Aligator Bayou Experts - Need Help

boomhauer

When the world gets in my face, I say - Have A Nic
I've never stayed there, but visited last month. We're staying in July. I know alot of people say Building 14 is the best. However, when I was there last month, I walked over to AB from Ol Man Island. When you cross the bridge and take a right, I believe Building 38 is right up on your left. It was only a 3 minute walk from there to Ol Man Island and just a couple more minutes to the food court. Is this correct?

Also, would building 27 be a good choice? If you cross that same bridge, 27 would be the same distance as 38, except it's to the left, correct?

I've never stayed there, but visited last month. We're staying in July. I know alot of people say Building 14 is the best. However, when I was there last month, I walked over to AB from Ol Man Island. When you cross the bridge and take a right, I believe Building 38 is right up on your left. It was only a 3 minute walk from there to Ol Man Island and just a couple more minutes to the food court. Is this correct?

Also, would building 27 be a good choice? If you cross that same bridge, 27 would be the same distance as 38, except it's to the left, correct?

Yes you are correct.
Take a look at this link to a map of POR.
http://www.solarius.com/dvp/wdw/riverside.htm

I think 27 is in an excellent location. 38 isn't bad either. A lot of folks complain about how big this resort is. I really like the size of it and don't think any of the walks are bad at all. For the amount of walking you do at the parks all day, the amount of walking at POR is very small.

Dont know if this bothers you , but the new smoking area is near building 27 which may mean walking past a lot of smoke to get to the food court. Walking round the river path, building 38 is a bit of a hike, however I have never tried crossing to Ol' man sland first. On our stay at POR we were in building 14 but the side furthest away from the food court and it was still a bit of a trek to get to the food court to get refills. Good luck with your choice, and getting it!

I think judging by the map, I'm gonna ask for building 27 or 38. I like being near the bridge close to Ol Man Island and the outside bar.

Dont know if this bothers you , but the new smoking area is near building 27 which may mean walking past a lot of smoke to get to the food court. Walking round the river path, building 38 is a bit of a hike, however I have never tried crossing to Ol' man sland first. On our stay at POR we were in building 14 but the side furthest away from the food court and it was still a bit of a trek to get to the food court to get refills. Good luck with your choice, and getting it!

Exactly where are the new smoking areas?

Like the one you mention - Is on out on the walkway as you pass Building 27?

I thought Building 27 was the perfect location. Take a left to get to the pool and go right to get to the main building. It worked out great and the location was beautiful.

Looks to me that 14, 18, 27 and 38 are the best locations. You're right on the main path and within quick walking distance of Ol Man Island and main building.

We were in building 38 in May. It wasn't that long of a walk to the food court. You're close to the mansions and their quiet pool which we used a couple of times. Building 38 was very convenient for us and we enjoyed it very much

I like all the above suggestions...that way Bldg 24 will still be available next time we book.

Unless you like to eat often in the food court (or the outdoor bar...) Bldg 24 is a great choice. It is a 12 min walk (leisurely) from the main lobby, timed by GPS. Only 3 mins to West Depot.

How does one go about putting in a request for a location? Do we call or email? Fax? How far in advance do you make the request?

In Dec. of last year, and got 90-Oak Manor. It was a nice Location, except for the Cheerleaders running around.;)

Oh no - Just called to request AB building 27 or 38. The CM (nice as she was) said she would make the request but that I may very well not get it. Even though we have 5 people in our room, since 2 of them are infants, we may get Magnolia Bend automatically.:sad1:

That would disappoint me so much. The whole reason I switched to Riverside was because I loved the AB section.

Oh no - Just called to request AB building 27 or 38. The CM (nice as she was) said she would make the request but that I may very well not get it. Even though we have 5 people in our room, since 2 of them are infants, we may get Magnolia Bend automatically.:sad1:

That would disappoint me so much. The whole reason I switched to Riverside was because I loved the AB section.

I am sure that POR can only have so many trundle beds because of the fire codes or whatever it may be.......................but why can't they split up the trundle beds between Alligator Bayou and the Mansions? That way they still have the same amount of trundles, but the families of five can request the Mansions if they wish and families of 4 and under can request Alligator Bayou (and have a better chance of getting it, since all the trundles aren't soley there).

We were in #38 last December. We loved the location - very convenient to both OMI and the North Depot.

I think, even further, that it does not so much matter the location of the building but the location IN the building. We were in building 28 last summer, which is right behind 27 but we were in such a weird spot that when we got to the building, which was easy to find, we had to walk all the way around to the other side and by the time we were in our room, we forgot how to get to the bus or back to the sidewalk along the Sassagoula! And I consider myself pretty good with directions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter