Alice's Adventures in Wonderland with her Mad Hatter - New TR!!!!

QuirkyButterfly

DIS Veteran
Wow it is that time already, I have been waiting for this moment for about 5 years! I can't believe it is here...

It's time for me to start my TR :banana:

Introductions:

Me: Alice!

d9000975.jpg

I am 27 years old, and I love Disney:smickey: I have been to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris when I was young and couldn't wait to get to the next park on my list: Disney World! I am the planner, I have spent years of my life planning for this holiday. I have read through the Unofficial Guide many times and have spent years inhabiting these boards getting every tiny scrap of information I could. Did I mention I love Disney! :lmao:

My DBF: Adam!

1a376e76.jpg

24 years old and my mad hatter. We have been together 6 years now. He has never even been on a plane before :eek: let alone another country and I thought it was high time that he did! and why not convert him to Disney in the same trip :rolleyes1. Adam is just as fun and childish as I am and so I was sure that he would love Disney World, he wasn't quite sold but was happy to let me drag him around (you will have to keep reading to see if he is a convert). He does love Disney and Pixar movies so at least I had that on my side.

We live in Sydney Australia and so when we were planning we knew that we wanted to stay for a while in America as the plane tickets were the largest cost involved in this trip. So we planned to be in America from the 29th of August until the 19th of September.

We didn't just go to Disney though, we had fun else where.
3 Days in LA! Seeing Hollywood:

cdf8c96a.jpg

e94e17bc.jpg

Having fun at Madame Tussaud's:

33590bcd.jpg

Stumbling upon Ed O'Neill getting a star and seeing the cast of Modern Family:

9bd58db5.jpg

Going to the filming of the TV show Rules of Engagement:

Watch-Rules-of-Engagement-Episodes-Online.jpg

Roller blading from Venice beach to Santa Monica:

ef0b983c.jpg

3 Days in San Francisco! Having a night tour of Alcatraz:

62c99f57.jpg

Exploring China Town, strolling along Fisherman's Wharf:

e0a00306.jpg

Hanging on for dear life on the cable cars:

e376f4fd.jpg

and biking across the Golden Gate Bridge:

65a82fcc.jpg

4 Days in Orlando! Going to Sea World:

de4ca1db.jpg

Exploring the Magical World of Harry Potter and Universal Studios

f000a513.jpg

Swimming with the Dolphins at Discovery Cove:

51f3c1e0.jpg

Wrestling with Gators!

14897396.jpg

13 Days at Disney World!!!!!!

0230040f.jpg

I think I will mention this one again: 13 Days at Disney World :woohoo: Enough said, I will keep the details of these happy weeks to myself for the moment, they will unravel as I update you.

Now this part is up to you my readers, think of this as a choose your own adventure book. Do you want me to write this TR in chronological order starting in LA and ending at Disney last.

or

Do you want to start at Disney first and then go back to the beginning to read about the rest of the trip.

It is up to you. Feel free to comment on which you would prefer or just to say hi.

Can't wait to hear from you all :ccat:

Alice - Finally!!! popcorn::

My vote goes for chronological order.....and pictures just a teeny weeny wincy bit BIGGER :laughing:

princess::upsidedow

ps. Love the pictures so far!

pps. And I love love love that Cheshire HAT!

Alice - Finally!!! popcorn::

My vote goes for chronological order.....and pictures just a teeny weeny wincy bit BIGGER :laughing:

princess::upsidedow

ps. Love the pictures so far!

pps. And I love love love that Cheshire HAT!

I had a feeling you would be the first. I have taken your suggestion and increased the size of the photos. What do you think?

ps. I love love love the cheshire cat hat too. The queen of hearts didn't but that is a story for later.

:thumbsup2

Thanks!

ps. I can wait for the full story...but the Queen of Hearts? As in the Queen of Hearts who doesn't like the cheshire cat??? :lmao:

:thumbsup2

Thanks!

ps. I can wait for the full story...but the Queen of Hearts? As in the Queen of Hearts who doesn't like the cheshire cat??? :lmao:

Yes that Queen of Hearts, she is just as scary and mean as you have heard ::yes::

Another vote for chronological order!

:welcome: fellow Aussie, and another vote for chronological.

yes, first to last please!!

:wave: I think this is turning in to an all Australian TR.

Please feel free to comment if you are from America, UK, Canada, France, Mexico, Iceland, Spain, New Zealand, Antarctica... You get the idea :thumbsup2

Another Aussie here, and another vote for chronological!! Looking forward to hearing all about it. :surfweb:

You two are adorable! I'd love either a chronological or madcap tale of your travels - just looking forward to the story....

Cool I'm here for page 1!!!!!

I also vote for chronological! Just because it makes for more sense, and I'm curious what you did on your California parts of the trip. Hailing from both parts of the state and doing some research on LA to help you figure out how buses work and all that stuff, I'm curious on what you settled upon.

Helping you out really taught me a lot about my own area (since I've not been without a car for 25 years!) I'm curious to hear about all that, especially the Ed O'Neill getting a star and seeing the cast of Modern Family. I'm not a star chaser, but when I see people on shows that I watch, it is exciting!

Bring it on! popcorn::

I am so excited to start reading all about your trip! Your spoiler pics reeled me in :thumbsup2

I also vote for chronological order - my son and his gf just surprised me with a visit last week (he lives in L.A) and I just moved back to Oregon and your pics made me homesick for him and also brought back smiles from his visit to San Francisco (actually their first visit).

Can't wait to read more!!!

Yay you started! :cool1: I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures.

Complete the TR in the order you want - of course I want to hear all about Disney! :laughing:

P.S. I've started my TR as well - link is in my signature.

Another Aussie here, and another vote for chronological!! Looking forward to hearing all about it. :surfweb:

Thanks for joining in! Aussie Aussie Aussie...

You two are adorable! I'd love either a chronological or madcap tale of your travels - just looking forward to the story....

Welcome to my first Non-Australian :woohoo:. Adorable? :blush: Thanks!

Cool I'm here for page 1!!!!!

I also vote for chronological! Just because it makes for more sense, and I'm curious what you did on your California parts of the trip. Hailing from both parts of the state and doing some research on LA to help you figure out how buses work and all that stuff, I'm curious on what you settled upon.

Helping you out really taught me a lot about my own area (since I've not been without a car for 25 years!) I'm curious to hear about all that, especially the Ed O'Neill getting a star and seeing the cast of Modern Family. I'm not a star chaser, but when I see people on shows that I watch, it is exciting!

Bring it on! popcorn::

:wave2: I am glad you made it over. Thank you so much for the help you gave me, It helped us an awful lot :hug:. I will detail how we went with the hotel and public transport soon. It was such a happy accident to stumble upon Ed O'Neill getting a star :goodvibes we were just very lucky. I have to go back and catch up on your PTR. You must be getting excited not long to go now :cool1:.

I am so excited to start reading all about your trip! Your spoiler pics reeled me in :thumbsup2

I also vote for chronological order - my son and his gf just surprised me with a visit last week (he lives in L.A) and I just moved back to Oregon and your pics made me homesick for him and also brought back smiles from his visit to San Francisco (actually their first visit).

Can't wait to read more!!!

I am glad you liked my photos, and that they made you smile. How nice to get a surprise trip from your son, my mum lives 3 hours away and I try to go and see her as much as I can. Hope to get more updates out soon, thanks for joining in.

Yay you started! :cool1: I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures.

Complete the TR in the order you want - of course I want to hear all about Disney! :laughing:

P.S. I've started my TR as well - link is in my signature.

Great to see you here :welcome:. I have just started reading your TR, I will have to hurry along and get further in. I hope you had a great time.

Wow! That is some trip!! Can't wait to hear about your long-awaited time in WDW. :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in :woohoo:. Now that I look back we did manage to squeeze a lot of things into a 3 week trip. I will have more updates soon.

ok...

another impatient australian waiting for the report.........[foot tapping]....

and do i also make it to page 1?????? LETS SEE:cool1:

Another Aussie joining in. Very excited seeing your intro photos, also impatiently waiting for more! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter