cute & but in my somewhat feminist mind I think that the history of the term Mrs is a little unpalatable. The whole idea of adding a man to your name (while his doesnt change at all) & anyway  either way if there is no R as in Mr. then it doesnt make sense to have a Mrs & & does that make sense to anyone but me? Back to the point  I found this image and its adorable and I want one!
06d1d3f810ec12c9d59a3581eb3c99e7.jpg

If it isnt terribly expensive (And well & it probably will be so this likely wont happen) Katie and I would love to serve a pre-ceremony beverage.
e71b2b10dbef9bf46023447de659a98e.jpg

Since it is a morning ceremony, we thought a yogurt drink like a lassi would be perfect! Refreshing and will a little sustenance to add and calm the early morning caffeine buzz ;)  The only issue besides price is that lassi doesnt really make sense in Italy & & but maybe we can go with it anyway.

A few things we found for the reception/cake/beverages&
I finally found a place to buy the lovely crown cake topper I posted last time!

Now I just need to find out how big the top layer of our cake will be so that I know which size crown to order.

We bought some prosecco and juices and fruits to experiment with last week. The blend of berries ended up being awful, it was ugly and had a bad texture. Complete fail. Citrus fruits also were a no-go. I really liked the mango juice. Katie really liked the pomegranate juice. We were on a good path! &Then good got great when Katie added a splash of pomegranate juice to her mango/prosecco mix&
b97400933f55731af84826aff9d9c8fb.jpg

Look how pretty!!! Its amazingly delicious too!!! We decided this is too perfect, and it simply MUST be our signature drink. We decided to call it Happily Ever After, or just Ever After for short (Yes, I do adore a good cliché !) . Pretty and yummy and a combination of each of our favorite flavors. Looove.

I showed Katie this picture, and she was in love&
482f1df5c3aaef36957b7666c063004d.jpg

Blue mason jars :D She started talking about how she wants a lot of mason jars at the wedding & etc. Then I told her how very, very trendy mason jars are (along with burlap and lace and mustaches..) she was a little bummed. I laughed and told her that there is nothing wrong with trendy details. She really likes the blue mason jars for our centerpieces, so I think it will be garden roses in blue mason jars on a slice of wood. Maybe lace around the mason jars. Hm. Lots of options  its so fun!

I think that is all that is new for now. Hopefully I will have lots to share after the Bridal Showcase next week!! Hope to see many of your lovely faces there!

Love the updates. I was just reading Rachel ray magazine (jan/feb issue) and they have "year of champagne cocktails" there are 12 champagne drinks, I can take pictures and email to you if you want, just PM me.

Just found your PJ and I am loving everything. My DH and I were married in Epcot in Italy in November 2008, so this your PJ is so great to read.

It is so great that things have worked out with both your families, I am sure this makes life so much easier. Love your engagement story.

I was so excited when I saw that your changed your location to Italy - that was our first choice and both us and our guests loved it. We have 50 people attend our wedding. Everyone was picked up at their resort in the morning, brought to Epcot through the back way (everyone LOVED that) and then after the ceremony brought over to The Boardwalk for our reception at ADH (right next to The Attic).

It looks like you will be facing into Italy and I just wanted to show you a few photos of facing the other way (towards the lake). The thing I really wanted to do was to walk over the bridge. If you are facing the lake - my DH and his guys walked over the smaller bridge on the right side and me and my girls walked over the larger bridge on the left side. First all the guys and my DH walked over their bridge and then my girls walked over our bridge. My dad waited for me in the middle of my bridge and I met him on the bridge and then continued walked over. I do not have any photos in photobucked of this but here is a picture when our ceremony was over of the bridge.

MistyFormal122.jpg

Before the ceremony my DH and his guys took pictures.

de2ec938.jpg

Then they hid them in Germany (ok, that sounds strange) and my girls and I took pictures around Italy.

2ef6fd66.jpg

175a35ff.jpg

My favorite thing about Italy was all the arches. It made for some great photos.

4bc56aa0.jpg

After the ceremony - we did not see each other before the ceremony.

78b68228.jpg

Ceremony location with all guests.

b663e728.jpg

Gotta love Italy.

MistyFormal170.jpg

I love your idea of a Katuba - my DH is Jewish and I am Catholic and while we did not do a Katuba, we did something from each of our religions.

Candle lighting for me. I am sorry we did not do the sand ceremony - it was windy the morning of our wedding and we could not get the candles to stay. It was actually kind of funny but I am sorry we did not do the sand.

dce55645.jpg

Breaking the glass for him. This is a picture of the picture frame I purchased after our wedding. It comes with a tube attached to put in some pieces of the broken glass. I love your idea with the glass that you will then have made into the unity glass.

P1120394.jpg

The kiss.

c1c7402b.jpg

I also love how you are thinking of decorating the chairs at your ceremony with those ribbons. They are just perfect.

We also had a brunch that was a big hit with everyone also.

Can't wait to read more.

Linda

Have fun at the bridal showcase!! I will just be missing you, I visit Disney the next weekend. Be sure to come back and post all about it!

I just got caught up on all your updates...so exciting!!

I think you guys made the best choice moving the ceremony to Italy...the stress related to the MK ceremony would make me a basket case!!! And since you are still doing a MK photo shoot you will still have those special magical moments in MK and with the castle...so really, a win-win!!

I am so happy to hear that your families are being more supportive; that will make the whole experience so much more special. I loved that you loved each other so much that it didn't matter in the beginning, but I'm so happy for you both that it will turn out even better than expected!

Love the centerpiece ideas...the piece of wood with the mason jars will be really pretty and organic I think... Loving your menu, too.

I can't wait to hear about the showcase. I so wish we could go. We just got engaged and haven't really started planning yet, but I would love to see everything and just absorb it all. Have a great time and take lots of pictures!!!

Can't wait for more updates!!

Brooke

Hurrah for Katie agreeing to a centerpiece! I love garden roses and the blue mason jar will make the pink of the roses stand out. Your drink sounds delicious, and there is nothing wrong with calling it HEA. I think that is a name I would give something :)
Have the best time at the Bridal Showcase! I'm so jealous you get to meet David. Take lots of pictures!!!

Just caught back up on your PJ and everything looks amazing! Have fun at the showcase! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

Almost forgot.

Love, Love, Love the idea of having your ceremony painted while it is going on. That would be SO wonderful to hang in your home.

Also wanted to show you a photo of our IllumiNations DP. We had it in UK Lower and the spot was perfect. Although we love to watch IllumiNations from the Bridge in Italy - but we did not have a large enough group for that spot.

e2d43814.jpg

Have a great time at the Bridal Showcase. Looking forward to reading all about it.

Linda

Alison, you are just too adorable for words. Your lovely wedding ideas are true reflections of your personality no doubt. Yours and Katie's story is a true inspiration and an example of the power of love. I will be following your PJ eagerly! Our VR is just a few days before your wedding! GAH :cool1:

Oh and P.S., don't be surprised if I "borrow" a few of your ideas:rotfl:

Alison, you are just too adorable for words. Your lovely wedding ideas are true reflections of your personality no doubt. Yours and Katie's story is a true inspiration and an example of the power of love. I will be following your PJ eagerly! Our VR is just a few days before your wedding! GAH :cool1:

Oh and P.S., don't be surprised if I "borrow" a few of your ideas:rotfl:

That's what I love about these boards, everyone is so helpful. I definately "borrowed" a few ideas from former brides before our wedding.

Linda

I love all your updates! Your wedding is going to be so magical!

Also, are you saying you can get French macarons in Disney??? Those are my absolute favourite and I'd love to have them at our dessert party or reception.

Just joining in! You absolutely have amazing ideas! I totally love the unity glass you are thinking of getting. So unique!

I also loved how you are thinking of having a live painter of some sort to paint during the ceremony! Did you have hear anything back about that?

Can't wait to hear more that you got lined up!

I was thinking about your First Look pictures at MK and maybe you could do it near the moat. I've seen on another bride's photos where the photographer took them down to the "moat" (on the left of the castle as you look at it) and did pics with the full castle in the background. If I remember correctly, you can see part of the drawbridge into the castle in the background. Maybe Katie could be down on the lawn and you can come onto the bridge from the castle? I'm not sure exactly how that might work (or if you would be too far away in the picture to be seen), but you can try out ideas like that. Or maybe the same placement for you, but with Katie in the rose garden (near the photopass spot looking toward the castle)... Just some thoughts if your Main Street idea isn't able to work.

I love the Italy change! It sounds like you are so excited!! :wizard:

I love all your updates! Your wedding is going to be so magical!

Also, are you saying you can get French macarons in Disney??? Those are my absolute favourite and I'd love to have them at our dessert party or reception.

I just saw this comment. There is a shop in NY that makes amazing French macaroons (including one called Wedding Cake!) and they ship anywhere. If you guys find Disney to be too expensive for these, I can always send you both the link to this place and you can see if its cheaper for you.

Just read your PJ. Our dates are only a couple days different!

Love everything you have so far - and just followed your boards on Pinterest!

Okay okay okay! I know, it has been forever and I am terrible at updating. The thing is … nothing happened, then A LOT happened and then it took a while to get life back in order to have time to sit down and write this.

So here I am NOW … YAY! I am looking for a better way to embed photos in here – can anyone help with this? For now I am going to direct link … but I think page owners don’t generally like that. Any advice on this will be much appreciated.

OKAY SO.

Where to begin…

Let’s start with the little things.
bellini_bar.jpg

We were talking Mimosas, and I was thinking mimosa bar – or bellini’s would also be quite nice! Such a cute setup here.

I just found this little detail idea – I very much like this, and I think I can talk Katie into it :D
155303887120642948_FYteqTrB_c.jpg

Initials and wedding date embroidered in … what looks to be the inside of the suit jacket pocket. Too cute.

I had a lot of trouble contacting the lady who had the lace bolero I posted earlier. I’m a little upset, actually. I wrote her a message through Etsy asking for a swatch of the fabric in ivory to make sure it matched my dress. She wrote back to tell me that she does not send swatch. I wrote again and said I understand, lace is expensive, and requested to purchase a swatch. I heard nothing back for weeks (I was still in the decision process). Then I emailed her again, to tell her I was still waiting for a response, and began actively looking elsewhere. I am so, so glad I did. I still have never heard another word from the original seller. I contacted Maira Eaton about
this shrug (it matches my dress so much better!). I asked for a swatch, and she replied immediately and I received a swatch about a week later. It matched perfectly. I placed my order, and she followed up (a couple times because I was bad at responding) to get a couple measurements. I received the shrug and it is GORGEOUS … just like the photo. She even sent a little matching hair pin with it – so sweet. Unfortunately, it didn’t fit at all around the arms. After talking with my mom about it she suggested I send it back to be fixed. So I emailed Maira last night (Christmas Eve!) and apologetically told her that I needed to send the item back to be fixed, and I was sure to mention that she didn’t need to get back to me until well after the New Year. She e-mailed me back the very next day (Christmas Day!) to say SURE THING and make sure I had her address to send it back to. No questions, no fuss, just unexpectedly amazing service. I highly, highly recommend her for her outstanding communication and products that are exactly as pictured. She is WONDERFUL. I can’t say enough how much I have loved working with her.

Next let’s talk BRIDAL PARTY!!
Katie and I (mostly me) were unsure at first if we wanted to have a bridal party. I thought it might be easier and less chaotic and a nice money saving point to not have one at all. But then I thought of all the things a bridal party can and will do for the wedding as a whole and how important some people in my life are … and we decided YES. Let’s go for it. Katie choose a good friend (who is also occasionally her flight instructor) Stephanie to be her Best Man (Best Bro as Katie likes to say it, yes Stephanie is female … we have gender roles all over the place here ☺ ). She is also considering her friend since infancy, Dani (female, short for Danielle), to be in the wedding party as well. I think it’s an awesome idea, but Katie is wavering because Danielle is still living in the South. Even though Dani is supportive and has never had a problem, it is still a difficult topic to approach in that surrounding. I think in the end Katie will ask Dani and all will be well and super happy. I love Dani and would LOVE to have her in the wedding ☺.

I had a hard time picking my bridal party. I have one friend (Dayl, female) who has been a close friend since we met well over ten years ago. For the most part though, besides Dayl, I don’t have many friends who are still really IN my life on any regular basis. I actually had to sit down and chat with Katie to figure out who I wanted in my side of the bridal party, and we decided to keep it simple. I will ask Dayl and my great friend Justin to be my Bridesmaid and Bridesman.

Okay so THIS is the fun part. Katie and I are throwing a New Year’s Day tea party (what better way to kick off a new year than with friends and warm beverages and tiny sandwiches?!). Dayl is going to be in town (she is finishing her pharmacy phd in Washington) and I have told Justin that he MUST get the day off work to be at the tea. I ordered these items to POP the question to each of them:

72339137736381130_EZ4pbYZl_c.jpg
Cufflinks in a light “vintage” blue for Justin and
72339137736381133_4GOWm2uH_c.jpg
for Dayl

There are going to be just a few close friends at the tea, and I am very, very excited to make a semi-public proposal! I will have to make sure to hand a camera off to someone to catch the moment !

On tooooo … CAKE!

Katie found this lovely cake (I can’t tell you how many times we have watched Tangled or how obsessed I am with that movie)
Disney-Tangled-Wedding-Cake.jpg

I like it, but it is very dark … and we are having a morning ceremony with a brunch reception. I especially am not fond of the silhouette cityscape. But the idea is sound! So I went on the hunt and found this (birthday) cake:
72339137736386988_uvs6x1Es_c.jpg

The colors here are muuuch nicer and closer to what would work for us. Maybe lean away from purple and focus more on pale shades of pink and blue and lanterns (not 3D, Katie thinks the lanterns in this photo look like Captain Crunch!) maybe in a soft rosey gold color. A completely different topper and no ocean scene on the bottom… maybe a different phrase… but … yes! There is a start of a good thought here. It is especially nice since I will be walking down the aisle to I See The Light (have you heard it played on strings? It is SO beautiful .. check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q30sa7RO_Fk# ) – so the cake will match that. OH! But we are cutting the cake to the Disney Mania version of A Dream is Wish …so maybe something like that… Oooh possibilities.

Speaking of music – Katie decided she wanted to walk “in” (more casual than walking “down the aisle”) to Snow White’s Someday My Prince Will Come (it is very pretty played on the strings, also in the youtube link above). So that’s adorable and I am all for it.

Okay here come the big changes. Are you ready?

We met with Joe, our sales rep, earlier this month. This was on the table for our meeting, I was so excited to see our names on Disney stationary!
72339137736425165_Wg0BZ7l0_c.jpg

He took us into the Wedding Pavilion, which was very grand to walk into! Much more than what photos will tell you. The stained glass was my favorite part. Joe told us it was added to block views of construction and intended to be temporary, but it has been so popular they plan to keep it! I guess the photographers like it too since it filters the light to make it softer.
72339137736425166_52uDeh5P_c.jpg

Then he offered to snap a quick photo in front of the archway. If you squint and reeeally believe it, you can see the castle in the background.
72339137736425167_R011pknD_c.jpg

He took us to see Luau Beach, which was intended to be our backup location … but we were underwhelmed by it in person.

In our meeting with Joe, he showed us some lovely pictures of Magic Kingdom weddings, and I was so excited! I asked if the ceremony was typically a little longer in the Magic Kingdom, since it is such a grand setting at such a large price. He said no .. actually, it is usually pretty short … and then a few minutes to snap a few photos and then right back up main street so the park can open. Huh. Okay. That totally makes sense … … but let’s take this. Put it together with the stress of NO DATE BOOKED until 6 months out … and couple that with the $10grand price tag that looks more and more difficult every day … … …and the Magic Kingdom isn’t looking so appealing anymore. Hm.

I think during the meeting Katie and I were thinking the same thing, but weren’t ready to voice such doubts about something that meant so much to us. The next day we were walking through Epcot World Showcase and chatting … I told her I picked Luau Beach as our backup because originally she wanted a beach (toes in sand) wedding. But if I really had my choice, it would be somewhere in the World Showcase. Like Italy or France. (For those of you who don’t know, I am a little obsessed with the World Showcase and would easily spend several days of a Disney Trip there if Katie would let me! Also, Duffy is my favorite Disney Character and just happens to be the World Showcase mascot! LOVE!) Katie says … well… I am half Italian…

And then something amazing happens. I forgot to mention that Katie’s parents were also in Disney on this trip (it wasn’t a “together” trip, but a … we are coming to and lets hang out some trip). So. The Amazing thing. We mention this thought process to Katie’s parents (maaaybe Italy…?) and … her mom says WELL HECK! Lets go look at it!!!. Katie and literally almost fell over or stopped breathing or something because .. WHAT!? Did Katie’s Mom just ask to do something wedding related with us!?? OH HECK YEAH LETS GO LOOK NOW! Now before you change your mind… (we could hardly believe that she had .. I mean … it was so unexpected that she would want to even think about or mention but she wanted to go look at a venue choice with us?!!).

So we did. And it’s awesome. And perfect in a whole different way. And by the way, my dress will look awesome there. I was having trouble reconciling my ivory dress with the blue-white of Cinderella’s Castle … and the Italy Pavilion screams shades of ivory in a lovely way. And there is … a dias! Like .. a tiny stage! It is so grand! It could be so beautifully formal! And less than half the cost and we can book 12 months out and HELLO ITS IN EPCOT!!

72339137736425101_T2iDxmGA_c.jpg

114278909265550840_uCPhPxBF_c.jpg

So we are booking the Italy Pavilion for Thursday, May 1, 2014 .. and while we are at it we love the Italy location for the dessert party too (the smoke from Illuminations seems to always head towards the UK) … so yes. Oh and we still love the attic. So that’s the big change!! Italy Pavilion ceremony, The Attic for brunch reception, and the (smaller) Italy location for the Fireworks Dessert Party. SO. EXCITED.

On the topic of dessert parties … we know it is probably not an option, but the answer is always NO until you ask ☺. We are wondering how much it would cost to buy out all of the reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party … and if we could even do that at all. Because that would be brilliant -- Magic Kingdom and Wishes dessert party? How unbelievably cool would that be? I really doubt they would let us … but we are going to see what they say when we ask !

Speaking of asking … we asked about having the Dapper Dans perform … and Joe looked into it … and it’s been done before !! So we got a ballpark price quote and confirmation that YES WE CAN BOOK THE DAPPER DANS!!!! This MUST happen.

Katie and I are now deciding between a few characters we love and want. Mickey and Minnie (classic and not to be overlooked). Duffy and Figment (our respective favorites and BOTH Epcot mascots! They will be in the wedding somewhere…), and Katie’s childhood favorites, Chip and Dale. There is time to decide, and to find out if they even still have the full size person Figment costume (though they are hinting they are bringing the Dream Finder back … and that would be stupendous).

So there are the big changes since we last talked!

AND ONE MORE!

I saved the best for last. Aren’t I nice?

Okay this one is really big. Really, really big.
I work at the airport, and last Thursday my Dad flew through and had a long layover. I was so happy to see him, I never get enough time with my Dad. He asked about our recent trip to Disney and I told him about the change in plans and how much money it would save … and then the amazing happened. In a nutshell … Dad is going to help pay for the wedding. I can’t explain how much it meant to me … to go from wondering if he would attend to the amazing gift of financial support. And at Christmas time. And … I was overwhelmed and I cried and I still can hardly believe it.

I am a very lucky girl indeed.

I was only looking for welcome bag ideas. But, I found so much more in your PTR. I have read it, (although I admit from end to beginning) and haven't commented until now.
So blessed a girl you are. I pray for you that all smooth sailing continues. I look forward to reading more.

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments and responses!!! I am so sorry to leave everything so long, but I think you will understand.

Early this year Katie was laid off. She lived on unemployment and I picked up shifts to help make ends meet. Things in Denver seemed to be consistently not-nice to her, so I told her to apply to jobs anywhere Southwest flies and we will move.

Long story short ... we are now living in Florida and Katie is working at Walt Disney World! She has an intern job now, but it is a foot in the door and she hopes to one day be a VIP Tour Guide! It is VERY exciting, but has effected our wedding plans significantly. Mostly, we moved. And we had to dig deep into our wedding savings to move. In addition, Katie is making a lot less than she used to, and we are both paying a lot more in gas to get to our respective work-places.

So overall that means we are now trying to keep things SUPER on budget, and probably as close to the minimums as we can get. I think my parents might pipe up and help out as things go ... we will see. I am hoping to get a lot of money back on taxes since I moved for work. Fingers crossed!!

ANYWAY! On to the HAPPY!

Today is FRIDAY and TUESDAY IS OUR PLANNING SESSION!!!

I wanted to get an update here before our planning session, to organize my thoughts and also to track how things change :)

So here is my current Wedding Day vision...

Wake up WAY too early. Undecided on if I will ask my maids to be up with me, probably not. Maybe just my Mom.
PH236700611+-+0852.jpg

First look and Bridal portrait session in the Magic Kingdom :lovestruc

Over to Epcot Italy, pre-ceremony photos with bridal party etc.

Wedding ceremony in Epcot Italy
2f3b9e7b9e61f3a6908270baa60c3b02.jpg

I want simple decor, ribbons on the back rows of chairs, and petals in a pattern down the aisle. If the petals are too much, we can scrap them all together and thats fine.
9a4d0a86bfb23888c0e646287861b80c.jpg

If we can afford it, I still really want a ceremony painter. But I am pretty sure that is the first thing to be sacrificed. Bridal portrait session and actual wedding photography are more important. Dangit.

We will have a harpist for music, and a friend to officiate.
Katie will enter to Someday My Prince Will Come
Katie's parents: Golden Afternoon
Bridal party : Once Upon a Dream
Myself with my parents: I See The Light

The ceremony will include a unity cocktail. A flute of prosecco and glasses of pomegranate and mango juice to be poured in, then we will each share a sip (this drink, our Ever After, will be served at the reception). The ceremony wording include representations of all that I am, all that I was, and all that I ever will be. The song for the ceremony will be Married Life from Up.

We will sign either a legal marriage license or a decretive personalized marriage contract during the ceremony. Maybe both.
We will personalize vows, the first part we will share the same vows, the second we will each have individual vows.
dd0b7e5c35e6830225b314decd6e7bc4.jpg

Our recessional will be Ever Ever After from Enchanted.
I recently learned about petal cannons and !!!! I want it!!!! I am certain we can't afford it though .. but ugh! Want!!! Does anyone have pictures? Never even heard of them until I filled out my floral checklist!

The portion between ceremony and reception is a little fuzzy to me. I am thinking we will have enough time to get through all the pictures we need before the ceremony so we might be able to go with our guests over to the reception and skip the pre-reception. I am very undecided about how to work transit from ceremony to reception as well. I'd love a boat .. cause I LOVE boats ... but that might cost too much. Ho hum. We'll see.

Reception at The Attic !
Our entry song is going to be Ever Ever After again, I think.
Our first dance is Can I Have This Dance from High School Musical 3.
Our brunch menu has not changed, signature drink from ceremony.
But the CAKE! CAKE HAS CHANGED AND I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Turns out Katie and I were both un-enamoured with the lanterns cake but just hadn't mentioned it. So that conversation went real easy. We came together on three separated tiers on three separate cake platters, in pink and blue buttercream (no fondant) and a simple wrap of lace around the base of each cake. Non-fondant is the next big thing in weddings, you heard it here first :)

Colors and style:
3766b0b7c8803774b3aad9c83c88a4dc.jpg

9c79f2b47487ace1ca00c0b07c3bc79d.jpg

The look without fondant (no burlap or twine for us, and the tiers separated like above)
5adea55df7586964d0a331bba03ac8bf.jpg

Cakes without fondant -- I LOVE the texure!
77366d3d7a963b2f3abb057f0d622b8e.jpg
0f5554262db9cfec484f1cb6d6a79794.jpg

The largest tier will have our monogram on it (did I mention we have an AWESOME monogram?!):
cfce46ba4a5dffee73a4ddf55c53d91b.jpg

On the cake instead of the crown on the monogram, we will have a crown cake topper:
19655bf6baa785b0e19eb031d0e3c888.jpg

Disney Mania's A Dream is a Wish for the cake cutting.

Still hoping to be able to afford the Dapper Dans for the reception!!!

AND! We weren't going to do favors, but I found this picture and it is SO cute and so appropriate and not much money at all:
0ead911023436981e2e2af9c97fe0d8e.jpg

And maybe these champagne flutes
af6702c9d65567cdf8bca59e18868d65.jpg

Katie really wants rose folded napkins, and I want bows, so we are thinking of doing both.

----

Other things...
We have booked Regina Hyman for our photographer.
We are in the process of ordering our invites! Look how pretty!
il_570xN.342841508.jpg

We booked our honeymoon!!! 7 days on the Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean ! We leave two days after the wedding, ON KATIE'S BIRTHDAY! It'll be so great. I have never been on a cruise and Eeee!

I thiiiink that is most of the things that have changed ... I guess overall very little has changed since the last update (part of the reason for there being so long between updates). Mostly just trying to keep things as affordable as we can now while still staying within the dream. Doin good!

Oh yeah! Look at this adorable boutonniere !! It's so perfect!
8aef05aaa5745109d079bb0c993b4938.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter